main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

X3 (X-men 3) Discussion Thread - Spoilers Allowed

Discussion in 'Archive: SF&F: Films and Television' started by Tabula Rasa, Jan 20, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth-Lando

Darth-Lando Jedi Grand Master star 6

Aug 12, 2002
    It's in everyone's best interest that the Generation X movie isn't mentioned. I think a logical inclusion in a new X-Men movie would be Havok. He's been around for a long time, one of the first additions to the original team. Plus, he's Scott's brother so they already have a connection for him.

2. DarthPhelps

DarthPhelps Jedi Master star 5

Jan 31, 2002
    Good call. I agree with that.

3. darth_paul

darth_paul Jedi Master star 5

Apr 24, 2000
    I finally watched this film tonight. It wasn't as bad as I was afraid it would be; in fact, it had a lot going for it in some respects. I am still bitterly disappointed not to get to see where Singer was planning to go with the story, though. After the gem that was X2, I think that would have been something to see. As is, this was perfectly adequate, and did a fine job capping off the trilogy. It included some very neat things, and some very upsetting things. I can't say it was brilliant, however. Oh, and the pacing was all off. A lot of dramatic potential lost that way.

Also, I'm sure this has been discussed to death so I may go through and look at some of what's been said later, but I'm mad confused about both the ending and the post-credits scene.

-Paul

4. JediPrettyBoy

JediPrettyBoy Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 10, 2005
  5. JediPrettyBoy

JediPrettyBoy Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 10, 2005
    Yeah, Ratner doing X-men 3 is not a tragedy like Lester doing Superman III. Ratner doing X-men 3 is more like Donner handing off a third Superman movie to someone he trusts to, at least, do a decent to good job on the film. X2 is still the best, but, I agree that even if they do no make anymore X-men films, they have sufficiently wrapped up the story in a satisfying way as far as I am concerned. It's time for Marvel to move on to other things like improving the story and redeeming it in the sequel for a group of four superheroes who, at this time, shall remain nameless.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.