X3: The Last Stand - 5/26/06

Discussion in 'San Francisco, CA' started by JedHead1, Mar 6, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ms_Skywalker Force Ghost

star 3
    Hahahahahaha [face_laugh]
  2. JedHead1 Force Ghost

star 5
    Not sure if it's true or not, but I read that Natalie Portman was offered the role of Jubilee, and for some reason, turned it down (for Episode I maybe?). Now if that DID happen, maybe Jubilee would've had a bigger role, due with the success of Star Wars. [face_thinking]

And don't think Cyclops is gone. He will return next month....in Metropolis. ;)
  3. jedizoe Jedi Master

star 1
    [face_laugh] [face_laugh] Hey matt do you have the pics ready cause you need to put them up!! Hey could you send me some as well! [face_dancing] That night was sooo fun and goodtimes too!! I'm glad I got dressed up!! that will be my first costume ever!!!!
    And there will be more to come!
  4. JedHead1 Force Ghost

star 5
    Your costume was sooo good, Ash! We should all do it again for Halloween!
  5. jedizoe Jedi Master

star 1
    Hey Thanks MAtt!! So was yours!
    We should dress up like that for halloween!! WEll....isn't that what everybody dose that night:confused: [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_batting] :D
  6. DarthVader79 San Francisco FF Chapter Rep

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    I agree, ash looks dead on.
  7. ARASHI Jedi Knight

star 2
    hey Guys !!!! I put new pics in myspace & I include the X-men. I will send them to Katie as soon I can.
    Any plans soon?????
  8. AnasianSkywalker Force Ghost

star 3
    [image=http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b20/Anasian_Skywalker/Callistocollage.jpg]

Callisto Flockhart... :D

Wow Ash! Your hair is really quite long after straightening all the curls!
  9. jedizoe Jedi Master

star 1
    HAHAH if it only really was that long!! but hey thanks for the pic!!that awsome!!
    [:D] [face_dancing] :D [face_laugh] [face_batting]
  10. Jedi_Tenken Force Ghost

star 4

Ugh... no more puns... please. [face_sick]
  11. Harlock415 Jedi Master

star 4
    And puns are only funny if they are relavent. Plus, it's Callista Flockhart. Callisto is a figure from Greek myth and where the movie totally messes up the comic books again, she bares scars where she was once beautiful and wears an eyepatch. She was the leader of the Morlocks (a name from HG Well Time Machine, the monster that live underground) too.

On to the movie, I thought it was really really lame at some points, varied too much from what could have been a great story and hurt a lot of the character integrity. And once again, an X-Men movie homogenizes people's nationalities. Moira McTaggert sounds as American as they come, but she's as Scottish as Groundskeeper Willie. Collossus's name is Pyotr Rasputin and he's supposed to have a heavy Russian accent. And is it me or do the X-Men participate in nice PG-13 killing? That goes against what the X-Men are about. You can't convince me that all those minor characters from the Brotherhood were just wounded. And when did Wolvereine become leadership material? Also in Marvel continuity Phoenix and Cyclops eventually leave X-Men and form X-Factor. Guess that spin off is not going to happen. It felt like a 2 and a half hour movie cramed into a 1 hr 45 minute movie.

The good stuff. Famke Jenson is great. And her turn to her darker character is handled waaay better than Ep III. Ian McKellan and Patrick Stewart give great performances from their characters and it's great to see them on screen together. The Special Effects are first rate much of it done by Weta Digital.
  12. JedHead1 Force Ghost

star 5
    Sorry you feel that way, "Professor". How did you feel about the ending (after the credits)? That is, if you stayed that long, considering your review. Ming, in the EU wasn't Callisto involved with Luke Skywalker somehow?
  13. Harlock415 Jedi Master

star 4
    Don't get me wrong. I liked the movie, I didn't like a lot of directions it was headed towards. They dumbed down a lot of the complexities that made X-Men a great comic and I'm not even that great a comic reader. Yeah, I stuck around for after the credits. Not sure what they are going to do about it since they are spinnning off chracteres for their own movies. Young Magneto, Wolverine, and Emma Frost are all slated for their own spin off movies.
  14. TionneHawk Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I believe Callista had a little fling with Luke Skywalker. I forget which books though. She was trapped in a computer...or something? Maybe I'm making this up again.
  15. Jedi_Tenken Force Ghost

star 4

Yeah it was Callista who's spirit was trapped in the computer systems on the automated dreadnaught called The Eye of Palpatine. Callista freed herself and swapped places with an apprentice of Luke's named Cray (hot blonde with nice legs apparently according to Han) who then wanted to die with her husband on the Eye of Palpatine. Callista was a Jedi who's last mission was to disable the Eye of Palpatine which was supposed to seek out the hidding places of Jedi children and destroy them. Unfortunately Callista in Cray's body could no longer touch the Force, but in a strange twist she could tap the Darkside. Which was why Callista and Luke broke up and went seperate ways since Callista felt a need to go and find her place in the galaxy.
  16. jedizoe Jedi Master

star 1
    Ok so I think that I have told you all that I'm an Artist right????? well here is what I did with a picture that Josh took of me that night we all seen x3...

the Original poster of Callisto that Josh[face_love] found 4 me that night to draw the tatoos....

[image=http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h175/jedizoe/2006_x-men_3_wallpaper_009.jpg]

Heres my original picture that josh[face_love] took of me....

[image=http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h175/jedizoe/measC.jpg]

And last but not least my MOVIE POSTER!!!! (that I did in photoshop)

[image=http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h175/jedizoe/mymovieposter.jpg]

So what do you guys think?:confused:
  17. Lord_Savage Jedi Padawan

that is a really hot picture my jedi! I shall know this secret to the photoshop! [face_love] :*
  18. Jedi_Tenken Force Ghost

star 4
    Impressive... most impressive... :cool:
  19. DarthVader79 San Francisco FF Chapter Rep

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    Isn't that the girl from fat albert?
  20. jedizoe Jedi Master

star 1
    umm:confused: ....I really don't know cause I haven't seent that movie but if you say that she is then I'm guessing that she is.
  21. jedizoe Jedi Master

star 1
    Yes you shall know the ways of the photoshop!! learn you will, the force of photoshop that is!![face_laugh] [face_love] =P~ :*
  22. ARASHI Jedi Knight

star 2
    The past weekend I was kinda lazy so I rent X-men. I haven't see it since the first day.
    I really like it. I got the 1.5 version & the add scene is good. Includes a short scene with
    Jubilee. I didn't know they mention her in the movie also Pyro is completly different from
    X-2. Honestly I like more X-men & X2. X-3 was fun but not as deep in characters like in the
    previous ones. Anyway I just hope that the Wolverine movies are going to be direct by Singer
    and not the guy from X-3.
  23. JedHead1 Force Ghost

star 5
    Quick! I think I hit the guy sweeping the lobby!

[image=http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e385/JedHead1/cyclopsblast.jpg]

Thanks to DV79 for the FX!
  24. DarthVader79 San Francisco FF Chapter Rep

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    I checked and, yes that is the girl from Fat Albert. I'll never forget that accent. I think its dominican or something.
  25. Ms_Skywalker Force Ghost

star 3
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.