main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF:VIC XBOX or PS2

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by fatboyslim, Aug 23, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lordvaderFF

lordvaderFF Jedi Master star 4

Nov 29, 2000
    "Try playing a fps shooter on a console"

Ever played HALO Lute?

Now THERE is a FPS.

2. SithLord-Mixo

SithLord-Mixo Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 21, 2002
    yeah and it is even better on the PC!

3. The-Lute

The-Lute Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 29, 2002
    HALO?!? A good FPS?!? My god! That's almost as bad as saying NWN's was a good rpg! (it was merely stated because its a hugely popular game)

I'm sorry for my insolence. And for not listing Fallout, and ToEE.
    Syrix, I think the choice of rpg's on console are very poor. True, they sport some very memorable moments, but where in the hell is the freedom! They are the most scripted, linear story-driven games out there. I want to create a character, not just name the damn thing!

As for mouse versus analogue, it's just like PC vs. console. Some prefer either, but you can't deny the accuracy of the mouse, if you miss your targets with a mouse, don't even bother turning on a pc or your not even likely to be able to click on an icon to start a game.

Okay you win one thing, consoles are beter financially. But PC's are much more versatile. Wouldn't you agree Mixo, with your film-editing machine? And my music-studio to complement your fine films?

4. Syrix_Kahl

Syrix_Kahl Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 25, 2001
    lol... actually it blows chunks on the PC.

"PC $1200 new and fast
    Internet capable=$invaluable
    LAN Active=$Such delight
    Application Viable=$You can do anything
    Speed=Outstanding
    Graphics=You will never see better
    On a projected screen=Awesome
    Sound=Consoles are tiny
    Available Games=You have to see it to believe it
    Over all Value+=idiot not too buy
    -Console(avg lifespan 2 years,cost $500 new)
    -PC Upgrade($500 or so new graphics card, maybe CPU $500)
    The sums all add up. "[/]i

Okay... I don't know if I even want to try and understand this. Let me have a look at a few flaws here:

"Internet capable=$invaluable"
    Consoles are now also internet capable, so unless there's something else that you want to add, like maybe the internet is somehow faster on a PC or it give you magical powers or something, I dunno, I'm expecting something like that from you so don't dissapoint me.

"LAN Active=$Such delight"
    Uh. Yep. You can tunnel your consoles and LAN on them too. Maybe this is where you get magical powers from...

"On a projected screen=Awesome"

"Sound=Consoles are tiny"
    just WTH?!

"Available Games=You have to see it to believe it"
    Again... I'm not quite sure what you're getting at here. Having a bigger library of games doe not make something better... look at the PS2.

"PC $1200 new and fast...
    Over all Value+=idiot not too buy
    -Console(avg lifespan 2 years,cost $500 new)
    -PC Upgrade($500 or so new graphics card, maybe CPU $500)
    The sums all add up."

Uh... did you fail maths? Maybe you should ask your parents for a calculator this Christmas. If Consoles have a 2 year lifespan then that means we're long over due for a new Sony, and Nintendo and Microsoft only have a few months to completely build their new machines and get themon the market. Consider that the only news of next-gen consoles is rumours about 2005 release dates I think you're sorely mistaken.

Now, I've tried to be nice, and that obviously hasn't worked. I'm going to lay it out as plain as I can for you.

I think you're an asshat. And I'm almost tempted to drive down there and slap you over the back of the head for being so foolish.

And Rogue... I don't know what you're trying to get at. I don't have an Xbox myself, if you want I can put together some Gamecube shopping lists. As for your little quote... when have I been unjust? Are you saying that I have such a high opinion of myself? of of consoles, that I am overly critical in my judgement on PC's? Let me lay it out for you again.

I own a GCN, GBA, PS2 and a PC. I like to play games. The PC is good for quite a number of games. I prefer the console, as it's games cater more to my liking. The console is also a cheaper option.

I think I might go join PoT outside...

5. Rogue_Product

Rogue_Product Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 12, 2002
    Sarcasm is lost on the web.

Re-read PoT's post.....

6. SithLord-Mixo

Apr 21, 2002
    ohh lets see

Internet capable: yes consoles may be now! finally. But i do say finally and not exactly user friendly.
    Lan Active: Yeah i want to see your console hook up to a switch/hub and link many many users so easily and cheaply. Also allow such ease of sharing files and data
    Sound: Not tiny my mistake...tinny. Not exactly good quality at times
    Games: Yeah lets look at the PS2. So many games and yet so few that you would play
    My maths add up fine. What you pay on consoles to keep them up to date out weighs that of a smart PC user. Also considering that in PC terms the hardware in your console is ancient. The PC is a cheaper option for the overall experience. I cannot find one plus for a console over a PC. The quality is just so much better.
    I dont see you dising Lute's comments. You must fear him

7. __angel__

__angel__ Jedi Youngling star 1

May 8, 2003
    The reason you cant find one plus of a console over a PC is because you're in favour of a PC. Those in favour of the console feel the same.

I like my PC but I only use it for internet and as Im a writing student I use it for typing up stories. Im also interested in graphic design which means I have a lot of programs like Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, PhotoEditor etc, which all take up a ton of memory. I dont use it as a games machine because I dont have space on either my laptop or the family computer to load anything decent and guarantee that I won't have to uninstall it. Usually when I do install stuff it has poor quality graphics, or in the case of my laptop ends up crashing the thing.

So, once more in defence of the console: no installation required. Consoles dont crash.

And this has got to be the longest post I've ever made so I'll wrap it up there even though I could go on and on because I truly cannot be bothered!

8. SithLord-Mixo

Apr 21, 2002
    properly looked after PCs "rarely" crash, but gameplay and versatility do come at a slight price, unlike a console at a big price. The antiquated console is not complex enough to crash

9. Syrix_Kahl

Syrix_Kahl Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 25, 2001
    Oh God, please make it stop. Or failing that, please let Mixo actually read my posts.

Uh, yeah, I can rebutt everything in your last posts, but since all the information can be found over the last two pages anyway, why don't you just re-read my last few posts here.

Case in point, I have indeed "dissed" Lute's comments, on a few occasions now, if I'm not mistaken. However, Lute hasn't been bringing up exactly the same points over and over again (yet).

10. Protege-of-Thrawn

Protege-of-Thrawn Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 14, 2001
    [face_plain] :( :(

Why are you all continuing to nerd up our once great forum?

Stop it, stop it now! :_|

11. Rogue_Product

Jun 12, 2002
    Yeah, we're getting to flaming here. Cahill, do your bloody job and lock this joint.

12. SithLord-Mixo

Apr 21, 2002
    There is no flaming here...only discussion....freedom of speech to all!!!!!

PCs rule

13. The-Lute

The-Lute Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 29, 2002
    Can I add one more point before everyone goes sooky-wah-wah?

Games are cheaper on PC. Between $70 to $90 new. Or $50 to $70 new, if you can bargain at a swap meet! Console games are between $80 to $110 new! It adds up after you buy 5 to 10 games.

And besides: consoles don't have Moonstone or Gothic 2.

14. SithLord-Mixo

Apr 21, 2002
    I AM HEARING U BROTHER LUTE... So even in the cost stakes consoles fail miserably.
    United we stand but divided we fall Lute

For we are quoters of the truth!

15. Mr_Mwindu

Mr_Mwindu Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 25, 2002
    pff have u seen cube prices dude?

new gamecube games start at $19.95 because its being slaughtered in the market. bought nba live 2003 for $33, and metroid prime for $39.95.

seems cheaper to me

16. SithLord-Mixo

Apr 21, 2002
    yes well don't start us on how the Game Cube compares to a PC. We will be laughing for years!!!

Game Cube HA HA AH AHA AHAAHAHA HAHAA HA

17. Rogue_Product

Jun 12, 2002
    Apparently, sometimes PC games don't cost anything....

18. SithLord-Mixo

Apr 21, 2002
    exactamundo dude

19. Mr_Mwindu

Mr_Mwindu Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 25, 2002
    cube kills pc. for price, sound, picture and control. keep laughin dude, ill save my money and enjoy a better games experience. ya feel?

20. SithLord-Mixo

Apr 21, 2002
    you have to be joking!!! The PC has superior all of those points you made!!!
    Its impossible not to be!
    The game cube hardware and architecture is so ancient now...even so , so is the Xbox in comparison, and the PS2..please!!My Atari 2600 has more guts..

21. Jedi_Master_Damir

Jedi_Master_Damir Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 19, 2002
    I agree with TJ on this issue...

22. SithLord-Mixo

Apr 21, 2002
    What r u agreeing to?

23. Protege-of-Thrawn

Protege-of-Thrawn Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 14, 2001
    Huggard = The ONe = God = Northerly = Boonie for President.

24. SithLord-Mixo

Apr 21, 2002
    PoT stay in topic!

25. SithLord-Mixo

Apr 21, 2002
    I can't believe there is silence here

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.