main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

X360 compatibility list released - some SW games missing

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by danielc56, Nov 12, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthQuellonis

DarthQuellonis Jedi Padawan star 4

May 22, 2005
    Ha ha ha... let's see who is laughing after Xbox 360 receives the later titles like Halo 3.

2. rogue_wookiee

rogue_wookiee Jedi Youngling star 6

Apr 24, 2004
    Can we please not turn this into a "Which console is better" flame war?

The fact of the matter is this. Microsoft really messed up here and they didn't sell some 360's because of that. Their backwards compatability "plan" is idiotic and it is the reason I bought a Xbox instead of a 360 a few weeks ago.

3. DarthQuellonis

DarthQuellonis Jedi Padawan star 4

May 22, 2005
    We all have our opinions, but this thread isn't the right place to express them. This thread should be locked until any announcements are made about BC.

4. Obi-Wan-1000

Obi-Wan-1000 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 11, 2005
    I hope they will put all of the star wars games on the list soon.

5. danielc56

danielc56 Jedi Master star 1

May 2, 2004
    Well, looks like Microsoft just updated their list again, and another Star Wars game has been removed!:mad:

So here's the latest

Star Wars XBOX games playable on X360:

Star Wars: Jedi Knight - Jedi Academy
    Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic
    Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic II - The Sith Lords
    Star Wars: Episode III - Revenge of the Sith

Games removed from the list:

Star Wars Starfighter: Special Edition (removed Mar. '06)
    Star Wars: The Clone Wars (removed Dec. '05)

Games not on the list:

Star Wars: Obi-Wan
    Star Wars Jedi Starfighter
    Star Wars: Jedi Knight II - Jedi Outcast
    Star Wars: Battlefront
    Star Wars: Republic Commando
    Lego Star Wars
    Star Wars: Battlefront II

danielc56

6. Jedi_Master_Conor

Jedi_Master_Conor Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 24, 2005
    this is total bull ****. from what I can tell the only game added on there is some Deer Hunting Game. Battlefront and Battlefront II are more popular than that. :mad:

7. danielc56

May 2, 2004
    A second compatibility update in less than 24 hours! This one is identified as the March 2006 update. The morning xbox.com list was "February 2006". There's some better news this time for Star Wars gamers:

Star Wars: Battlefront II (NEW) =D=

Games not on the list:

Lego Star Wars

Well, Battlefront players should be happy. I read a few months ago that compatibility work was put on hold until this March, while Microsoft staff focused on Dashboard/Live updates after console launch. Hopefully we'll start to get more games playable on the X360 now...[face_praying]

danielc56

8. Jedi_Master_Conor

Jedi_Master_Conor Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 24, 2005
    i'm very happy now. to make it better though i want to be able to play it on XBOX Live. however it says I need an update and when i go through that it says XBOX Live isn't working when i'm in fact connected

9. PhantomMenace

PhantomMenace Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 20, 2001
    Oh wow... I just checked for an update last week and there was nothing new. Glad to know Battlefront 2 is now on the list... that's the one I've been waiting for (along with most everyone else). :D

10. Ramses85

Ramses85 Jedi Youngling star 1

May 14, 2005
    It's so sweet to finally be able to play Battlefront 2 again (my XBOx is dying, and switching the ethnernet cable is a pain)! It sucks though that I have to repurchase the Kit Download. It's not like I changed my GamerTag so I don't feel I should have to buy it again.

11. Sith-I-5

Sith-I-5 Force Ghost star 6

Aug 14, 2002
    I love how everyone is acting like this is a new thing.

Microsoft has always seemingly ignored backward compatability issues when upgrading their PC hardware and software, so the fact that they are doing it on their console is of no surprise to me.

While I regard Sony as purely mercenary with their pursuit of new formats simply because dvd stopped them earning as much as they wanted, previously, they have had a very good record for backwards compatability on their games.

12. danielc56

May 2, 2004
    Another update! Seven Star Wars games down, six to go. With recent conflicting signals coming from Microsoft staff, I'm not sure how many more updates we can expect. Hopefully they'll all be compatible before updates cease.

Star Wars: Battlefront (NEW)=D=
    Lego Star Wars (NEW)=D=

Games not on the list:

danielc56

13. Mandalorian_General

Mandalorian_General Jedi Youngling

Jun 16, 2006
    I got a 360, and got KOTR2 And in the middle of the game it starts acting like the NES did when to many thing were happing at once, Slow as hell.
    man I mad i want to finish the game but i guess i gotta get for my pc...

14. phantasm66

phantasm66 Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 31, 2000
    that's true - backwards compatibility probably means a lot more to you than others.. but i know i wont be playing any of those old games again.

downloading patches on the 360 isn't a chore. it tells you that you need an update and you select 'update'. it takes 15 seconds. i have a friend who has 3 kids and they're always hiding the memory card for his ps2. so he can never play his saved games because of that - the xbox has the harddrive and that isn't an issue.

i'm not saying one system is better than the other, im saying that you shouldn't completely discount the xbox just because of backwards compatibility. or for the fact that it doesn't need a memory card.

what do you think the ps3 has in it anyway? an nvidia video card, memory, a motherboard - and a cd/dvd rom drive? the ps3 is as much a computer as the 360.

i think the release date for the ps3 is (tentatively) November this year - we'll see how it goes.

15. phantasm66

Aug 31, 2000
    i've been meaning to play those games again before i sell them to a buddy of mine, i'll do that and hopefully see what some of the issues are...

16. KnightinaBox

KnightinaBox Jedi Youngling

Jun 19, 2006
    I honestly think that it'll be a while before xbox goes away even after like xbox 10 comes out. It'll be like there trying to just have different versions of the same damn console in the market so the competition is like a joke.
    Either way it's funny thinking of little study projects like this as serious, after thinking games might stop being made somewhere in the near future like there's no interest or something.o_O

17. SithMan1138

SithMan1138 Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 1, 2005
    I, being a guy who likes alot of "Old School" games think thje BC is important. I'm happy about the Battlefronts the most. However, my dad will never let me hook the 360 up to get any updates.....I HATE IT!!! I'm not to worried about Clone Wars, I have it on the Gamecube and the controler schem better on the GC for that game. Even though the one Microsoft guy said the BC was gonna end soon, if ebough people want it, they'll get it.

18. phantasm66

Aug 31, 2000
    i like playing the older games as much as the next gamer, but honestly, noone complained too much when the nintendo changed their cartridge standards.

when the 8-bit nintendo was out it was all fine and dandy. then the snes came out and all of a sudden, the older games were worthless. the only way you could play them was on the old system (and i think a company might've made an adapter at some point..). then another format change with the n64, but at that point, the ps1 was out and everyone was going to cd land (who hadn't already from sega's box). the point is, why is it such a concern now? back when nintendo owned everything, nobody cared as much.

the xbox game 'obi-wan' (i thought) was one of the best games ever. say what you want, and to each their own - i enjoyed that game - great replayability, everything.

not supported on the 360. am i disappointed? sure - its a platinum hit, i had hoped they would all go. am i going to complain? nope - i have plenty of other games to bide my time and honestly, i'd rather not be stuck in the past.

although..... that may change when the wii comes out. but that's different. i haven't played 'gunsmoke' in 15 years. but it'll just be a nostalgic, impulse buy. once the novelty wears off, it won't be that big a deal.

tell your dad to stop paying $50/year for something he never uses. [face_talk_hand]

19. SithMan1138

SithMan1138 Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 1, 2005
    Yeah I keep asking but...I still like some games like Battlefront 2 where their was massive replay value. A game Like Episode III, fine, cut it from the list. The multiplayer games are the ones I want. And RPGs

20. Commander_Kayman

Commander_Kayman Jedi Youngling star 2

May 2, 2006
    No NO you can download the software to your pc, you burn it on disc, then put it in your xbox 360, and voilá the program installs and you can play the games.

21. Commander_Kayman

Commander_Kayman Jedi Youngling star 2

May 2, 2006

HA HA HA[face_talk_hand] just wait until your playstation 3 burns down your house because the ps3 ir actually an evil plot by the north koreans to overthrow the United states

22. phantasm66

Aug 31, 2000
    [face_laugh] i hope they make it better than their taepodong 2's...

23. JediMasterKitFisto

JediMasterKitFisto Jedi Knight star 6

Aug 27, 2002
    How exactly do they control which games work and which ones dont?

24. danielc56

May 2, 2004
    Another update! First one since mid-June. Looks like the upcoming Lego sequel will be compatible right out of the box.

November 2005

March 2006

June 2006
    Lego Star Wars

August 2006
    Lego Star Wars II: The Original Trilogy (NEW)=D=

Games not on the list:

Of course, compatibility seems a little silly this time. The X360 is getting a native version of Lego Star Wars II at the same time. Along with Gamecube, GBA, DS, PC, PS2, and PSP, phew! Personally I'm hoping for a Dreamcast port.[face_praying]:p

Well, at least we have our first native X360 Star Wars game, woohoo!!![face_dancing]

danielc56

25. danielc56

May 2, 2004
    An interesting observation:

There is a pattern to Microsoft's compatibility updates. The last three updates have been released exactly 76 days apart (yes I'm obsessing!) That's just under 10 weeks apart. If the pattern holds, we should see another update around November 11, the Veterans Day holiday weekend in the United States.

danielc56

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.