main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

X360 compatibility list released - some SW games missing

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by danielc56, Nov 12, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. uwishuwereme

uwishuwereme Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 20, 2005

Thanks i was wondering what SW games would work with X-Box 360

2. danielc56

danielc56 Jedi Master star 1

May 2, 2004
    Well, I just re-checked the list on Xbox.com and it looks like The Clone Wars has been removed. I'm pretty sure it used to be there, as I double checked before making my original post. It is still listed on the Gamespot/IGN lists. It seems they've already updated the list, albeit in a negative way.:mad:

danielc56

3. Psycho_Sith

Psycho_Sith Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 3, 2003
    I'm so glad now that I never did put the deposit on a 360 - their idea of BC is kinda a joke. Granted, I can understand their uphill struggle with not buying the rights to the tech. they used for the X-Box platform but that's not my fault.
    Only something like 4 games in my library would work with the 360...maybe.

4. TillTheEndOfTime

TillTheEndOfTime Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 13, 2005
    '

I hear ya

Makes me glad in the end that Gamestop cancelled my Pre Order

When I get my Money back tomorrow Im gonna ask them when Pre Ordering for the PS3 will start since thats due out in the Spring

5. Headphonekenobi

Headphonekenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 29, 2005
    That list sucks my @ss!

No BF or BFII no Mercenaries, no Burnout TD... u suck!

I'll wait... I can't believe all the morons on eBay right now paying $1500 for the 360 which only has a handful of titles

6. Psycho_Sith

Psycho_Sith Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 3, 2003
    ^^ I hear that. But why pay that much for one. A lot of stores in my city have a few in stock and even if they didn't you can go the old raincheck route if you're so hard up for a 360.
    Some people are dumb as rocks I swear.

7. albertperk

albertperk Jedi Master star 1

Apr 21, 2004
    Does anyone out there have an Xbox 360 that has actually tried playing BF2 on it just for the heck of it?

8. Darklord07

Darklord07 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 4, 2005
    You cant play any old games unless you download some kind of program or information off the internet and onto your harddrive.

9. Maulfly

Maulfly Moderator Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 2001
    So in other words, if you want to play your old games on the X360, you need to have activated a LIVE account to download content/patches...and even then, because the system isn't fully backwards compatible that'll only be useful for certain games. The rest of your games you'll need to keep your old Xbox.

Sounds like a pain in the rear, but not totally unexpected. Afterall, even the PS2 wasn't fully BC for some of the older PS games. That and developers love to complain that to make a system BC limits the next-gen system's ability to truly be capable of ground breaking advances. Or so they say, at least.

Either case, from back in my Nintendo days I'm used to having multiple game systems around because of lack of BC...that and I wasn't exactly in a rush to toss out my old Xbox, anyway. Unless the 360 is compatible with all the games I have currently and any I might want to someday get for the old system, I'll probably just be adding it to the collection as usual rather than having it replace anything. *shrugs*

10. albertperk

Apr 21, 2004
    Yes I know about that, I just wanted to know if anyone has tried it with Battlefront II yet even though its not on the list...just for the heck of it.

11. Darklord07

Darklord07 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 4, 2005
    well sorry it was about 5:00 when I wrote that so forgive its vagueness .
    When I had gotten the chance to play my 360, when I put in the Kotor discc, a screen came up. I dont have photgraphic mempry so I cant really tell you what it say, but i do know it wanted me to go to xbox.com/games. So my friend and I tried to hook up my xbox to the internet with no such luck. So I cant play any olf xbox 360 games till I download something off of their site. NO games work(old ones that is) so putting in BF or BF2 would do nothing. I am not sure if you have to have an active LIVE account or not, I will check though.

12. albertperk

Apr 21, 2004
    Naw, it's all good, don't worry about it. [:D]

Yeah I figured so much...I have a live account too...maybe I'll try it out as well, but I doubt I will get anywhere with it from hearing what you told me trying KOTOR and all. That is just messed up...KOTOR and the Battlefront games are like the best Star Wars games made in the last 3 years and possibily ever. And you know Microsoft is really sticking themselves in the foot for this. I got rid of my original xbox and I'm beginning to think that maybe I should have kept it just so I can play the games that aren't compatible with the 360 yet. I have a few xbox games but now they're just sitting there idle cuz I don't know if it will work or not. I've checked the so called list that Microsoft has and I think I only have like 2 or 3 games that are actually compatible. I really hope they extend the list like they said they have or there are going to be some very unhappy 360 customers that want to play their old xbox games too...

Like me. :mad:

13. FlareStorm

FlareStorm Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 13, 2000
    I really don't understand why some games would be compatible and others wouldn't. I mean, it's just a console, either they would all work, or none of them would

14. MarcusP2

MarcusP2 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 10, 2004
    Not necessarily, since each game might have strange programming tricks and whatnot. After all, they're still trying to properly emulate some SNES games and they've been working on that for years.

15. danielc56

danielc56 Jedi Master star 1

May 2, 2004
    Xbox.com now has 206 xbox games on their compatibility list. That's 28% of games, based on xbox.com's catalog of 721 Xbox-1 games. Or 24%, based on Gamespot's list of 853 games (not counting cancelled, TBA and upcoming titles).

Still no new Star Wars games on the list....:(

danielc56

16. Jedi_Master_Conor

Jedi_Master_Conor Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 24, 2005
    just out of curiosity the GTA: San Andreas that's on the list. is it the 1st one or the 2nd edition one?

17. Darth_Invidious

Darth_Invidious Force Ghost star 6

Jun 21, 1999
    Right now the only reason I might be remotely interested in getting a 360 is Halo 3. And God knows when that will come out. Hopefully by that time the 360 will be $50-$100 bucks cheaper and the BC and other bugs may be kinked out of newer versions (though I kinda doubt it). I'm convinced now that MS launched a 360 without hammering out all the bugs and other issue like backwards-compatibility just to get the upper hand on Sony. And they failed wondrously at this.

So far, the two Xboxes at home are aging gracefully but still working just fine. I'm not getting rid of mine, especially if the 360 cannot play some of my favorite games.

18. Master_EdgeCrusher

Master_EdgeCrusher Jedi Knight star 3

Dec 21, 2005
    all I know is that th Xbox had a NVIDIA vid card, and the 360 has a new ATI card that will not be released until after six months of the XBOX coming out. the cool thing about his emulator is that slowly they will be adding games, but all the games will be in 720 to 1080 format, and no lines!!!! That makes me think twice, though I am still in line waiting and worndering if I will ever see one before my birthday!

19. Master_EdgeCrusher

Master_EdgeCrusher Jedi Knight star 3

Dec 21, 2005
    I got one, and dang, KOTOR alone is fab, now it is off to KOTORII

20. Obi-Wan-1000

Obi-Wan-1000 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 11, 2005
    I hope they will make all of the star wars games work on Xbox 360 soon.

21. Ramses85

Ramses85 Jedi Youngling star 1

May 14, 2005
    Has anyone had any glitches with the BC yet? I've been trying my games that are on the current list, and have had afew problems so far. On SSX 3 the game would save my progress, but not my records. Then both Star Wars Clone Wars and Tetris Worlds are on the list, but I have the Disk with both games on it and it doesn't work.

Halo, Halo 2, DOA 3, and KOTOR seemed to work fine, but re-Downloading the XBox Live content took much longer than it did the first time.

22. Obi-Wan-1000

Obi-Wan-1000 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 11, 2005
    :confused: when they add more games later will they add all of the star wars games? :confused:

23. Jedi_Master_Conor

Jedi_Master_Conor Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 24, 2005
    i would assume they would add Battlefront I and II first, then maybe Republic Commando

24. QuiWanKenJin

QuiWanKenJin Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 14, 2005

Bad news.The entire list is gone.:eek: So now no one can play Xbox games on the 360.:mad:

25. mastersith69

mastersith69 Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 10, 2005
    [face_laugh] hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
    see that is why i will never buy a x-box 360 and will wait for a ps3 for now. atleast with ps3 you can play ps2 games on it. guys come back to the light and stop wasting your money to microsoft. it is pretty sad that you have to download stuff to make old games work. it sounds like you guys bought a freaking computer.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.