1. The Jedi Council Forum Rules have been revised.

View the revisions here, and see the Communications thread for more details.

Nash, TN Xanadu Sci Fi Con

Discussion in 'South East Regional Discussion' started by Toymaster, Feb 5, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Toymaster Force Ghost

star 4
  2. TK-6873 Jedi Knight

star 2
    I have a bad feeling about this....
    Xanadu may very well turn out to be the con of the acne and obese, sandels and socks, dogs and cats sleepin' together. I bailin' on this one completely. Hold out for next year when DeepSouthCon decends around this one.

FYI to Scruff- They never hold a NASCAR race on mother's day....or they day Elvis died.
  3. Scruff Jedi Master

star 4
    I know they never race on Mother's Day. Doesn't make any sense to me, they race on Father's Day.
  4. Toymaster Force Ghost

star 4
    So did anybody actually go to this thing? I'm sure there was a great turnout with all the advertising they did around town, esp. with the $35 admission fee.

I wonder if Mr. Tylenol showed up... ;)
  5. TK-6873 Jedi Knight

star 2
    Haven't heard anything....
    I can see where this might have gone belly-up. That's a pretty big price tag for a newly reborn con from years ago. And they didn't have any really big draws...unlike AdventureCon in Knoxville will (June 4-6). Tons of celebs including Anthony Daniels and Dave Prowse and a huge vendor room. Admission....wait for it....a woppin' $6 bucks.
    Knoxville Expo Center off of Merchants Drive.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.