main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

[Xbox 360|PC] Bioshock *spoilers*

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by DarkPrince, Aug 13, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. darth_boy

darth_boy Jedi Grand Master star 7

Apr 1, 2001
    full.
    5*5 Bull ****

2. JediKnight20043

JediKnight20043 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 18, 2004
    Please explain where you have found that out and where you are getting your game from.

I cant beleive for two seconds that a full retail version of the game can only be installed 5 times, simply because that is against the law.

3. Hammurabi

Hammurabi Jedi Master star 4

Jan 14, 2007
    Boba_Fett already posted the link, but here it is again:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bioshock#Issues_with_SecuROM_activation_and_copy_protection

It's perfectly legal. Copy protection. Apple does it quite a bit.

4. JediKnight20043

Sep 18, 2004
    KK, thank you.

First of all. Youve got it wrong Darth.

You can only reinstall the game 5 times.

If you uninstall the game then you get one install back again.

So effectively you can install it as many times as you want.

5. DarkPrince

DarkPrince Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 10, 2005
    And thus why its better to own a console.

6. DarthBobbalot

DarthBobbalot Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 5, 2002
    ...Who really needs to install this game more than twice or three times anyway? Twice if something goes wrong on your computer, three times if you just uninstall it and after a while decide to install it again to play? So... whats the big deal? Its probably a good idea for anti-pirating.

7. moosemousse

moosemousse CR Emeritus: FF-UK South star 6

Oct 3, 2004
    I started to think that way after I actually read the details on wikipedia. I'd be tempted to install it on more than one computer if I had more than one computer that could run it.

8. timmoishere

timmoishere Force Ghost star 6

Jun 2, 2007
    Not to mention that consoles are a lot cheaper than PCs.

9. Boba_Fett_2001

Boba_Fett_2001 Chosen One star 8

Dec 11, 2000
    If you're buying a PC for the sole purpose of playing games, then you may have a point.

10. timmoishere

timmoishere Force Ghost star 6

Jun 2, 2007
    Exactly. I have my 360 and my Wii for games; I have my PC for the Internet and other programs.

11. DarkPrince

Nov 10, 2005
    PCs for business
    Consoles for pleasure

;)

12. darth_boy

darth_boy Jedi Grand Master star 7

Apr 1, 2001
    i have like 10 computers in the house
    also say if i want to play this game 5, 10 years down the line. what then?

Im happy that I can go pick up Half Life or Doom and still play them.
    This crap wouldnt work.

CON

Who cares if its good for anti pirating. It treats the consumer who paid for it like a criminal. Hence why ill never buy a song from iTunes.

13. jangoisadrunk

jangoisadrunk Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 7, 2005
    This game is great. What I love most of all right now is that each level is HUGE. I'm on Point Prometheus and I would say the endgame has begun, yet that level is just as big as every other one. I love that. So close, yet so far away.

14. Master-Fett

Master-Fett Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 25, 2002
    [image=http://www.tc.umn.edu/~hick0088/images/blog/samwise.jpg]

You're hopeless.

15. Hammurabi

Jan 14, 2007
    Don't get me started. My PC cost about $500 (bought it about a year ago), and it runs Bioshock on high settings, 1280x960 resolution. With a mouse. I understand console gamers... But I also understand why I am not one. There's a lot of things a PC can do that a console simply can't.

16. JediKnight20043

Sep 18, 2004

Well for starters, your licence is only for 1 computer as it is with all software.

However if you felt the need to install it on your first 5 computers you could. And then you could install it on the second 5 computers so long as you uninstall it on the first 5 computers first.

Its a clever device, and it doesnt treat the buyer as a criminal at all.

17. moosemousse

moosemousse CR Emeritus: FF-UK South star 6

Oct 3, 2004
    I find having a good mouse and mouse surface helps. If you want to play with a game pad then you can always plug one in, the 360 controllers are USB and will work with windows with no problems. I've got a controller that's almost identical to a Playstation controller.

18. I_Killed_Mufasa

I_Killed_Mufasa Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 8, 2005
    I'm considering buying a 360 for this game alone. I have a Wii and haven't really owned more than 1 console per generation (I bought an Xbox after my GameCube died), but I'm really tempted by the 360's library of games--plus the Xbox was probably my favorite system ever.

So is it worth shelling out that kind of money for this game?

19. jangoisadrunk

Mar 7, 2005
    For just BioShock, I would say no; however, for BioShock, Halo 3, and Mass Effect, I would say yes.

20. Hammurabi

Jan 14, 2007
    If you're low on Wii games, you might want to just buy Metroid Prime 3 tomorrow.

But if I were to buy a system, it would definitely be the 360. Bioshock, Mass Effect, Gears of War, Halo, Tom Clancy... Quite a library.

21. DarkPrince

Nov 10, 2005
    Hmmm, how can I respond to this? [face_thinking]

It's obvious PCs can do more then what consoles dish out. This debate can and of course will go on forever. There are also a lot of things consoles can do that PCs simply can't. I'll just leave it at that.

22. JediKnight20043

Sep 18, 2004
    Dont forget about GTA IV, Halflife2 Episode 2, Assasins Creed

23. TwiLekJedi

TwiLekJedi Pretty Ex-Mod star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 14, 2001
    I just dl'd and played the PC demo and was surprised that it actually runs. Videos and system reqs always looked a little end of the world like for me ;)
    though I only dared to use medium settings and even then it ran smoother and looked better than, say, Double Agent (also Unreal Engine). My GPU, contrary to my worst fears, did not explode :) Actually I'm a little tempted to try full details now. Though my CPU is probably the more inferior of the two (3000XP/GF6800U)

it does indeed have great atmosphere, a really interesting design and just the demo has like half a dozen pretty creepy moments.

yet, I doubt I'll buy it.

24. Master-Fett

Master-Fett Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 25, 2002
    Bwhaha! I beat the game!

The ending was a bit abrupt, I've had plenty worse endings. Spectacular game.

25. jangoisadrunk

Mar 7, 2005
    I just beat the game. I would have done it sooner but I was laid up with food poisoning for 4 days and couldn't play very much.

I loved the ending (I got the bad one). The final boss was suitably difficult and the ending cinematic was cool as hell. What I didn't like was the lack of movie style end credits.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.