main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

[Xbox 360|PC] Bioshock *spoilers*

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by DarkPrince, Aug 13, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Master-Fett

Master-Fett Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 25, 2002
    I just played the demo. That game is spectacular. The atmosphere.... the graphics... the gameplay... the LIGHTING! EVERYTHING in that game is stunning. In the beginning when you're swimming around, I didn't move at first because I swore it was a cutscene, the graphics just blew me away.

2. zacparis

zacparis VIP star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 1, 2003
    It maybe nothing, but the website where I've pre-ordered BioShock has taken the money out of my account and the order tracking says it's being picked and packed. [face_thinking]

Considering it's not supposed to be out here until the 24th, I'm a bit surprised.

3. Sith_Lords

Sith_Lords Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 17, 2004
    Site Linx plz

4. zacparis

Sep 1, 2003
    http://www.game.co.uk/default.aspx

I honestly don't know if they're really posting it. The collectors edition I pre-ordered has sold out there, that might have something to do with it.

5. Sith_Lords

May 17, 2004
    I ordered from there. Did you use the 'Summerfun' voucher (£5 off a £30 spend) with your order, just out of interest?

The collectors edition i ordered (couple of days ago) Now says out of stock in the order pane - if i do not get it on day of release I will murder someone/thing.

6. zacparis

Sep 1, 2003
    No, no vouchers, just a normal order. The fact that they've taken the money and tracking my order suggests it's being sent. But then again, since it's sold out, it might just be to stop me cancelling the order.

I guess I'll find out in a few days. :p

7. Sith_Lords

May 17, 2004
    I'll tell you what - if you do get it early I will give you money/sexual favours for the copy. Sound fair?

:p

8. zacparis

Sep 1, 2003
    I'm sure you can wait just a few more days before selling your soul. :p

9. DarkPrince

DarkPrince Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 10, 2005
    That's exactly how I felt when I first played the demo. If they keep up stuff like that throughout the game, this will surely be a masterpiece.

Some reviews were posted and its look like a masterpiece so far...

Eurogame.net: 10/10
    Game Informer Online: 10/10
    Games Radar: 10/10
    IGN: 9.7/10

Gamespot is apparently lazy and doesn't even have a review up yet.

I can't wait to review this game for my own blog.

10. jangoisadrunk

jangoisadrunk Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 7, 2005
    Gamespot is always the last to review everything.

So I pre-ordered BioShock today (very late, I know) at Game Stop. What is weird is that they are taking more pre-orders than they have copies of the game. It's going to suck to have a pre-order only to find that they still don't have a copy for you. I'll be getting there very early on Tuesday.

11. zacparis

Sep 1, 2003
    The Xbox 360 World magazine here gave it 94/10. The only criticisms they have is that below all the hype it's still a traditional FPS, the enemy AI isn't anything new. Apart from that it's a glowing review.

12. DarkPrince

Nov 10, 2005
    I guess that can be true in a sense. Bioshock though is just so completely different and exciting that in my mind its just so much more then a traditional FPS.

13. Sith_Lords

May 17, 2004
    94/10 is a very good score. :p

14. Master-Fett

Sep 25, 2002
    Look at this B*

Look at that. Average score was 9.8, thats an average of TWELVE REVIEWS. And what does GS give it? 9.0... That is B*.

Oh, some of you will get a kick out of this... you know who wrote the review? Jeff. The guy who ****ed up Twilight Princess' review too. Figures.

15. Soontir-Fel

Soontir-Fel Force Ghost star 5

Dec 18, 2001
  16. JediKnight20043

JediKnight20043 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 18, 2004
    I cant see why everyone is so hyped about this game. It doesnt look that good to me. Maybe its just not my kinda game.

Im much more looking forward to assassins creed.

17. Soontir-Fel

Soontir-Fel Force Ghost star 5

Dec 18, 2001
    Yeah you are broken.

18. SoloCommand

SoloCommand Manager Emeritus & GTA Coruscant Developer star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 15, 2001
    QFT
    Everyone says it is better than the best game ever. Therefore, it must be good.

19. timmoishere

timmoishere Force Ghost star 6

Jun 2, 2007
    It's Bioshock. Therefore, it's good.

20. JediKnight20043

JediKnight20043 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 18, 2004
    I may give it a try when I get my new comp. See what its like. I wouldnt be suprised if it is a good game.

I mean I hate Zelda games, and there one of the "best" game series.

21. DarkPrince

Nov 10, 2005

OMG, If you hate Zelda you must hate Nintendo. :eek:

Anyway, picked up the collectors edition not too long ago. i'll be giving the game a run through a little later. i'll be writing my own review on my blog. :)

22. Master-Fett

Sep 25, 2002
    A ton have people said Bioshock is better than the sum of its parts.... it may not look great from what you see, but its SPECTACULAR. I thought the same thing you did before I played the demo... now im dying to get it.

23. timmoishere

timmoishere Force Ghost star 6

Jun 2, 2007
    Well, I got lucky in my Bioshock quest today. My local GameStop ran out of copies earlier this morning, but when I walked in the store about 20 minutes ago, they just got 3 more copies in. So now I have a copy in my grubby little hands!

24. DarkPrince

Nov 10, 2005
    ^ Nice. I played the first hour of it a little while ago and going back to it in a bit. It's definitely interesting. If you don't explore and listen to what's around you; you will definitely not get the full experience of the game.

This is truely something to marvel at.

25. darthspino

darthspino Tucson FF Founding Member star 4

Aug 18, 2001
    So how do they expect me to kill the big daddys to get to the little sister?

Either way, this game is a must own, its pretty creepy and there's never a dull moment

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.