main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Xanatos Underground Lair: Discussion Thread -New topic 4/26!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by fallen_one, Aug 4, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. obi_ew

obi_ew Jedi Master star 5

Apr 14, 2002
    I just sent a PM to Neon about a new one. Hope to hear from her soon about it and get it posted. :)

2. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    Great! And I feel better now, you know, not senile! 8-}

3. fallen_one

fallen_one Jedi Youngling

Aug 4, 2004
    October challenge: In honor of Halloween, the October challenge is to write a spooky, creepy, scary vig! Xan doesn't have to be the Evil Spooky One, he just has to be the main focus of the vig. [face_pumpkin]

4. Hippobirdy

Hippobirdy Jedi Youngling

Dec 2, 2004
    So by default any mushy Jinn and Xan vig count?

5. obi_ew

Apr 14, 2002
  6. dianethx

dianethx Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 1, 2002
    :mad: :p

I would agree that mushy Xan could get scary![face_batting]

7. Neon Star

Neon Star Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 30, 2000
    *ponders* Actually, it could be if Xan was over the top in his affection, maybe into the creepy stalker type catagory... Though, that would be out of character for him. Well, maybe not, as he can be possessive at times, I suppose, though, that mostly relates to himself, rather then another... *shoots plot bunny before it grows*

Hmmm, though, going to have to come up with something soon for the challenge, maybe, if I can actually do something without vampires... :p

8. obi_ew

Apr 14, 2002
    But we love your Xan and vampire stories. They go together so well. [face_love]

9. Alley_Skywalker

Alley_Skywalker Jedi Master star 4

Sep 27, 2005
    Hey guys! I hope no one minds if I crash the party:p

10. Phoenix_Reborn

Phoenix_Reborn Jedi Master star 4

Feb 23, 2003
    Howdy!

No one minds as long as you play nice and have a deep love of Xan :p

Oh, but be careful not to touch...oe's a tad bit possessive :p

11. Alley_Skywalker

Sep 27, 2005
    Lol :)
    Nah I'm too busy chasing Ani [face_batting]
    Yea....Xani is awesome! Dang why do I always fall for the bad boys?!?[face_love]
    Hmmm...Ani and Xani would have made good friends I think :)

12. Neon Star

Neon Star Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 30, 2000
    Hmm, that is a possibility. They do have a lot of similarities. [face_thinking] And I wouldn't question it. Bad boys are just the best. [face_love]

Happy Halloween to those who observe it. :)

13. fallen_one

fallen_one Jedi Youngling

Aug 4, 2004
    New challenge: What type of woman would get involved with Xan? Write a vig that explores her. Must show their first meeting, his reaction to being a father and how the relationship turned out.

New topic: What about the Jedi Order did Xan have the most difficulty accepting and why?

14. Indra

Indra Jedi Master star 3

Dec 31, 2003
    It's easy to say how the relationship turned out. She named their son Granta Omega, so Xan left. :p

I'd say Xan had the biggest problem with having to obey someone else. It's been a while since I read the JA-books and my view of him has mainly been shaped through fanfic, but he seems to prefer working alone. That and he obviously values a comfortable life, something the Jedi certainly don't offer. So he had to make do with little and to top it off had to do what others said. He doesn't seem the type who could cope with that.

15. SakuraTsukikage

SakuraTsukikage Jedi Master star 4

Oct 24, 2005
    The name--lol. And I have to say I agree. Bad enough that you've got a name like Omega, but Granta?

Watson, even for you that was low.

As an a new Xan fan, I thought I'd put in a word over here and drag this thread back up to the top. It's amazing how the Xan-man creeps up on you--I write one challenge with him in it and suddenly he's one of my favorite characters. :p He's kind of hypnotic, isn't he?=P~ [face_love]

I guess it just goes to show you what Watson can do when she isn't thinking about it.

16. obi_ew

Apr 14, 2002
    He's kind of hypnotic, isn't he?

Oh yeah! [face_hypnotized]

There's just something about a bad boy. Plus fanfiction, both family-friendly and slash, have really done wonders for his popularity. He's a much more rounded character than he was in the books. And as Watson herself stated, Wolverton is actually the one who created him. ;)

17. Master_Noi

Master_Noi Jedi Master star 4

Sep 8, 2004
    Yes, there is just something about Xan. Perhaps it is because he is so conflicted, enough that he's not completely evil, but also not completely good.

18. SakuraTsukikage

Oct 24, 2005
    Oh, yeah. I forgot about that. WOLVERTON created him, not Watson. She's just the one who KILLED him. :mad:

Hmmm, that explains why the first two books were so much better, now doesn't it?

Fanfiction is really the savior of a lot of characters that way. Even characters like the "clipboard guy" at the end of ESB have been made into sympathetic and interesting characters in fanfic--and that guy had nothing on Xan even starting out!

Conflictedness makes the character. Or at least the fanfic character. And gray Jedi are definitely a source of endless fascination. And drooling.

Well, I never drooled over Jolee Bindo in Knights of the Old Republic, but . . . :p

I think part of the attraction is that even though he wasn't developed and was basically kicked into a pool of acid by a sadistic author, he's deep. You just can't have a "betrayer" character who left that big an impact not be deep. In the passion of his hatred it is shown that there is a lot of feeling there, and it wasn't always feelings of the dark side.

And well . . . he's just plain gorgeous, eh? =P~

19. Alley_Skywalker

Sep 27, 2005
    Hmm deep...betrayer...passion...dark side...gorgeouse...sorta reminds you of another Jedi Knight/Sith Lord doesn't it SakuraTsukikage?

Anyways...yes...fanfiction really does do wonders...though it can be distructive in ways I suppose. There's a fanfic bout the "clipboard guy" guy? wow someones got quite the imagination.

20. SakuraTsukikage

Oct 24, 2005
    The dark Jedi always seem to be the pretty ones.

'cept Obi, of course. :D

21. VaderLVR64

Feb 5, 2004
    They ARE the pretty ones aren't they? Good thing they don't all look like Palpy! [face_sick] Xan is one of my favorite characters, and I would have loved to see him and Anakin rule the galaxy together! [face_batting]

But that's just me...

22. obi_ew

Apr 14, 2002
    What about Obi? :(

23. VaderLVR64

Feb 5, 2004
    Obi is in a class by himself! [face_love] Hot and good. Sigh... Lovely, lovely Obi-Wan! [:D]

24. SakuraTsukikage

Oct 24, 2005
  25. Alley_Skywalker

Sep 27, 2005
    Hmph... I presonally don't see how Obi-Wan is so gorgeouse...good looking ok but not like hot. And I mean I'm sure he means well but...ehh well I'm just really on his case right now.
    The reason (well one of them) why I like Ani (well and Zan but that's a bit different there) Is because he's not trying to get that whole "perfect jedi" thing going. And yet he's so caring. Obi-Wan...damn he jst screwed up...so did Ani but Obi-Wan srewed up by trying to be all perfect. And I love mu frieds that frequent the Obi thread too bu I will fight you forever on the subject of obi-Wan Kenobi's "sainthood". Dang! When did I start dislikeing him so much? I use to fgeel sorry for the guy (Until I saw Ep1).

Ok shutting up.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.