main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

[Xbox 360|PC] Bioshock *spoilers*

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by DarkPrince, Aug 13, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. timmoishere

timmoishere Force Ghost star 6

Jun 2, 2007
    I haven't fought them yet, but I would imagine the armor piercing bullets will do the trick.

2. darthspino

darthspino Tucson FF Founding Member star 4

Aug 18, 2001
    That's what I thought about but didn't get a chance to use them yet.those things are mean and fast.

3. jangoisadrunk

jangoisadrunk Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 7, 2005
    Early on, a good bet it electro-buckshot. Alternately, electobolt then shotgun then run for your life works too.

4. timmoishere

Jun 2, 2007
    Alternatively, since there is no death penalty, you can just rush up and whack him with your wrench a couple times then respawn and do it again. You won't lose any ammo (and trust me, killing one of those suckers takes a lot of ammo and/or EVE), and the only drawback is it takes a long time.

5. jangoisadrunk

Mar 7, 2005
    I don't know, feeling like you are failing while losing all your EVE and first aid kits seems like a death penalty to me.

6. lieutenant_ketch

lieutenant_ketch Jedi Padawan star 4

May 17, 2006
    it was about 10:00 when i finished downloading demo. It was pitch black in my room and when i got to the lighthouse or whatever, I walked andwhen the door closed behind me I turned the system off because I didn't want to scare thecrap out of myself.

7. darthspino

darthspino Tucson FF Founding Member star 4

Aug 18, 2001
    I was just playin it and I did that very thing but noticed I was losing ammo and after I killed him I couldn't find the little sister and then another big daddy popped up outta nowhere.

8. jangoisadrunk

Mar 7, 2005
    Yes, there are more Big Daddies than there are little sisters. That happened to me once too.

9. Boba_Fett_2001

Boba_Fett_2001 Chosen One star 8

Dec 11, 2000
    I'll be honest. I've been hearing about the game for quite a while and I saw it as just another FPS that should be fun enough but all of these reviews, particularly IGN's 9.7 which ties it with Black & White and Half-Life 2 as their highest rated PC games, have gotten me very interested. But I'm quite sure it won't run well on my system. :p

10. Anakin_Sockwalker

Anakin_Sockwalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 11, 2005
  11. Boba_Fett_2001

Dec 11, 2000
  12. timmoishere

Jun 2, 2007
    Why? Consoles are better than PCs for most games.

13. darth_boy

darth_boy Jedi Grand Master star 7

Apr 1, 2001
    I really want to buy it but
    a) FPS on Consoles are meh for me
    b) dont like the fact i can only install it on my pc 5 times, what a load of ****

14. Master-Fett

Master-Fett Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 25, 2002
    Guy, how much console shooting do you actually do? I was soley a PC gamer for years and the second I got an xbox, my aiming improved.

Boy, I'm at the first photography missions, and I'm trying to take pictures of the spider splicers... Its really hard. Up until this point I was totally aware of my surroundings, I knew what went where, how to get there, and where all the ammo and stuff was... but ever since the spider splicers mission started I can't seem to get a grip on where I was.

Looks like the start to a spectacular and a long game though.

15. Anakin_Sockwalker

Anakin_Sockwalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 11, 2005
    So what option you all are doing with the little sisters?

16. timmoishere

Jun 2, 2007
    Console FPS games are really easy to play. It's much easier than PC FPS; I've played Counterstrike before, and precision aiming is a lot tougher with a mouse.

17. jacemathem

jacemathem Jedi Master star 5

Oct 3, 2003
    Best moment so far in BioShock:

I personally won't play the game because I've played System Shock 1 and 2 (so I know how they get you) and I nearly shrieked in pure fright on the first few minutes of the demo. But my friend is a braver soul, and he's got the 360 and I don't. Plus, he's got a giant widescreen HD tv and full surround-sound, so the experience is so much better. Anyways... we have a moment where he's cleared out a number of splicers for a quest for Cohen and he's exploring the last few areas of the deck because we're short a Little Sister. He finds a Big Daddy wandering around from vent to vent but no Little Sister comes out. Hoping for one and expecting a fight, my friend sets a wire trap from a center pillar to a wall... but no Little Sister, and the Big Daddy wanders off elsewhere. So he wanders down this straight narrow staircase into a pretty open room with a large windows and some items in the corner to loot. The only thing we see are few dressing stands to hang clothes off (basically headless, armless mannequins). So he moves forward into the room and steps to the side to look around and when he turns back towards the center of the room... there's a new full-body mannequin, covered completely in plaster, standing in an artistic pose off to his right, near the stairs. He doesn't say anything, but I point out "That wasn't there before..." So my friend points at it and sees the crosshairs turn red. He shoots, and it dies... it was a Spider Splicer. My friend says "That was creepy..." and then moves on into the room to the items in the corner. Having a hunch, I tell him to turn around before he loots and sure enough there were 2 more in the room, a similarly posed "mannequin" where he had just been... and another in a crouching position just inches from where he stood. My friend gets nervous, kills the additional 2 splicers, loots the items and walks quickly towards the staircase, which is behind a wall and goes up and to the right from where he's facing. We both let out a sigh of relief that he was getting out of that room. He then turns up into the dark staircase to see... an angry red-eyed Big Daddy in mid-charge flying down the unlit stairs and smash into him. We both jumped out of our chairs we were so jolted. Apparantly, the Big Daddy upstairs had wandered back into the wire trap my friend set earlier and had found us at the nearby staircase. My friend then runs back into the room to fight the Big Daddy and during the fight, we notice 3 more fake mannequin splicers appear and break pose to join the fight. It was a thrilling intense battle and as soon as it was done, he ran upstairs, found a safe spot, saved, and turned the game off. We both took awhile to catch our breath. It's been days now and I think we're ready to start playing again.
    [face_peace]

18. Ceethreepio

Ceethreepio Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 4, 2003
    A friend of mine and myself bought it Tuesday and we have been playing it when we aren't at work, heck even we meet up we discuss battleplans

19. darth_boy

Apr 1, 2001
    different strokes...
    I just dont like playing FPS on consoles. I love the fact that most PC FPS' have cheats (for people who are crap like me) & i can save the game at any time i want. I just like using a mouse and keyboard alot more.

20. jangoisadrunk

Mar 7, 2005
    Those mannequin splicers sent me running for my life away from Fort Frolic. [face_chicken]

Luckily I was done with the area and just trying to hit a few places I missed in the hopes of finding a Power to the People station. I found the PthP station right quick but then stumbled into those mannequin splicers which caused me to have a mild nervous breakdown, then I ran for my life.

21. moosemousse

moosemousse CR Emeritus: FF-UK South star 6

Oct 3, 2004

22. darth_boy

Apr 1, 2001

23. Lord_NoONE

Lord_NoONE Jedi Master star 5

Dec 17, 2001
    I don't know if I'll ever get around to actually buying or playing this game a lot...though the demo was most impressive. Anyone want to spoil the storyline for me? Send me a pm, please, if you do. Thx.

24. JediKnight20043

JediKnight20043 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 18, 2004
    Darth, what are you talking about that you can only install the game 5 times? Are you talking about the demo or full version.

25. Boba_Fett_2001

Dec 11, 2000
    Some are but a lot can easily be ported to the PC (I'm looking at you Shadow Of The Colossus, 24:The Game, etc). Besides, I don't play a whole ton of newer games.

For those who are wondering about this whole installation thing:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bioshock#Issues_with_SecuROM_activation_and_copy_protection

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.