main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF:NSW X2

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by IG_88a, Jun 2, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. IG_88a

IG_88a Jedi Padawan star 4

May 15, 2002
    Hell why not a major DC/Marvel universe crossover character movie :)

2. Darth_Dagsy

Darth_Dagsy Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 18, 2000
    Yeah, and they can get Buffy and Dark Angel and The Comic Book Store guy and Lunchlady Doris and Casper and Richie Rich and John Hewson, and eevery other fictional character, and put them in the movie!

Hows that?

3. IG_88a

May 15, 2002
    For one thing squirt, Casper and Richie Rich are one and the same. :D

4. The_Scream_Man

The_Scream_Man Jedi Knight star 5

May 1, 2000
    from Comics continuum

In other Marvel movie news:

* Kelly Hu, who co-starred in The Scorpion King, has joined the X-Men sequel cast. According to the Hollywood Reporter, she will play Anne, a mutant accessory to the villain Striker who has the ability to control human emotions.

Sources told The Continuum another casting announcement will be happening "soon, perhaps within the week."

5. The_Scream_Man

May 1, 2000
    Kelly Hu is now reported to be playing Lady DeathStrike

And young actress Katie Stuart is now reported to have the role of Kitty Pryde.

6. IG_88a

May 15, 2002
    My thoughts on who should play Gambit.
    On friday night over a few drinks i had, what i thought was a brilliant idea. Guy Pearce as Gambit, he has the right body size and look to him. And he's a better choice than "Angel" or Freddie Prinze Jnr

7. Syrix_Kahl

Syrix_Kahl Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 25, 2001
    Lady DeathStrike has ridden as Death for Apocalypse hasn't she....

hmm, curious.

8. The_Scream_Man

May 1, 2000
    Gambit isnt in X2 according to all the latest info. And apprently we will see 2 teams of Xmen in the film (The originals, and a "New Mutants' like version that saves em when they get caught)

And Nightcrawler teleports into the CIA at one point.

9. IG_88a

May 15, 2002
    Syrix, no, but Wolvie has. And so has Warren Worthington the 3rd.
    Lady Deathstrike has never (as far as my memory is concerned) ever worked for Apocolypse. Scream, i heard some details are being released just to confuse people. For Example plot details have been leaked to some media groups, yet all the details that were released contradicted themselves.

10. Kalor_Voe

Kalor_Voe Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 10, 2000
    I'm not exactly an authority (I'm more DC), but Gambit always bored me.
    I want Archangel!

11. IG_88a

May 15, 2002
    Archangel would be cool, but would be bloody hard to pull off and make look halfway decent.

New Movie Details: I've just been informed that no Xmen movie will cover Onslaught, as Marvel has started talking to Avi Arad about doing, Onslaught: The Movie.
    My sources have generally been pretty close to the mark, with information. More info to follow.

12. Syrix_Kahl

Syrix_Kahl Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 25, 2001
    88: I could be mistaken, but I have read one comic (could have been Uncanny) that had a woman as Death.

13. The_Scream_Man

May 1, 2000
    Ive heard the tremors of the Onslaught film as well, but i was led to believe it was gonna be a different project to X2.

14. IG_88a

May 15, 2002
    Scream, it will be a different project to X2, it will just have some characters from Xmen and X2 aswell as a few new characters from the Marvel Universe. New Info on Onslaught, Apparently Kevin Smith has been approached to write the script.

15. The_Scream_Man

May 1, 2000
    X-MEN SEQUEL UPDATE
    Brian Cox will play Stryker, the lead villain, in the X-Men sequel, which has begun production in the Vancouver area.

Cox, 56, is a veteran of more than 40 films and is currently featured in The Bourne Identity. He also starred as Hannibal Lecter in the 1986 film Manhunter, below.

Fox describes Stryker as "a former Army commander who holds the key to Wolverine's past - as well as the future of the X-Men."

The studio also described Kelly Hu's role as "Stryker's assistant, Yuriko Oyama, who has her own surprises for the heroic team." The character's name would be consistent with Hu's recent description of the character as Lady Deathstrike.

Fox also noted that Shawn Ashmore is returning as Bobby Drake (Iceman) and Aaron Stanford's Pyro will be John Allerdyce. The studio said the young mutants will be called "the X-Kids."

Although writing credits are not final, the studio lists the screenplay being written by David Hayter and Michael Dougherty and Dan Harris, based on a story by returning director Bryan Singer and Hayter.

Returning actors listed by Fox include Patrick Stewart, Hugh Jackman, Halle Berry, Ian McKellen, Famke Janssen, James Marsden, Bruce Davison, Rebecca Romijn-Stamos and Anna Paquin. Alan Cumming is the newest addition, playing Nightcrawler.

The studio is also listing Tom DeSanto as a returning executive producer.

In other X2 news:

* Stanford was featured in this week's Entertainment Weekly "It" issue.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.