main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

X3 (X-men 3) Discussion Thread - Spoilers Allowed

Discussion in 'Archive: SF&F: Films and Television' started by Tabula Rasa, Jan 20, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tabula Rasa

Tabula Rasa Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 8, 1998
    It's not at the top of my list for the comic book genre this year, but I'm definitely looking forward to this movie. The teaser trailer looked alright. Seeing the fast ball special in action did a lot for me personally, so did seeing Kelsey Grammer as Beast, who I think looks fantastic. Seeing Famke Jansen's fine bum was a plus as well.

I'm still worried about to what extent the director problems the project had to deal with from day one will end up affecting the movie though. My faith in the project is based primarily on the rock-solid characters as Singer delivered them to us in the last two movies. I'm looking forward to seeing what happens with Phoenix most of all, it'll be interesting to see how they handle that storie-arch in the movie. And of course Logan, who will have his own spinoff movie after this one.

[image=http://jc.oaxz.com/x3.jpg]

2. Everton

Everton Chosen One star 10

Jul 18, 2003
    I look at the Beast and I have to look really hard to see old Frasier Crane in there. He looks great.

3. HL&S

HL&S Magistrate Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 30, 2001
    I have always preferred X-Men to Spiderman, Batman, and Superman. So the movie franchise is very dear to me. I went into X-Men thinking it was going to suck based on what I saw in the trailer. But when I walked out, it was one of my favorite movies.

Bryan Singer really did a great job with the first two films as they both lived up to my expectations and more. But this third film has me worried. A rushed release date to beat Superman Returns, a new director with a track record I don't admire, yet another composer who I don't think even cracks the top 100 film composers of all time, no Nightcrawler, and the very weak death of Cyclops at the start of the film.

4. ObiWanCon

ObiWanCon Jedi Master star 4

Apr 15, 2004
    I'm looking forward to it but like you guys I have my worries with Brian Singer leaving then Mathew Vaughn jumping ship and now Ratner who hasn't got the greatest CV and apparently Patrick Stewart dieing well it's just not on really I'm more looking forward to Superman Returns because when I was a kid X-Men, Spider-Man and other marvel heroes I'd never heard of but I loved Batman and Superman so to have had the best Batman movie last year and Superman returning this year is a dream come true but I am worried about Superman Returns not as much as a year ago but there's still a couple of things I'm not sure about and I?ve got a feeling the movie is going to piss all over Smallville which I hope doesn?t happen but we'll see.

5. DARTH_GOLLUMSMEAGOL

DARTH_GOLLUMSMEAGOL Jedi Master star 5

Sep 20, 2003
    SHWEET

Some nice pics and it looks like there is going o be at least five X-Men movies!!

6. Jedi_Master_Conor

Jedi_Master_Conor Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 24, 2005
    why do people say this movie is being rushed to beat Superman Returns? the release date of 5/26/06 was set on 3/23/05 well over a year before the release. i don't think it is being rushed. people will say they are rushing the special effects to. i disagree w/ this bc if u think about it they started filming back in august and ended in december. u figure that they'll finish the movie completely about the 3rd or last week of april. considering this movie has less special and visual effects then a movie like Revenge of the Sith 4-5 months of working on the special effects isn't rushing considering the number of effects they have compared to other movies.

other than that i'm really excited about this movie. I love the look of Beast and can't wait to here the voice of kelsey grammar go along w/ the body and to see Juggernaut in action. :cool:

7. Jedi_Master_Conor

May 24, 2005
    new pictures of Jean Grey/Dark Phoenix

http://www.superherohype.com/news/x-mennews.php?id=3790

8. Liesl

Liesl Jedi Master star 4

May 31, 2005
    I love the X-Men movies. They got me into the actual comics and novels.

With the departure of Singer as director, I'm a bit wary about how the movie will play out. I'm not so sure about the story, either. Even with my doubts, I'm want to see X3 opening day.

9. Honor_And_Liberty

Honor_And_Liberty Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 1, 2005
    Ah, the X3SA. :p

I have some strong reservations for this movie, mainly because I don't think Dark Phoenix is going to be represented sufficiently in this film at all, but I'll keep an open and hopeful mind.

I forget. Has there been any recent evidence or confirmation of Sentinels?

10. Jedi_Master_Conor

May 24, 2005
    if you see the teaser trailer there's a part where u see laser blasts in the background w/ the burning buildings w/ Wolverine, Storm, Collossus, Iceman, Rogue, and Shadowcat. that is supposed to be the danger room training sequence and supposedly we see the sentinels there

11. Tabula Rasa

Jul 8, 1998
    Where exactly? I don't see a thing, just a list of links, none of which lead to Jean pics.

12. Jedi_Master_Conor

May 24, 2005
    damn. i think the pics were taken down:(

13. Everton

Everton Chosen One star 10

Jul 18, 2003
    I happened across these pics on AICN. Maybe they are the ones you referenced?

14. Obiyodawinduvader

Obiyodawinduvader Jedi Master star 4

Apr 15, 2005
    Wait so they're killing off Cyclops? When did that ever happen?

Obiy

15. Jedi_Master_Conor

May 24, 2005
    yep. those are the ones

16. Radical_Edward

Radical_Edward Jedi Youngling star 3

May 2, 2002
    I was extremely excited about this film, until I read that early review of the film on the web site with the Phoenix pics. It might have been a fake, but I don't think so, given what we know about the movie so far. All in all, it looks like a royally terrible conclusion to the X-trilogy, and I hope that they don't try to make 4 or 5 after the travesty that this is turning into.

Why, Singer, why did you have to leave? :_|

17. Tabula Rasa

Jul 8, 1998
    Those pics are sweet. She looks great.

I haven't been keeping up with the full length reports, like the one on AICN. I don't mind being spoiled, but reading up on every little detail isn't my thing. I heard about Cyclops being offed fairly early in the movie, but I've also heard that the funeral shots are for Jean, and that Cyclops just takes a hike for a while. If they are indeed planning to make two more after this, I doubt they'll get rid of the character in any permanent way just yet.

18. Radical_Edward

May 2, 2002
    After reviewing the trailer (and, no doubt, causing a bit of scarring on my retnas) it doesn't look like the funeral shots are for Jean or Scott. I'll leave it at that, but I got a very good idea about who the funeral was for back when the trailer was first released and I was still unspoiled, and it looks like I might be right :(

Ah, well, I'll still be in line on opening day.

19. Liesl

Liesl Jedi Master star 4

May 31, 2005
    I just saw the pics of Phoenix - I think they look great. :)

20. DarthPhelps

DarthPhelps Jedi Master star 5

Jan 31, 2002
    *raises hand*

Another fan of the X-films here!

Great new pics! I do sincerely hope that the deaths are for the most part just rumors or intentionally-faked leaks, or perhaps misunderstandings. They may feel that offing core characters makes for great drama, but it smells of desperation to generate a decent story.

That said ? I?m really looking forward to the next film. The trailer is great.

21. RolandofGilead

RolandofGilead Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 17, 2001
    I guess I'm the only one who thinks that Kelsey Grammer as Beast just proves that some comic characters do not translate well into the real world. That being said, those shots of Angel are just excellent. Ordinarilly I'd be all over this film. The first was good, but the second really got Logan's character right. I just don't know if this third director can do the film justice the way Singer could.

22. rhonderoo

rhonderoo Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 7, 2002
    I'm going to miss Singer, also. So are the spoilers saying it Scott that dies or Jean? And if it's Jean, could it be the funeral from her first "death"? She died and came back in the comics several times, though, right?

23. RolandofGilead

RolandofGilead Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 17, 2001
    If I had to venture a guess, I'd say it's about time they killed Professor Xavier off in the story.

24. Radical_Edward

May 2, 2002
    I think that you've hit the nail right on the nose. I've always been opposed to this idea, and other similar plot developments across the various franchises of the universe. It seems like one enormous cop-out and a horrible weakening of the entire series. Whenever the directors of a storyline feel the need to develop in this direction, it typically is an indication that they're running on empty and feel the need to jump the shark while shooting themselves in the foot.

25. darth_paul

darth_paul Jedi Master star 5

Apr 24, 2000
    See, that is the one bit of info that has me quaking in my boots about this movie. If it's true, then for me, the series dies with it. I just can't see it without him. Any other character is expendable, but that loss doesn't allow any possibility for continuation for me.

-Paul

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.