main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

San Fran, CA X3: The Last Stand - 5/26/06

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by JedHead1, Mar 6, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AKAI_FETT

AKAI_FETT Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 27, 2006
    I just watched her in Suck-cramento at a 1:05 showing. mixed feelings...

2. NivekSkywalker

NivekSkywalker Jedi Youngling star 2

May 21, 2006
    thanks guys for the fun filled evening. it was really great to meet u all individually. there were so many of you that the only way i can remember names is to look at the members photos! i thought that the movie was excellent especially since our wonderful city was represented numerous times! see u guys at the june meet! MTFBWY

3. Zero_has_lightsaber

Zero_has_lightsaber Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 25, 2005
    *Watches after credits.*

Holy crap. Onslaught....

4. LeiaAsylum

LeiaAsylum Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 9, 2003
    I saw this last night out here in DC, and I liked it but it seemed rushed or something. It was fun to see SF though!! I wish I could have seen it with you guys! :( I'm looking forward to seeing the photos!

5. JedHead1

JedHead1 Jedi Master star 5

Feb 20, 1999
    I enjoyed it very much, (especially the ending) and I can't wait for deleted scenes on the DVD! It was great seeing everyone (although for me that was hard ;) ), and I can't wait to see the pictures!

Personally, I wish Chanel could've been there. First Matrix Revolutions, LOTR Return Of The King, Episode III, and now this. It just hurts sometimes to know that she looked forward to seeing the conclusion of all these series and that she's not here to see them. :_| I guess in retrospect it was appropriate that I was Cyclops last night, in that I know all too well what he was going through, and luckily for me my eyes were covered last night. Sometimes when you want it to art imitates life and vice-versa, and sometimes it doesn't. Sorry, it was my first feeling after seeing the film. Just venting again.

Missed you, Chanel! @};-

6. StarSmuggler

StarSmuggler Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 26, 2004
  7. kay_dee

kay_dee Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 15, 2002
    Last night was a lot of fun! I'm so glad I've been able to start going to movies again with such a fun group :)

Kevin - it was a pleasure meeting you. Hopefully we'll see you again at our upcoming meeting.

Matt - sorry one of your dear friends wasn't there to share in the fun with you. I'm sure she would have had a great time had she have been able to be there with all of us (well, I'm sure she was there spiritually - but I know that's not the same).

Once again, I have a rough album of my photos uploaded. I'll complete the gallery once I get everyone elses pics (maybe people can bring them to the next meeting).

X3 photos

All your costumes were great! If only I had a new set of batteries in my camera - I was missing a lot of shots because my camera was slow and having trouble focusing.

- kay dee

8. DarthVader79

DarthVader79 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 16, 2001
    Cool pics, wish i could have been there. Quick question though, what was the deal with the ending? Could someone please explain that to me?

9. AnasianSkywalker

AnasianSkywalker Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 2, 2003
    Wow! What another great turn-out for the SFFF! And it had nothing to do with a Star Wars Movie. :D The same emotional roller-coaster I felt, after watching the last Act of ROTS, as well as the shocking fates of certain character's ala Serenity - The Movie.:eek: (Though I kind of knew it was coming.)

Wish some of you were able to make it to this show. Yeah that means you, "Pyro Steiner" and you, too "Stewie Xavier." [face_mischief] :D

For another cool link that [MAY HAVE SPOILERS] go to:

X-MEN ON MYSPACE

10. NivekSkywalker

NivekSkywalker Jedi Youngling star 2

May 21, 2006
    i'll definitely be there june 10th. yeah all the costumes were awesome! thanks again to u all for making me feel welcome to the group! have a fun and safe weekend guys!

11. JedHead1

Feb 20, 1999
    Do you mean the "ending" ending, or the "after-the credits" ending? ;)

12. DarthVader79

DarthVader79 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 16, 2001
    The after the credits ending duh!

13. Zero_has_lightsaber

Zero_has_lightsaber Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 25, 2005
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Onslaught_%28comics%29

14. Lord_Savage

Lord_Savage Jedi Youngling

Dec 13, 2005
    Hey everybody, last night was some loads of fun. I fully enjoyed the movie and the company! Everyone is so friendly. Love the pictures too!! I Look forward to seeing everyone again, maybe a meeting?(if it wasn't on a saturday haha)darn the costco wholesale!! after me and ashely got home last night we took pictures of our own too on my little celluar phone. [face_dancing]

15. Ms_Skywalker

Ms_Skywalker Jedi Knight star 3

Jun 17, 2005
    This movie surpassed my expectations. The only thing I don't agree with is Magneto abandoning Mystique so easily. I can see the comic book/TV series Magneto taking her in till they find a cure to reverse the transformation.

The phoenix saga is my favorite of the XMEN series. It was a childhood dream come true to see her powers manifested on screen ... so y'all know what I'll be for Halloween this year!!!!

16. kay_dee

Jun 15, 2002
    I finally watched x-men 2 last night on DVD. I honestly think X-men 3 was much better! I almost wonder if X-men 3 is getting a bad rap from some people because so many main characters are killed off. Perhaps for some it would be like Leia and Han getting killed in ROTJ. (I'd say that would have sucked).

I did think the Phoenix story was interesting, but my critical side wishes she spoke more, or something. I can't figure out why I felt her parts dragged at times.

- kay dee

17. Callisto_DAerisian

Callisto_DAerisian Jedi Knight star 2

May 26, 2005
    HEY GUYS! the movie was so good, i had to watch x1.5 and x2 again this weekend. too bad i gave away x1 because i would have liked to see the easter egg with spiderman. (D'OH!)

so sorry we had to jam afterwards, we had to take the little bro back to his momma!

totally sux cuz i forgot my camera that nite, and i didn't get to take pics of everyone :( i have to say tho, that jedizoe did an awesome job with her costume! you looked just like callisto, only prettier :)

does anyone know if there will be a fourth one? that would be kewlness. i thought famke did a gr8 job... hey just in case no one here knows (most trekkies would) a wee bit of trivia: famke jannsen and patrick stewart appeared together as star-crossed lovers in what other epic franchise? i'm sure this is well-known already!

18. Harlock415

Harlock415 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 21, 2003
    The episode was called "The Perfect Mate." Everybody fell for her in that episode because she reflected everyone's ideal mate. It was what she was designed for.

19. JedHead1

Feb 20, 1999
    When Jean was straddling (:p ) Logan in the mansion, it reminded me of Famke's role in GoldenEye, where she plays someone who kills men by crushing them with her thighs. =P~

20. Jedi_Tenken

Jedi_Tenken Jedi Master star 4

Aug 11, 2000

Actually in the original draft of ROTJ, Lando and the Falcon where suppose to be destroyed. Lucas changed his mind because he thought it would make the movie a downer when it should have been a celebration.

21. kay_dee

Jun 15, 2002
    ... and we all kind of know Harrison Ford was pushing Lucas to kill off Han too. Glad Lucas didn't cave on that. That would have been an even BIGGER downer.

22. JedHead1

Feb 20, 1999
    Now Jar Jar on the other hand...wait, going off-topic. Oops!

23. TionneHawk

TionneHawk Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 28, 2002
    I'm glad you all had a good time.
    [:D] for Matt
    and Dale...nice wings ;)
    I am hoping to see X3 later this week *fingers crossed*

24. JedHead1

Feb 20, 1999
    Don't forget to stay AFTER the credits, Bridg!

25. AnasianSkywalker

AnasianSkywalker Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 2, 2003
    Will the real Scott Summers please stand up? [face_mischief]

[image=http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b20/Anasian_Skywalker/Cycollage.jpg]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.