main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

X3 (X-men 3) Discussion Thread - Spoilers Allowed

Discussion in 'Archive: SF&F: Films and Television' started by Tabula Rasa, Jan 20, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Moleman1138

Moleman1138 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 18, 2004
    I know, but it's better to keep it under wraps. Pretty hard with all the net and everything. But so far nothing. :D

2. Jedi_Master_Conor

Jedi_Master_Conor Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 24, 2005
    that's actually good. i'm really bad when it comes to spoilers. this will be the first thing in a long time that i won't be spoiled on. granted that a summary doesn't appear between now and monday night:p

3. Moleman1138

Aug 18, 2004
    Comingsoon.Net has a new plot synopsis, but that's about it. Doesn't really delve into spoilers that much.

I hope with the new trailer, they show more of the new characters than the old. If it's just X, Wolverine, Jean Grey and Storm it'll be boring. Give me Beast, Angel and Juggernaut more in the trailer.

4. Jedi_Master_Conor

May 24, 2005
    yeah. it'd be cool to see a shot of juggernaut in action like smashing through some walls or angel flying and fighting

5. DVeditor

DVeditor Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 21, 2001
    I really hope they include a lot of extra characters in this one - by the look of the trailer we get to see a lot more than just the standard assortment of mutants but I'm hoping for some crazy twists here and there. ;)

6. Jadie

Jadie Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 9, 2005
    I don't have Fox here... :(

But maybe the trailer will be available for download. :)

Oh yes! I'm dying to see what kind of special effects they have developed for the Phoenix! Until now we've only seen Jean... I hope there are some images of her among the flames and everything. :D

[image=http://www.newsarama.com/Marvel/Endsong/Phoenix01__col.jpg]
    I love this pic. ;)

7. Jedi_Master_Conor

May 24, 2005
    it'd be nice to see some special effects shots of Jean Grey/Phoenix in action in the trailer on monday

8. weezer

weezer Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 16, 2001
    Nice to see (IMO) that they've confirmed this as the last x-men movie.

9. Jedi_Master_Conor

May 24, 2005
    honestly i'd think a 2nd trilogy with the main villain being Apocalypse would be great

10. FatBurt

FatBurt Sex Scarecrow Vanquisher star 6

Jul 21, 2003
    I could happily go for a third trilogy looking at Apocolypse.

I want to se proper sentinels as well [image=http://marvel1.scanz.tripod.com/image-marvel/marvel/Marvel1995Fleer_Sentinel.jpg]

11. weezer

May 16, 2001
    Get while the gettings good I say.

They're going to do the spinoffs and I'm sure the door is open for another set of movies at anytime but I say let the cast you've got go out on a (relatively) high note and start again later if you want.

Its not the worst thing that can happen to a franchise but mixing and matching cast and crew usually doesn't end well.

12. Jedi_Master_Conor

May 24, 2005
    i would think that if they go into another trilogy they would try to keep as many of the casts from the 1st 3 movies as possible

13. Queen_Pixie

Queen_Pixie Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 20, 1999
    The only character I wouldn't want re-cast in another trilogy would be Xavier. I truly can't see anyone else but Stewart playing him.

Okay, bear with me, I hadn't watched X2 in awhile before today. Now..why is "The once and Future king" mentioned, or shown so many times? I've never read the book, but is there something in the plot of that book that (possibly)plays along with X3?

14. Jedi_Master_Conor

May 24, 2005
    i doubt it plays a big role in X3

15. weezer

May 16, 2001
    Its always had a tie to X-men.

Even in the comics its mentioned as Xavier's favorite book.

Its sometimes seen as a commentary on how mankind should govern itself. Both characters using the book illustrates that while they have the same ultimate goal they have very different ideas of how to get there.

It will tie into X3 but just in the general way that its always tied into X-men.

16. Jedi_Master_Conor

May 24, 2005
    current word is that the trailer will air at 9:36 PM Eastern Time during 24 tonight

17. Darth-Lando

Darth-Lando Jedi Grand Master star 6

Aug 12, 2002
    9:36 you say? Wow, I guess they plan on angering everyone who planned on tuning into Fox at 9:55. Thanks for the info, although since I'm on the west coast I'll probobly be able to see it online at 6:36. :D

18. Yodaminch

Yodaminch Chosen One star 6

Mar 6, 2002
    Nice trailer. Seeing Beast in action. Lots of Jean and Logan talk. And establishing that Bobby, Rogue etc aren't kids anymore. Seeing angel fly, talk of leech. Juggernaut and Shadowcat looks great. Can't wait til the 26th.

19. ImperialMarchFace

ImperialMarchFace Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 13, 2002
    Let me be the first to say...THAT TRAILER RULES!

20. Moleman1138

Aug 18, 2004
    Let me be the first say that rules is an understatement. :D This just blew away X2.

21. weezer

May 16, 2001
    Its on the offical site if anyone was worried about missing it.

Edit: Orlin :confused:

22. -Phoenix-

-Phoenix- Jedi Master star 5

Oct 21, 2005
    Wait a minute. I'm on central time, and it's 10:26. Did I miss the trailer? Because the site won't let me watch it because of Quicktime but it also won't let me download the better version of it.

23. Radical_Edward

Radical_Edward Jedi Youngling star 3

May 2, 2002
    I've got to say, I'm really not that impressed. X2 seemed like it would be a much better film at this stage. You might not be able to judge a book by its cover, but it's not nearly so hard to judge a film by its trailer.

24. weezer

May 16, 2001
    I wouldn't disagree with that.

I found it kind of, eh.

Nothing that blew me away, nothing that looked terrible. There were some really good parts and some impressive shots (I really liked cyc without the visor) but I can't say it was the best thing I've ever seen in my life.

Looks like it will do the series as a whole justice though and that was my main concern.

Plus Berry was looking hawt (I like the touch of blue showing up in the costumes too).

25. Jedi_Master_Conor

May 24, 2005
    anyone know how to get a direct link to the trailer so i could save it straight to my computer?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.