main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF:QLD X3

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by sith star, Mar 17, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sith star

sith star Jedi Padawan star 4

May 29, 2000
    just saw the clip for X men 3 (the last stand) on yahoo and it looks friggin Xcellent cant wait for this one [face_dancing]

and looks like beast is in it finally

2. BigBossNass1138

BigBossNass1138 Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 13, 2002
    The new trailer. Very cool. If you've got Quicktime 7 and the bandwidth to spare, check out the High Definition version(s). Damn cool.

3. RoGuE_StreaK

RoGuE_StreaK Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 24, 2005
    Hmm, clips seem to be broken at the moment.

4. morgan-aleghieri

morgan-aleghieri Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 18, 2006
    Yeah, the Beast is being played by Kelsey Grammar (ie. Frasier). I thought at first that Kelsey Grammar was a weird choice for an X-Men movie, but then I remembered what kind of character Beast is.

X-Men 3 is going to be awesome.

5. sith star

May 29, 2000
    shing shing shing

6. HappyBob

HappyBob Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 7, 2002
    I see what you did there!

7. GoobaFish

GoobaFish Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 15, 2002
    Should be good! Personally, I'd like to see more of Cyclops, although I know how popular Wolverine is. Cyclops got more focus in the animated series iirc.

So what'll be the go with Jean Grey? Phoenix?

8. sith star

May 29, 2000
    probly have troubles with the new power on different levels but when its needed she wil harness the power to some great level never seen before
    who the heck knows [face_thinking]

9. BigBossNass1138

Mar 13, 2002
    So what'll be the go with Jean Grey? Phoenix?

Yup. I mean, she's come back to life and all. And after that final shot of X2, what else could they do?

10. sith star

May 29, 2000
    from the ashs and all that crud right ?

11. BigBossNass1138

Mar 13, 2002
    from the ashs and all that crud right ?

Umm... Not sure what you're on about there. I'm talking about the final shot of X2, the so-called Wrath of Kahn ending, with Jean narrating the voiceover, and the breif shot of a bird-like something underneath the water. Then there's all the flame/phoenix imagery asociated with her all through the movie. Then add the whole 'coming back to life with super-mega powers' thing, and it's a pretty solid bet that she's Phoenix now.

12. JOHNNAGE_THE_BRAVE

JOHNNAGE_THE_BRAVE Jedi Padawan star 4

May 23, 2005
    I'm kinda scared. With Director Brett "Rush Hour" Ratner directing.

However you could also call him Brett "Red Dragon" Ratner, so it might be alright!

13. morgan-aleghieri

Mar 18, 2006
    I know not the director nor the quality of work that comes from them - All I know is that the trailer I saw looked fantastic and that I can't wait to see the movie. :D

14. Luke_Sparkewalker

Luke_Sparkewalker Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 23, 2001
    yeah, cant wait to see this either:D

15. sith star

May 29, 2000
    well you are just going to wait arnt you

16. morgan-aleghieri

Mar 18, 2006
    Never! I shall invent a time machine and jet to the future - in effect puncturing the space-time continuum when I inevitably run into my future self noooooes ~screams in anguish~

I guess I'll wait.

17. Luke_Sparkewalker

Oct 23, 2001
    :-B I have visited the future and the answer is - Yes. the movie will be good :-B

18. morgan-aleghieri

Mar 18, 2006
    huzzah! ~waving of banners and flags~

and they were forced to eat Robin's minstrels.
    and there was much rejoicement. ~hurrah, waves flags~

19. NeecH

NeecH Jedi Master star 4

Feb 14, 2003
    Nothing wrong with the Rush Hour movies - good cheap entertainment! ;)

If there's a problem with X3, it'll be that Ratner was actually the 2nd Director onboard after the first guy left/got fired (not sure which) and that 20th Century Fox is rushing the movie to get out and compete with Superman Returns. Ratner may not have the time to fix what the first guy apparently ***ked up.

20. CCD

CCD Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 1, 2002
    Internet ppl, most notably talkbackers on AICN have been bagging Ratner for years, I don't know why. Rush Hour was fine, and Red Dragon (presumably an example of his serious work) was excellent (helped by a fantastic cast - like X3).

The trailer looks drool inducing. I just hope it didn't show all the good bits.

21. Luke_Sparkewalker

Oct 23, 2001
    Yeah, i'm not worried. It should be really awesome

22. MajorClod

MajorClod Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 2, 2001
    Thing I'm most dissapointed is the obvious shafting of screen time that Cyclops gets in the movie, it is clear from the trailer that Cyclops is absent from pretty much all the set pieces, so therefore most of the movie.

If anyone downloaded the trailer when it was released, you would have noticed a shot towards the end of logan and storm crouched and crying over an empty chair of Professor X in the destroyed house of Jean Grey. Suspiciously it was removed from subsequent versions pretty soon after. Hopefully they don't pull a Whedon and go and kill all the cool characters on us!!

Beast looks kinda weird from the limited shots we've seen, however I really hope they nail him in combat and attitude. The Beast I remember always referenced classic literature and history regularly in quite a fun way at times, I hope our Beast isn't just a serious and unexciting one

A lot of people seem to be bagging Ratner about this project, I really hope he turns out a good film and sticks it to them. Honestly, aside from just general quality of directing, he cannot be blamed for story and characters. I seriously doubt he would have had time to change the story significantly if it is as bad as some people think it will be.

I'm looking forward to the movie, if anything just to see our mutants finally fighting as a team, and for some cool moments fans will recognise, like the fastball special pictured in the first teaser trailer!

23. sith star

May 29, 2000
    mutants v's norm's
    hhmmm who ever shall win.....

many things to consider we have

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.