main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

X3 (X-men 3) Discussion Thread - Spoilers Allowed

Discussion in 'Archive: SF&F: Films and Television' started by Tabula Rasa, Jan 20, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Liesl

Liesl Jedi Master star 4

May 31, 2005
    I think it makes sense that the funeral scene could be for Jean (if X3 takes place directly after X2...but Jean's hair grew an awful lot - unless that's something the Phoenix Force does).
    As much as I hate to admit it, I think Scott is going to die. James Marsden is also in Singer's Superman, so it would make sense due to time contraints.

2. Jedi_Master_Conor

Jedi_Master_Conor Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 24, 2005
    http://www.thexverse.com/news/0230.shtml

looks like the title is X-Men: The Last Stand

i just hope this isn't the final movie

3. Jedi_Master_Conor

May 24, 2005
    new picture

[image=http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d76/jedimasterronoc/x3.jpg]

4. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
    I like the title. If X3 turns out to be as good as the first two then I hope it's not the last, but at the same time if they stop there I'll be satisfied with a great trilogy.

5. Talon_Kenobi

Talon_Kenobi Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2003
    There is a heavy spoiler review at AICN that tells pretty much everything that "happens"

I will say who dies, since this is a spoiler allowed, but I am giving warning anyway

Cyclops
    Professor X
    Mystique
    Also apparently it isn't as good as the others, but this reviewer may not be real or just not like movies, since I think he said that he didn't like x2

6. Jedi_Master_Conor

May 24, 2005
    i don't take AICN as a reliable source

7. Sn4tcH

Sn4tcH Jedi Master star 4

Oct 22, 2004
    QFT

AICN is bought and paid for. I never listen to anything that shows up there.

8. DARTH_GOLLUMSMEAGOL

DARTH_GOLLUMSMEAGOL Jedi Master star 5

Sep 20, 2003
    Intersting thig is I heard that too, though I don't remember the source, oh well

9. Jedi_Master_Conor

May 24, 2005
    i could see them killing off cyclops given how he was portrayed in the teaser trailer. i'm not sure about Professor Xavier though.

10. DARTH_GOLLUMSMEAGOL

Sep 20, 2003
    I would be willing to bet that the funeral we see in the prof's funeral

11. Jedi_Master_Conor

May 24, 2005
    i'm thinking it might be from the beginning like a funeral for Jean Grey. just bc we dont see the professor there in the trailer doesn't mean he rolls in at a certain point

12. Darth-Lando

Darth-Lando Jedi Grand Master star 6

Aug 12, 2002
    Yeah it seems like an awfully big give away to show up in the first trailer.

13. RolandofGilead

RolandofGilead Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 17, 2001
    Jean's funeral would have a more emotional impact for sure. Although the way they ended X2 it seemed like Xavier knew she had survived somehow.

14. Everton

Everton Chosen One star 10

Jul 18, 2003
    Sorry couldn't resist:

[image=http://www.foxwelldrive.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/listening.jpg]

:p

15. Jedi_Master_Conor

May 24, 2005

only you everton would do that :p

16. Yodaminch

Yodaminch Chosen One star 6

Mar 6, 2002
    Add me to the list of people who hope all the deaths are lies or intensely false reports.

Particulary the rumored death of xavier and magneto. I won't be happy if the other ones die, but I'd live.
    Kill magneto and xavier and you remove two of the best actors in the series as well as destroy the basic
    foundation of the x-men storyline which has always essentially been xavier vs magneto in some way or another.
    I can buy magneto, but I hope he flees to live to fight another day. But Xavier is unnacceptable. This character,
    in my opinion has not been shown to be the most powerful telepath at all. In the first one mystique knocks him
    out in the last half of the movie. Which is fine since it allowed the X-men to work on their own and was necessary
    to the plot. But the next one he's captured right in the beginning and brainwashed by some science project and given
    a neat little head band. Sorry but I could have seen much better uses for Xavier then using him as a way to kill everyone.
    But I'll accept this since it worked pretty well. What I will not accept is his death. This character needs to survive
    and actually participate and walk away from a battle this time. Otherwise he should have just been offed in X1. And
    since the professor has always been my favorite character, I am sick of him getting beat up. Let's see the X-men actually
    fight as a team and succeed this time. I see no need for deaths. I think killing off sabertooth and to a lesser extent toad
    and kelly in x1 was a mistake. I hope the writers don't repeat that mistake and end up destroying any future movies. I personally
    would love to see a 4 and 5 with sentinels and apocalypse with xavier and magneto banding together to take out apocalypse. :)

17. Jedi_Master_Conor

May 24, 2005
    we both have the same view on that. although rumor is that we will see the sentinels in the danger room training sequence in X3

18. DARTH_GOLLUMSMEAGOL

Sep 20, 2003
    you can see the sentinal lasers in the trailer

19. RolandofGilead

RolandofGilead Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 17, 2001
    I'd just like to see the characters in some semblence of the costumes from the comics. Nothing too crazy, but putting them all in black (Matrix [face_sick] ) Leather outfits makes about as much sense as putting Superman in high heels and a leotard.

20. Darth-Lando

Darth-Lando Jedi Grand Master star 6

Aug 12, 2002
    People always say this but if you look at a lot of the recent books (New X-Men, X-Treme X-Men, Ultimate X-Men), they wear...BLACK LEATHER! The original costumes would NOT transfer well to the big screen. Spider-Man works because he is one character, no one to clash with stylewise. Fantastic Four work because they all essentially wear the same thing. But every character in X-Men had their own unique flava back in the day. It would not work well on screen. Besides, Ultimate X-Men (while not part of the regular 616 universe) expains the black leather by saying it doubles as kevlar body armor and makes their DNA profile appear as human to Sentinels.

21. weezer

weezer Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 16, 2001
    You're kind of putting the cart before the horse there. The reason they were wearing leather in those books is because they were wearing leather in the movie. Either way I've got to agree that the comic costumes would look really bad on screen (you gotta love the dig about them in the first movie). X3 looks like they are getting slightly more comicy. Every comic has had major changes to make it work on screen.

22. Penguinator

Penguinator Former Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 23, 2005
    First item: Does anyone have a quicktime 6 version of the trailer? I can't get QT 7.

Second item:

Prof. X: Cyclops, assemble an away team!

Cyclops: Yes sir.

Beast: Professor X, I can fix the engines on the Blackbird.

Prof. X: Make it so.

23. Sn4tcH

Sn4tcH Jedi Master star 4

Oct 22, 2004
    Beast: Sir, the Blackbird is taking serious damage from the Bor... Brotherhood of Mutants.

Prof. X: Engage.

24. Dingo

Dingo Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 23, 2001
    Except that you have Moira MacTaggert at the end of the line there in the seats, not to mention Beast being there, lending evidence that it is someone who has a stronger pull in the movie, and/or later on in the movie.

25. DarthPhelps

DarthPhelps Jedi Master star 5

Jan 31, 2002
    MacTaggert is there to comfort Charles in his time of grief. [face_love]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.