main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

X3 (X-men 3) Discussion Thread - Spoilers Allowed

Discussion in 'Archive: SF&F: Films and Television' started by Tabula Rasa, Jan 20, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    >>and they had best not recast hime, or anyone for that matter.<<

Someone should have told that to poor Shadowcat, Jubilee and Pyro ;)

2. ObiGeezKenobi

ObiGeezKenobi Jedi Youngling

Aug 23, 2006
    Who are you referring to?

Anyway....thanks for the Easter Egg tips...I found them. The Beast thing was a bit over the top. If he'd been closer to them, maybe a cameo in the last film (other than the tv shot) to establish that he DID that sort of thing from time to time, it would've been cool to see that in the movie. But by itself, it was fine...I'm just happy they deleted it. The jet scene looks cool. Underwhelmed.

3. Leto II

Leto II Jedi Padawan star 6

Jan 23, 2000
    Ratner: Okay Patrick, I want you to get in the chair and roll on into Cyclops's room. He's going to be in the shower singing "Eyes Without a Face," unaware that you can hear him. This scene will blow the roof off that first focus-group screening.

Stewart: Well Brett, that's not really funny, and it's not in the script.

Ratner: Script?? You sound just like Keitel when I did Red Dragon, always harping about "scripts"! Do you think Ratner had a script when I made Money Talks? The closest thing to a script Ratner used on that shoot was a synopsis of 48 Hrs. I clipped out of TV Guide. Now get in the damn chair, before I call Woody Harrelson and tell him to shave his head!

4. JediPrettyBoy

JediPrettyBoy Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 10, 2005
    I remember how some people have posted, in the past, that Wolverine is such and overrated character. I used to think the same. However, after seeing the end of X3 a few times now, I realize that you can read all the minds you want; you can lift all the metal you want; you can even scatter all the atoms you want, but nothing beats a body that regenerates on its own making things like your age impossible to determine. Virtual indestructability is REAL power.

5. OBI-BEN-KENOBI

OBI-BEN-KENOBI Jedi Knight star 6

Mar 13, 2004
    Virtual what?
    [image=http://comicsmedia.ign.com/comics/image/article/667/667856/ultimate-wolverine-vs-hulk-20051117010529051-000.jpg]

6. Darth-Lando

Darth-Lando Jedi Grand Master star 6

Aug 12, 2002
    It's OK, he pulls himself together after that. :p

Not that we'd know, since Ultimate Wolverine vs Hulk #3 has been delayed since April and is currently secheduled for a Dec. 27, release.

7. RolandofGilead

RolandofGilead Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 17, 2001
    I loved it when the Punisher blew Logan's face off with a shot gun and then later ran him over with a steam roller.

8. Jedi_Master_Conor

Jedi_Master_Conor Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 24, 2005

i can just see that happening on a movie screen. definately a nice R rating it would get. :p

9. JediPrettyBoy

JediPrettyBoy Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 10, 2005
    That's why I said "virtual". The Hulk would have even less trouble approaching Phoenix. I was merely indicating that Wolverine is not as overrated as some may have thought at one time; including myself.

Correct. A scene like that would probably give any picture an "R" rating. Looks like something from the Mortal Kombat games or Kill Bill.

10. Whitey

Whitey Jedi Master star 6

Jan 26, 2003
    So, I was just thinking of buying the DVD at Wal-Mart, then I come on here and read about missing deleted scenes and talk of a future extended edition.

Oh, what do I do, what do I do?

11. DarthSapient

DarthSapient Jedi Youngling star 10

Jun 26, 2001
    Well, I FINALLY saw X-Men 3. Before kids, I'd have seen these the week of release. ;)

I thought it was really good though I was suprised by who was given the cure. Clearly the door's open at the end for something based on Magneto at the old folk's home. I'm not sure where the series could really go. Maybe a Wolverine thing as some have said.

12. Darth-Lando

Aug 12, 2002
    The Wolverine movie has a script and is currently shopping for directors. Hugh Jackman has said they will be filming next year.

13. DarthSapient

DarthSapient Jedi Youngling star 10

Jun 26, 2001
    See how far behind I am on that one? That's cool, though. Maybe this time he'll come to his senses and wear the yellow spandex.

14. Juliet316

Juliet316 Chosen One star 10

Apr 27, 2005
    A movie on Magneto's life with McKellan and possibly another actor playing a younger Magneto in some parts is also in the works.

15. Darth-Lando

Aug 12, 2002
    Article on imdb about Gambit and X4.

Lost star Josh Holloway is being tipped to star in the next X-Men movie as fan favorite Gambit. Holloway, who plays Sawyer on the hit TV show, was set to star as Gambit in X-Men: The Last Stand but pulled out because of TV commitments. But it's reported the model/actor will star in the next installment, which will not feature many of the film's original stars, including Hugh Jackman, Sir Ian McKellen and Halle Berry. The film's producer Lauren Shuler Donner tells Moviehole, "Remember in Lost? There was a guy in there that was the perfect Gambit, the guy with the straight hair, good-looking, the bad boy? Sawyer. The reason we didn't use Gambit was because in a sense his persona is a bit like Wolverine in that he's got attitude and his power is not quite as exciting as the others. That's why we went to Nightcrawler on 2 because he looked different than everybody else and he had a great power. So yes, I think we would weave Gambit within our story, (but) it wouldn't be The Gambit Movie." Gambit possesses the ability to charge objects with energy, causing them to explode.

I had originally heard that Holloway didn't want to do it because he felt that Gambit's character was too similar to Sawyer's and he didn't want to wind up getting type-casted.

16. Juliet316

Juliet316 Chosen One star 10

Apr 27, 2005
    A) I thought they said there wasn't going to be an X4 and B) why would you trust IMDB which is totally unreliable when it comes to upcoming movie info?

17. Darth-Lando

Aug 12, 2002
    A)Although there has been no official announcement Lauren Shuler Donner has said there will be an X4. After the financial sucess of X3, Fox would be stupid not to make one.

B) It's from the news section. It's not like it's fanboy dreams from one of the boards.

18. NJOfan215

NJOfan215 Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 17, 2003
    I heard that they were making a 4 as well. The x men universe is so large, i think there is definitely enough material for another movie.

19. WolverineOfTheORS

WolverineOfTheORS Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 11, 2006
    X-Men 4? I'm interested. [face_thinking]

I thought they packed it in and went their seperate ways? Wolverine and Magneto are both making spine-off's, right? If X4 goes ahead, I'll be very, very surprised. :eek:

20. AnakinGirl05

AnakinGirl05 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 1, 2005
    Hehe, yeah I'd like to see Hugh in the yellow spandex...

But anyway! I was aware of the Wolverine movie, but not of the Magneto one, that could be great, it should be great. I would love to see an X4 as well, and I don't see why we wouldn't even with the others being shopped around now, it is limitless as to stories, plotlines, interest, etc.

Intersting that in an interview I read in Premiere magazine with Hugh Jackman he said that he wanted Wolverine to have more of an indie feel to it. I thought that was odd at first, but then thought it would be great to have this sort of gritty backstory to Logan/Wolverine, and now am hoping for just that.

21. WolverineOfTheORS

Nov 11, 2006
    The Wolverine spin-off will indeed be about his backstory and origins. That's why Willaim Stryker is going to appear in the film. I assume it will show how Wolverine developed his claws in more detail. We see glimpses in X2, but nothing detailed. The Magneto spin-off will probably be about him and his rise to power. How he differed from every other mutant, how he fell to the thought of greed. Because Xavier and Magneto were both very good friends, so we should see how their friendship fell apart.

22. AnakinGirl05

AnakinGirl05 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 1, 2005
    I am looking forward to that part about Xavier and Magneto and how they went their own ways, on different paths, one towards the proverbial good and one towards the proverbial bad. I think they have an interesting dynamnic and thought it was one of the best parts of X3 when Magneto had to watch Xavier die, and then when Fireball there (what is his real name, I forget sorry) sort of puts down the memory of Xavier, I love what Magneto says. Definitely should be good to see that back story as well as Wolverine's and any more about him and Stryker.

23. WolverineOfTheORS

Nov 11, 2006
    "Charles Xavier did more for mutants than you could ever know. My deepest regret is that he had to die for our dream to live on." ~ Magneto

A nice quote, which shows how close they once were. His names Pyro, BTW. ;)

24. PadmeLeiaJaina

PadmeLeiaJaina Force Ghost star 6

May 23, 2002
    So if Halle Berry won't be returning for X4 since she was set up as the new Head School Mistress, can we reasonably expect that they might bring Emma Frost in for the new generation X4?

I totally think that it could work by using our pre-existing younger cast members/characters (Rogue, Iceman, Pyro) and have them take charge of the team (and become new bad enemies) and then bring in new characters: Gambit, Jubilee, Polaris, really beef up Kitty Pryde and some of the other background characters from the first films, like Colossus =P~

25. Yodaminch

Yodaminch Chosen One star 6

Mar 6, 2002
    Or it could be as terrible as:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Generation_X_%28film%29

I'd prefer Beast to take over if it had to come to that until Xavier walks back in. And perhaps they can ressurrect Scott and Jean. Would be interesting to see an X-Men movie without Halle Berry or Hugh Jackman. The other characters would actually have better screen time. ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.