main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Colum, OH X3 on DVD

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by Darth_William, Sep 18, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_William

Darth_William Jedi Grand Master star 2

May 4, 2002
    For those that are interested in picking this up on 10/3,
    you may want to know about a special pack-on bonus disc that will be
    available at Wal*Mart with 50 minutes of behind-the-scenes material (especially since the dvd itself is next to bare bones as far as bonus features, and the "Collector's Edition" is simply the 1-disc dvd packaged with a bonus comic book!)
    Here ya go:

[image=http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y31/b1lly/x3dvd3.jpg]

Also, just for reference in case you decide to hold out for the inevitable
    Fox double-dip, director Brett Ratner says there is definately a loaded X3:SE disc one on the way! No time-table for that yet, though!

2. Darth_William

May 4, 2002
    Here's the link to the Ratner X3:SE quotes:

http://dvd.ign.com/articles/733/733090p1.html

3. TravisTheGeek

TravisTheGeek Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 15, 2006
    On a side note, I'm pretty sure "Thank You For Smoking" comes out on the same day. I'm going to be so broke that day... though I might wait for the special edition X3.

4. Darth_William

May 4, 2002
    And for those that are so inclined, so does this!!!:

[image=http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y31/b1lly/littlemermaidr1artpic.jpg]
    10/3/06 Disney Platinum Edition

Can you guess which one of these I'm most looking forward to? ;)

5. lazer310

lazer310 Jedi Grand Master star 3

Apr 23, 2000
    I'm kinda ticked that the special features are not being included with the regular disc. Isn't that why DVD was made? And you would think with the millions they spent, there had to be at least one film crew taking BTS stuff. Just a ploy to get you to buy 2 different versions. I think agrre with Travis, wait for the special edition. Or download it. Not that I would ever do that or anything...... [face_whistling]

And I am glad to see that Disney changed the cover for The Little Mermaid. Remember the old VHS cover with the giant phallic symbol in the background? Genius.

6. Darth_William

May 4, 2002
    Yeah, I owned that copy for years!
    Lol!

[image=http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y31/b1lly/coverart01.jpg]

7. TravisTheGeek

Apr 15, 2006
    Man, that was offensive. Phallic symbols don't belong in Disney movies about sexy, drenching wet teenaged red heads with sea shells pasties. It just crosses the line! SOMEBODY THINK OF THE CHILDREN!!!

Back on topic, I tell ya, it's going to be Hell to wait for SE X3. I loved that movie and I can't wait to own it.

8. frabotti

frabotti Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 24, 2003

Chris is looking foward for the little mermaid dvd the most but I'l let him tell you why.

P.S. Chris dont say that you dont know what I'm talking about.

9. DarthFloyd

DarthFloyd Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 29, 2002
    "Did you see the little mermaid was on the other night? That Ariel is HOT!"
    - Jason Biggs, American Pie

I agree with Travis, I really want X3, but I'll just have to hold out for it.

10. Darth_William

May 4, 2002
    How can you stand to wait? Not that I'm looking forward to the double-dip, but I MUST OWN THIS MOVIE AS SOON AS POSSIBLE!! [face_hypnotized]

Whew!!...Ok, I'm good now!!

11. TravisTheGeek

Apr 15, 2006
    Well, I don't know. I really don't want to wait. Do we know when this special edition is coming out?

12. DarthFloyd

Jan 29, 2002
    Either way, if the SE doesn't come out, the regular version of the movie will most likely hit 10 bucks by valentine's day. Besides, it can't be like waiting for the "The Whole Bloody Affair" version of Kill Bill. Still makes me mad that THAT isn't out yet...

13. Darth_William

May 4, 2002
    No announced date yet, Travis . :(

14. TravisTheGeek

Apr 15, 2006
    Just picked up X3 this morning and I've been watching the special features.
    If you can possibly wait, I recommend it. I am not very impressed with this edition. First off, it's full of previews. Like, three before you even get to the menu and then two more as options on the menu. (Which, in my opinion, ruins the menu screen. How can I take it seriously when you've got "Simpsons: The Movie" down at the bottom?)
    And the deleted scenes, which are how I justified buying this, are completely pointless. Most of them are nothing more then a single word change or an extra beet in a pause. For instance, in the scene where Mystique is disguised as the president on the truck, demanding to be released. In the theatrical version, the guard says "Mr. President ... Shut up." In the so-called deleated/extended scene, it's "Mr. President ... Shut the **** up." How dose that even count? And even worse still, the few scenes not like that are usually completely out of character! There are two scenes that portray Beast and Colossus as murderers. Seriously, Beast snaps a guy's neck and Colossus smashes a frozen dude. And here I thought superheros weren't supposed to kill people.
    So, yeah, I'm sure some of you will be like me and you'll just HAVE to have it NOW!!! But for those of you who don't mind waiting for the special editions, go for it.

15. lazer310

lazer310 Jedi Grand Master star 3

Apr 23, 2000
    Thanks for the warning Travis. I was going to pick it up next week. But it looks like I will be waiting.

16. DarthFloyd

Jan 29, 2002
    I already decided to wait, as the cover art on the deluxe edition HAS TO BE better than this one. Of course, I also didn't want to have to buy the film twice. I'll just borrow Bill's copy. [face_whistling]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.