main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

NSWRPF Archive Xavier Institute for Higher Learning

Discussion in 'Non-Star Wars Role Playing Archive' started by Zedd-Vega, Jun 3, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    Karra - Xavier Mansion, Infirmary

Karra suddenly turned bright red, as she realized she was hanging off of Iori's neck. But at least he had also felt the strange 'void'. After the battle had ended, is when they had found out that something had happened to the Professor. Karra, as gracefully as she could, slid down, and released him with a small grin. She was sticking close to Iori. She felt so helpless. It was as if after all the had done, it had not matter. In her heart, she knew better. It could have been so much worse. At least Lazer was around to help N'dare and the others. Her partner was strange, but she felt he had done something as well. They checked on Lera, making sure she was okay, before they left, heading upstiars.

Karra now held Iori's hand, while they listened to the meeting John had called. NightFall, Dark Devil and Vermillion, were there as well. They were told that an Xmen, called Hawk was somewhere underground in the Westchester sewer systems and was quite likely in need of immediate assisstance. They needed to send a team to him A.S.A.P. Thera, Ice Rose, Testsuo and Pyro were also included in the discussion, but it was clear that not everyone was going to be allowed to go. After all, they couldn't leave the Mansion undefended. should their enemies choose to show up once again. Karra thought hard. She barely remembered the man. Breakfast. When Lera, Iori and she were trying to make everyone relaxed, and had cooked a huge breakfast.

It was obvious, that with Jocasta providing constant updates on Hawk, a rescue effort was imminent. The being called NightFall offered to go, along with his partner. But he suggested that someone from the Xmen who knew Hawk also go, so that he would be willing to go with them. If they moved quickly, they could be there and back, in a matter of minutes.

When Professor N'dare mentioned possibly needing Karra's help, she squeezed Iori's hand gently. "I rather stay here, to help protect anyway." she whispered softly. As she sat there, she thought about Iori. Was he like her? She had never seen another human do what he did. It was a nice, comforting thought, as they listened to what was going on.

Tag: GreyJedi, HunterPrime, any at the meeting

2. Arclite

Arclite Jedi Youngling star 1

May 3, 2006
    IC: Voryn Ysuran

He was getting closer. He could feel the aura, the licking flames of darkness calling him towards it, the deepening void as he drew closer to its power.

Finally he reached the mainland of a new continent, called america by a lecherous voice in his head. Towering citadels of glass met his gaze. It would've taken his breath had he had any. Under the cloak of darkness, he managed to stay undetected and out of the eyes of the curious humans.

Landing outside of a huge mansion, he knew that he had made it to his destination after all, according to the strength of the aura. Something about this mansion made him wary and set the heathen voices of his mind off. Oh yes, he had definitely reached his destination!

He slid in through a window, setting off an alarm of some sort.

Let him come to me Voryn thought grimly We will settle this like creatures of shadow!

3. Schoolgirl_Bounty

Schoolgirl_Bounty Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 25, 2005
    Alice Sota- Tetsuo

Alice stood, arms crossed, back to the wall. her best friend was trapped, and she had the only means of communication with him.

She stepped forward, "I don't care if any of you come with me, but I'm going to help Hawk. If you want to go, follow me. If not, well, that's another story."

She picked her cell phone out of her pocket, as she stormed out the door, and dialed his number.

"Come on Jack, where are you?"

(TAG_ Anyone)

4. greyjedi125

greyjedi125 Chosen One star 6

Apr 29, 2002
    Xavier Institute for Higher Learning

Meeting Room

The plans to rescue Hawk and simultaneously ptotect the Mansion were being discussed fairly successfully. Not everyone was going to get to go, that was already decided. Professor N'dare had requested Karra's aid and she agreed to stay. Iori did likewise, then silently returned Karra's gentle squeeze.

Alice stood, arms crossed, back to the wall. Her mood and posture had not gone unnoticed by some of the more sensitive faculty members.

She stepped forward suddenly, saying: "I don't care if any of you come with me, but I'm going to help Hawk. If you want to go, follow me. If not, well, that's another story."

She picked her cell phone out of her pocket, as she stormed out the door.

Sage stood up immediately with fire growing behind her dark shades, but John Storm stood up also, motioning for her to hang back.

"Please, allow me." He said gently. Sage simply nodded at him.

John followed Alice out of the room and came up just in time to hear her speak into her cellphone.

"Come on Jack, where are you?"

"His signal is probably being blocked." John said matter of fact, but giving the girl a concerned look. The X-men leader had his hands in his jean pockets and adopted a relaxed pose, not wanting to agitate Tetsuo any further.

"I can understand that you're feeling anxious..." he continued, his tone frank and sincere. "...But you have to let us do our part Alice. We already have a plan, and storming out defiantly in that manner does not help anyone of us. We could really use your help here at the Mansion. I think Hawk would appreciate it if there was a Mansion he could come home to, don't you think?"

John paused for a moment just to let his words sink in. If the institute got attacked again, now that they were vulnerable, they would definitely need someone like Tetsuo to lend them strength.

"I know we're all frustrated with all that's been happening, that's why we need to stick together and work together more than ever. We can't fall apart now Alice. Otherwise they'll win." John looked off into the distance then, and held his peace for a heartbeat. No doubt some distant memories ran through his mind, but he did not indulge his reminiscence. He slowly brought his blue eyes upon Alice as a rueful smile showed on his otherwise handsome face.

"If you want to talk about anything that's bothering you, please, don't hesitate to approach any of us. We are a family. You have to believe that."

John gave her a wink and a genuine smile before he began to turn. "Oh, and by the way, just so you know, we have a tactical team going in to rescue Hawk. It will only be three mutants. Sage, Lazer and Nightfall. It will be quicker than quick, you'll see. He'll be back with us in no time."

John held Tetsuo's gaze before deciding to return to the Meeting Room. He waited to see if she had any comments or ideas of her own before joining the others.

Inside the meeting room, Sage was getting ready to dismiss the rest of the students, but held off. She looked at the door, then slowly began to make her way towards NightFall and Lazer, but not before she shared some words with Professor N'dare. There were things afoot that needed careful attention, especially during times such as these.

And almost to prove her point, a silent alarm went off. Only the faculty was aware of this intrusion. Sage regarded N'dare and said coolly; "Jocasta's on her way."

This was the wrong time for any intruder to be at the Mansion. Should it be categorized as hostile, then luck be with him, for he was going to need it more than the X-men.

Tag: HunterPrime, Ktala, SGB, anyone else at the meeting

Mansion Corridor, Broken window

The dark figure slid through a window, setting off a silent alarm. It's form and long shadowy cloak seemed to slither as it looked about, almost as if it were seeking something it had lost.

5. greyjedi125

Apr 29, 2002
    Hawk & Elana Warner

Westchester County, Sewer System

Even the primitive mind of the red eyed creature could interpret the changes that were happening within the sewer tunnels. One of the mutants had transformed from a non-threat to a definite potential threat. The red eyed creature squeeked in primal response and backed away to a 'safer' distance. Something else was coming through the tunnel walls to join the other two intruders. Whatever it was, it was even more unnatural than anything it had seen or experieced.

And speaking of intruders.....

It was the combination of scent and sound that gave them away, not to mention their shinning lights. Though they tried to moved stealthfully, but there was no disguising their plodding movemets through the fetid waters. The red-eyed creature sensed about half a dozen intruders and decided not to stick around for them.

It made a quick turn, then it dashed into darkness.

Moments later, six armed soldires sloshed past the very spot where it'd stood.

"Seeker one to RCC. We are nearing the coordinates now. We should have a visual on the target momentarily."

["Roger that Seeker one. Proceed with caution. Copy."]

"Copy that, RCC. Seeker one over and out."

Seeker one motioned for the other five soldiers to split up, three to a wall. Little did they know that they would be coming up on more than one mutant target far sooner than they expected. By the same token, it would seem that Hawk was far too distracted to notice the soldiers' approach, and perhaps the same could be said for the transformed Elana. Whether or not Eagle's Breath was equally distracted remained to be seen.

Even as the X-men readied themselves to mount a rescue, events remained in motion. A clash seemed imminent. Exactly how these events were to unfold were soon to be revealed and their outcome made known.

Tag: Darph_Nader, Mitth_Fisto

6. Schoolgirl_Bounty

Schoolgirl_Bounty Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 25, 2005
    Alice Sota- Tetsuo

Alice held the phone in her hand. "John, I know that we're a family... More family than I've ever had.. That's why I'm so worried about Jack. He's one of the few people I've asked to come with me when I went to see my mother."

She looked away, brushing the locks of dark hair out of her face. Alice sighed. "I'm going to go start rebuilding the structure work of the entranceway. Maybe concentrating on something else will help me calm down..."

(TAG- GJ, Anyone)

7. greyjedi125

Apr 29, 2002

Outside the Meeting Room

John looked at Alice and calmly listened to what she had to say. Lately, he found himself acting less and less like a hot head.

Alice held the phone in her hand. "John, I know that we're a family... More family than I've ever had.. That's why I'm so worried about Jack. He's one of the few people I've asked to come with me when I went to see my mother."

She looked away, brushing the locks of dark hair out of her face. Alice sighed. "I'm going to go start rebuilding the structure work of the entranceway. Maybe concentrating on something else will help me calm down..."

John nodded slowly in unerstanding and gave her a heartfelt smile. He could certainly understand what she was going through. After all, he'd lost many loved ones during the past Mutant Crisis. As far as he knew, he was the last of the Richards-Storm family line.

"I'll come look in on you after wer're done....and thank you."

With that, John turned and returned to the Meeting Room.

Almost as soon as he entered, Sage dismissed the rest of the students who were not involved with the rescue operation. From their expressions, it was evident that the shock of the battle was still affecting some of them.

Immediately after the last student crossed the door to the Meeting Room, Sage almost didn't wait for the doors to close as she addressed the X-men leader.

"John, we have a situation."

Sage quickly showed John what was happening in the corridor with the intruder and the latest update from Jocasta concerning Hawk.

"I'm going in now." She said, already moving towards Lazer and NightFall, and joining them for a quick exit.

"You and N'dare take care of business here. We'll be right back."

John nodded solemnly and stepped back. His thoughts echoed words Erik had said many times in the past. "We must ever remain vigilant if we are to survive." Now, in his absence, those words rang with a greater meaning than he'd thought possible.

Tag: SGB, HunterPrime, Ktala

8. LeiaHair

LeiaHair Jedi Master star 4

Aug 9, 2003
    Roxanne Moore "Hourglass"
    ICU, Infermery, Xavier Mansion

The heart monitor beeped on a stedy, normal beat. Roxanne's chest rose and fell with every breath. She was hooked up to an IV, which steadily dripped a clear liquid. When one noticed these things, one would think that she was mearly asleep. In a sense, she was. A very deep sleep.

Then, very slowly at first, the beeps increased their speed. Beads of sweat started to form on her forehead and upper lip. Faster and faster the monitor beeped. The noise was enough to make one go mad. Soon, Roxanne's hair was plastered to her forehead.

SILENCE.

Everything stopped. No beeps... no flatline... nothing. One of the dropletss of Roxanne's IV was frozen in the air. Slowly, it continued to fall...

FLATLINE.

Roxanne's monitor showed as well screamed flatline. There was no heart activity. No one was in the room at the moment.

No one needed to be.

The young Irish American was determined to live. And that she would. Her eyes quickly fluttered underneath her dark eyelids as she strugled for life. She was not going to die... not yet. Not when she had so much to live for. Not when the X-Men still needed her.

Not without John.

Suddenly, Roxanne sat strait up, her blue eyes wild with terror. Her yelp of fright echoed in the plain medical room. She had seen it. She had seen the end of time. Sooner than it seemed. Sooner than most had expected.

Afraid, and not quite all there, Roxanne ran out of the room, ripping out the IV and other things attatched to her. Looking for him. She needed his arms. She needed it.

With only a medical gown on, Roxanne ran to Xavier's office. With Xavier dead, John had to be there. Or at least someone who would know. Little did she know that she had brought the professor back, and that he was only a few feet away from her.

As she passed the meeting room, she heard John's voice. "We must ever remain vigilant if we are to survive."

Roxanne stopped and ran into the room, not noticing the other's in the room, nor the blood dripping from her IV. She ran straight to John, and wrapped her arms around him, crying.

TAG: Greyjedi

9. HunterPrime

HunterPrime Jedi Master star 2

Apr 17, 2004
    NightFall and Lazer - Meeting room

The plans to rescue Hawk and simultaneously ptotect the Mansion were being discussed fairly successfully. The one called Alice stood, arms crossed, back to the wall. Her mood and posture had not gone unnoticed by some of the more sensitive faculty members. Lazer and NightFall, were quietly listening behind the rest of the group. She stepped forward suddenly, saying, "I don't care if any of you come with me, but I'm going to help Hawk. If you want to go, follow me. If not, well, that's another story." She picked her cell phone out of her pocket, as she stormed out the door. Lazer and NightFall looked at each other but said nothing. It was not their business. Let the Xmen work their own problems out. But they did not need any more delays on their efforts, if they were going to rescue this Hawk chracter. Sage stood up immediately but John Storm stood up also, motioning for her to hang back. "Please, allow me." He said gently. Sage simply nodded at him. John followed Alice out of the room. Great. Like they needed MORE drama around this place. Lazer sighed softly.

Meanwhile, Sage looked like she was getting ready to go with Lazer and NightFall. She looked at the door, then slowly began to make her way towards NightFall and Lazer. Suddenly, she paused, and NightFall made a face. "At this rate, it will take themforever...." he whispered to her. Lazer grinned, and turned towards her partner, and then paused, as she noticed him frowning darkly. "Whats the matter?" she asked him. He shook his head. "Im...not sure. Its.." Suddenly, his cloak expanded around him, and he dropped partially into the shadows. Lazer eyebrows went up. "We need to go -- NOW." he said, his voice dropping very low, as it did, when he was in full NightFall mode. Lazer, nodded, and began a very light glow. She looked towards Sage. "If you know where exactally we need to go, then I suggest we leave now." she said, as she stepped back, gently contacting NightFall as she did. She did not like when he suddenly changed as he just had. It ment something was wrong. When the shadows that NightFall delt with, moved as they did, it usually was to protect him from immediate danger. Now where that danger might be located, however, was anyones guess. And that's what worried her. First, that dark lady, and now, this. Too much to not be coinsedence. She looked back at Sage, and waited for the woman to join them. "Take my hand." Lazer said softly, as NightFall's cloak began to expand, and wrap around them.

Tag:GreyJedi125, anyone else at the meeting

10. Master_Vicky

Master_Vicky Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 29, 2003
    Gregory Balis
    Infirmary, Xavier Mansion

Greg argued a bit more with Ogre then ignored him after growing tired of it. It was his best defense against his counterpart, a tactic the Professor had taught him when he first arrived at the mansion. It was hard to do- Ogre could get very loud- but Greg had been doing it for years now. Eventually Ogre became bored with his pestering and quieted down.

Greg stared at the ceiling wondering what was going on outside. Was the school still under attack? If it wasn't, who won? Had the Brotherhood taken over the school? Was he actually a prisoner instead of a patient? Probably not, but who knew. He tried to listen and see if he could hear anything, but no sounds travelled through the walls. They were probably sound proofed, and understandably so. The last time he had an episode this bad, Ogre yelled the whole time until he was finally knocked out with sedatives.

With a sigh, Greg looked around at what he could see of the room for what felt like the hundredth time. An idea struck him and he tried it out.

"Jocasta? Can you hear me? What's going on?"

Tag: GJ125

11. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    Professor N'dare and Karra
    Meeting Room

The plans to rescue Hawk and simultaneously protect the Mansion were being discussed fairly successfully. Not everyone was going to get to go, that was already decided. Professor N'dare had requested Karra's aid and she agreed to stay. Iori did likewise, then silently returned Karra's gentle squeeze. Karra gave a small smile. After Sage spoke with N'dare, he turned towards Karra and Iori. "Well then, we have some work to do, and we must work quickly." He said with a nod, and a small wink. "I will be sending some of the drones to fix the windows and front of the Mansion. Iori, I want you and Karra to follow me to my lab, where we will get the equipment I've been working on. It will take all of us, to place the sensors where they need to be, and then calibrate them. Hopefully, next time, we can either block their teleporter...or at least be able to see them.

Karra smile. "Just tell us where, Professor." she said with a grin. As N'dare began to give them instructions on where he wanted equipment placed, he stopped as his bracelet began to warn him of another alarm. Sage regarded N'dare and said coolly; "Jocasta's on her way." Karra's smile faded, as she looked over at Iori, hoping that whatever Jocasta might be going to deal with, was not another attack. "I guess that means we better hurry then." she said softly. With the Professor out of it, she didnt know if they could take another attack so soon. And she was sure, that was exactally what they were planning to do. She would. They waited for N'dare to finish, before she took off, heading to get the equipment set up as Professor N'dare stated.

TAG: GreyJedi

12. greyjedi125

Apr 29, 2002

Meeting Room

Sage sensed NightFall's agitation as well as the Lazer's concern for her partner and situational sense of urgency, when Roxanne burst into the meeting room. The girl was still in her medical gown as she rushed John Storm and wrapped her arms around him, then began to cry.

Sage reaches out and grabs Lazer's hand, then looks back to NightFall, giving him a nod conveying her readiness. She also notices how his dark cloak billows about, before she turns to a surprised John Storm.

//She doesn't know that Erik is alive. You need to tell her. We shall return shortly with Hawk.// she sent telepathically to the blond haired leader, just as the trio made their exit from the meeting room.

John silently nodded at the vanishing Sage in understanding as he slowly encircled Roxanne with his own arms. He then looked down and noticed the blood, but was glad to see that it wasn't serious. Almost as if on cue, Professor N'dare took the opportunity to excuse himself and politely took Karra and Iori with him, effectively giving John a modicum of privacy with the distressed student. Thankfully, N'dare trusted John to administer first aid to Roxanne if necessary. As it was, her recovery seemed remarkable.

"Shhhhh.....it's ok. It's going to be alright." John said softly as he stroked her hair, hoping to calm her. "C'mon...have a seat, you shouldn't be standing."

Ever so gently, John ushered Roxanne to one of the bigger chairs in the room and helped her to sit down. He crouched next to her and held her hand in his, rubbing it soothingly.

"It's good to see you up and about..." John said with paternal concern, even as he wiped a tear from her cheek. He then placed his hand under her chin and gently lifted her head so she could see him eye to eye. John smiled at her then.

"I have good news for you..." he began to say, as he watched her expression. "He's alive. Erik... is alive. Roxanne, you managed to save Professor Xavier. You did good."

John's smile broadened as he bore the good news to the girl who's codename was Hourglass.

Tag: LeiaHair, HunterPrime, Ktala

Gregory Balis

Xavier Mansion, Infirmary, Holding cell

The advanced miniature medical monitors that were hooked up to Greg detected his altered state of conciousness. Unbeknownst to him, just as the young mutant reached wakefulness, a signal was sent to alert the medical team of the patient's condition. Those who needed to know what transpired within the room would know, but only very few actually had the capability of doing anything about it at present, given the current state of affairs. Obviously, Professor N'dare was one of the pertinent members to be made immediately aware of these developments.

After a sigh, Greg looked around and then spoke into the air.

"Jocasta? Can you hear me? What's going on?"

For a moment, silence was Greg's only answer. Then a few heartbeats later, the familiar coalescing light display that was now associated with Jocasta appeared, and in a wink, the holo-image of the silverclad A.I. stood before Greg. Smiling.

Gregs adrenaline level was normal for a person who was at rest, and there was little to no traces of stress in his voice or alpha wave pattern. Greg was now his usually placid self.

"I'm right here Greg." the ubiquitous A.I. answered pleasantly in her near-human voice. "I apologize for the earlier treatment, but it was necessary to sedate you. I'm happy to report that the immediate threat to the Institute and it's residents has been resolved, however, you are still under observation. If you wish, I could inform a member of the faculty that you're awake now, in the meantime, is there anything I can do for you?"

Jocasta leaned her silver head inquisitively to one side and waited for Greg's response.

Tag: Master_Vicky, Ktala

13. Master_Vicky

Master_Vicky Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 29, 2003
    Gregory Balis
    Holding Cell, Infirmary, Xavier Mansion

At first there was no answer. Then Jocasta Appeared in her usual fashion with an etheral smile.

"I'm right here Greg." the ubiquitous A.I. answered pleasantly in her near-human voice. "I apologize for the earlier treatment, but it was necessary to sedate you. I'm happy to report that the immediate threat to the Institute and it's residents has been resolved, however, you are still under observation. If you wish, I could inform a member of the faculty that you're awake now, in the meantime, is there anything I can do for you?"

So he couldn't leave the room yet. Well it could be worse. And everything was safe outside, which meant the Professor okay.

"Do I have to stay tied down?"

Tag: GJ125

14. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    Professor N'dare & Karra
    Meeting Room

The meeting ended abruptly, when immidately after age left, Roxanne burst into the room, and ran for John. With a nod, Professor N'dare took the opportunity to excuse himself and politely took Karra and Iori with him. Karra stared, but said nothing, as she followed N'dare and Iori out. Was that normal behavior for these folks? Who knows. She had given up on what was normal a long time ago. She simpy squeezed Iori's hand, greatful that he was there with her right now. She simply tried to stop the blush she felt from growing. N'dare said nothing, but his mind was busy working on several problems. He looked at the two students. "Since you both can take flight, it should make the job much easier. And hopefully, If I've done my job right, based on your current abilities, we should be able to monitor the mansion better." N'dare looked at the two. But we havent much.."

A insistant beep, caused him to pause, and check his systems. Karra looked at Iori. "So much for thoughts of a quite night.." she whispered softly. "Dont these guys take a break?"

A deep sigh then left N'dare's lips. Greg/Ogre was awake. And it seemed as if Grey was the one in control. Thank goodness. He had many questions to ask that young man. On of the many hundreds of things that he needed to do quickly. He looked at the two students. "I think we better take the express route." he stated as he began to float within the hallway. He took off then, flying down the hallway. With a grin, Karra followed him, flying down the hallway, as she looked at Iori, giving him a wink. Once they reached Professor N'dare's office, he quicky showed them the items they would need. Karra understood most of what he wanted done, and she quikly explained it to Iori. He then sent them off, while he went headed towards the Infirmary isolation area, to talk to Ogre.

Infirmary, Isolation area

N'dare mulled over what he was going to say. From the behavior he had observed eariler, it seemed that Ogre had indeed taken over. But why? The question nagged at him. He didnt want to keep the young man tied down in the medical ward, but while the mansion was vunerable, he didnt want him walking loose either. He pondered the question for a moment. There were forcefields in the isolation area, so for awhile, Gregory could walk about, not being tied down to the bed. And he could even continue his studies, and have visitors until they could have time to finish giving him a complete series of scans.

With a nod, Professor N'dare walked in just in time to hear Gregory ask, "Do I have to stay tied down?"

N'dare gave a slight grin. "Perhaps, I can help you with that, Gregory. If at first, you dont mind me doing a quick scan on you, before I release the restraints." he said with a smile, his dark blue eyes shinning.

TAG: GreyJedi, Master_Vickey

15. LeiaHair

LeiaHair Jedi Master star 4

Aug 9, 2003
    Roxanne Moore "Hourglass"
    Meeting room, Xavier Mansion

"Shhhhh.....it's ok. It's going to be alright." John said softly as he stroked her hair. "C'mon...have a seat, you shouldn't be standing." Ever so gently, John ushered Roxanne to one of the bigger chairs in the room and helped her to sit down. He crouched next to her and held her hand in his, rubbing it soothingly. "It's good to see you up and about..." John said with paternal concern, even as he wiped a tear from her cheek. He then placed his hand under her chin and gently lifted her head so she could see him eye to eye. John smiled at her then. "I have good news for you... He's alive. Erik... is alive. Roxanne, you managed to save Professor Xavier. You did good."

Roxanne shook her head gently. "You don't understand... that's why I'm upset." She swallowed hard and closed her eyes. "I saw it... the end. And... it's my fault. It's all my fault. By... by... by," she started to sob again. No! she thought as she forced herself to stop. "By changing the past to save him... I broke so many laws... of, well... nature... and nature is known for it's vengance."

John started to say something, but Roxanne stopped him by squeezing his hand, which she just realized was in hers. "We can't stop it. It's comming." She looked down, ashamed. A whisper bearly escaped her mouth. "And it's my fault."

TAG: John

16. Darph_Nader

Darph_Nader Jedi Master star 1

Aug 17, 2005
    OOC: Whoa... Sorry, guys... [face_worried] I thought that once the other one got up, this one would lock down... guess I was wrong. Sorry to cause a stink over it. :(

IC HAWK, ELANA WARNER:

Elana tried to stand, but her body had been so taxed by the transformation, he legs gave out underneath her. She felt like screaming, but restrained herself. She would win this thing.

But in the next moment someone spoke softly into her ear, making her jump.

"Do not fear no harm will come from me behind. I will help, but remember this Joy umixed with sorrow is suspect. If help needed just call in two short sounds."

Then silence encompassed the sewer tunnel. Again. Uneasiness welled inside her. What did he mean by "Joy unmixed with sorrow is suspect"? What help was he going to offer?

Meanwhile, Jack was busy with his own situation. Those two cold, red eyes stared back at him through the darkness. It's probably nothing, Jack thought, I didn't get a wink of sleep last night, and the smell down here... that's it - the smell.

But that couldn't explain it away. He had seen a head. Then, a chilling chirping noise was sounded by the creature. Little bursts, that spanned the space of a second. They were quiet, almost curious-sounding.

But a lot of curious things are the most dangerous kinds.

Farther back behind Jack, Elana was still deciding whether or not to answer the voice. She looked down into her reflection in the murky, sewage-filled water below her. The only thing that was anything similar to her original form was here face, and that was a far cry from ordinary. The rough, dark brown-black scales covered her face and body, and the cartilaginous part of nose was nonexistant, the nostrils now located where the bony openings were. Her eyes looked reptilian, complete with a second eyelid. Her hair was gone, with the bony protrusions on her head in place of it, a facsimile of what once was.

She turned to where the voice had come from, and peered into the veil of darkness. She let out a sigh, wanting to see exactly what help this person had.

Two short grunts were emitted from her mouth.

Jack, turning from the creature in front of him, pulled his cell phone out of his pocket, and dialed in Tetsuo's phone number. But the call didn't go through - he couldn't get any signal whatsoever.

The head began chirping again, its squeaks being short and high-pitched. Jack turned around to face the thing. There was something... unsettling about it. The creature then all of a sudden turned and ran away. And the distant sounds gave Jack a good clue as to why.

Jack turned around, and hurried back towards his sister.

TAG: Mtth_Fisto, gj125

D_N :cool:

17. HunterPrime

HunterPrime Jedi Master star 2

Apr 17, 2004
    Lazer and NightFall - Xavier Institute for Higher Learning, Meeting Room

NightFall and Lazer both held an intersting look, as one of the young X-men, barely dressed bust into the room, and still in her medical gown as she rushed John Storm and wrapped her arms around him, then began to cry. Lazer held her hand out to Sage, who took it, just as NightFall's cloak began to expand around them, pulsing as a living creature as it flowed around them. He seemed to grow even taller than he already was.

With a smile, Lazer's light begins to glow brightly now, pushing back the black void of NightFalls cloak, as it completely wraps around them, the image of the mansion fading away into the inky darkness. It is cold here. Lazer's light is now the only reference within the darkness that totally surounds them. Up and down are non existent here. "Where to?" she ask's Sage. "Just say it outloud. NightFall can hear you just fine, cant you?" she says with a smirk.

"Indeed." the deep base voice booms out from the darkness, followed by a deep chuckle. Sage tells them the coordinates. NightFall knows the sewer systems well, and knows of what junction that Sage speaks of. It is hard to guage time within the blackness, when his voice booms out again. "He is not alone. He has a young lady with him, and there is a squad converging on their position." Lazer nods. "Gotcha. Get us close then."

"As you wish." NightFall replies. When the world once again began to appear, Lazer immediately neutralizes her glow, as NightFall cloak opens revealing the dank and dismal setting around them. They step out from the shadows directly alongside Hawk and his companion. NightFall does not step forth, but simply opens his cloak to let them out. He stays within the the shadows, that flow alongside the walls. Realizing that Hawk will not know here, Lazer steps back to keep watch, as she allows Sage to handle getting them to follow. Lazer keeps an eye on her companion. She is worried about what had spooked him eariler.

TAG: GreyJedi125, Darph_Nader, Mitth_Fisto ?

18. greyjedi125

Apr 29, 2002
    This combine is between greyjedi125 and HunterPrime, and as such, it will complete the final chapter in the first installment of the Xavier Institute for Higher Learning RPG.

Westchester Sewer System

Sage established a superficial telepathic contact with both Lazer and NightFall in order to facilitate the missions success, and it was a good thing that she did. Sage was amazed at NightFall's abilities in his 'shadow form'. He was one with the darkness. Between his abilities over all things dark and her telepathy, finding Hawk was a cinch. That he was not alone was no longer a surprise. That one of the other mutants in the area was his sister.....that was a surprise. Telepathy was such a handy tool.

Within moments, NightFall brought them close to Hawk and allowed them to egress. Sage was the first to emerge, following the plan they had. Hawk needed to see a familiar face and she was that 'face'. Sage used her telepathy to minimize any unwanted reactions from Hawk or his sister. She communicated both ways, so all present would be on the same page when she verbally said; "We're all friends here..."

Sage was aware of the other Mutant as well. He felt unlike anything she'd come across before, but also, she felt no malice in him, not more than what was natural and acceptable. "You might want to come with us as well..." she said, opening an invitation, but not pressing the matter. Perhaps the stranger prefered to stay, though it was hard to tell. "There are soldiers coming. You may not want to be here when they...."

Sage's head turn sharply as she felt the soldiers step into visual and recognizable range. Her jaw tightened as she spoke telepathically to her companions.

//Who'd like to take care of them? or should we even bother?//

Lazer was quick to respond, for she knew of NightFall's response. He would want to toss the soldiers like so many sticks upon a fire. He hated 'muntant hunters' with a passion, and he would use his darker tendicies to make them pay.

//Perhaps, a quick departure would be best. Let them think the shadows were playing tricks with them.// she replied hopefully.

NightFall's response was more direct. //Let them come. They will find out why they should fear the shadows.//

Lazer sighed. NightFall was indeed in full mode.

Sage responded immediately to both thoughts.

//We engage them only if engaged....which won't be necessary if I have a say about it.//

A surge of telepathic energy quickly flared and then ebbed. Sage smiled. She didn't have to say a word, since she was not hiding her intentions through the established mindlink. The Raven haired mutant used her mental abilities to confuse the soldiers. They won't be bothering them for awhile.

"Hawk, take my hand." sage commanded as she reached for him. "Don't worry about your claws." she added quickly, even before the boy had a chance to hesitate. "And grab a hold of your sister. We are leaving."

Sage also gave the mysterious mutant mental instructions. If he wanted out, then he'd have to hold on to her other arm, or be left behind.

Lazer one again caused her light to begin to glow around her and the assemebled party, as she held out her hand towards Sage once again. Even as she did, she could feel the dissapointment within NightFall, even if he said nothing. Something was really wrong. She would have to figure out what that might be soon. Lazer gave a soft smile to the assembled mutants, trying to calm their nerves. Her light gave off an aura of warmth and peace, as she nodded to the group. Right now, she kept her mind on the mission, which was to get the others safely back to the mansion. She leaned back slightly, into her partner.

NightFall was silent, staying hidden, even as he stepped forward, to stand behind Lazer. His cloak flared to life once again. It was lucky they could not see his eyes, for they burned with a cold darkness. He c

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.