main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

So CO XBOX? PS-2? NGC? PC? Games!!!!

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by Jyro-Kyrn, Nov 10, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jyro-Kyrn

Jyro-Kyrn Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 26, 2002
    Me? XBOX. Love it.

I don't play a lot, but do like talking about what I have been playing. Here is the place where you can too.

I'm currently very close to finishing Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic (KOTOR). It is like a REALLY GOOD Star Wars novel with moving pictures and an "I wanna be light/dark" choose your own storyline. It is so good that I can't stop playing. I was up until 1:00am this morning playing! The story really drags you in and the gameplay and graphics are pretty good as well.

Once finished I will pick up where I left off on Munch's Oddessy. It's odd. Really. I love it. Entertaining, and really challenging game play. I'm about two thirds through it. It is easy to pick up and put down though. You aren't as driven by the story. It's just fun to possess sligs and blow stuff up!

On PC I really only play strategy or adventure. Star Craft was great. All of the Myst series and Syberia. Whatever you do, don't get Schizm! WAY to hard and doesn't make any sense!

So, what do you play?

2. MoD-Sith

MoD-Sith Jedi Master star 4

Aug 28, 2003
    i have a gamecube(THE BEST!!!) and i like to play fps games and rouge squadron. i just beat medal of honor(hella hard) and am currently about to beat metroid prime(best game ever)after about 30 hours of playing it.(thats more than a day)and starfox adventures is too easy for its own good.

3. Jedi_Knight_Birr

Jedi_Knight_Birr Retired RSA star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 27, 2002
    we have a game cube. I dont play it to often. its hard to get a game when half your family uses cheats. Its annoying. i want to get the new rogue one soon.

4. Jyro-Kyrn

Nov 26, 2002
    Yeah the new Rogue Squadron looks pretty cool. I like the ad where you see all of the Tie Fighters coming straight at you.

5. SilverDragon

SilverDragon Jedi Youngling star 2

May 3, 2001
    PS2

save the FPS's for PC. The only way to play them.

See the thread on the Phoenix board to see my thoughts on each system...

6. JediDragon

JediDragon Jedi Master star 5

Mar 11, 2002
    Okay, I have a PS2, GBA, N64, SNES, Genesis, NES, and Atari 7800.

PS2 - Best controller ever. I love this controller, it's just comfortable and symmetrical and it feels nice and natural. The PS2 doesn't have the best graphics of the this generation of consoles, but it has more awesome games than any other system, usually the best gameplay of cross-platform games, AND...it's backward compatible with the PS1. Can't beat the fact that I can play all of my games from my previous generation console on the current one.

Favorite PS2 games so far: Tekken, Mortal Kombat, Sly Cooper, Virtua Fighter 4, FFX (theough I've only played it a little and don't own it), and Devil May Cry. There is an endless list of games that are outstanding that I have yet to play.

N64 - The only reason I have this system is because I got the system with 8 games for $40 from a guy at work. I hate the controller for this system. It's just not natural to me and it feels weird. Of the 9 games the only ones I've played for any amount of time were 007, Perfect Dark, and Mario 64. Mario 64 is the only one I've really liked because as SD said above, we don't like FPS's on console...it just doesn't feel right without the mouse and keyboard.

SNES - Great system. I don't have many games for this now, but it has some awesome games. The SW games are cool, F-Zero, Zelda, Mario Kart, and most of all...CHRONOTRIGGER. One of my all time favorites. This was back when nintendo made a good controller. I guess the new one is good too, but I don't have much experience with it. The N64 controller kind of put me off though.

Genesis - Probably my favorite system ever. The controller is sweet, the games are sweet, and I just love it all around. Mortal Kombat, Sonic the Hedgehog, Golden Axe, and the list continues. This is the system I have played the most BY FAR. Gotta love it.

NES - Great stuff. Paved the way for all of the modern greats. Super Mario 3 is one of my all time favorite games. I could play it forever (also one of the few games I've put in the time to actually beat at one point). There are so many good games for NES I'm not even going to try to list my favorites.

Atari 7800 - This is where it all began for this kid. This thing was great. Pole Position, Dig Dug, Mrs. Pacman, Galaga, etc. Plus this system actually had backward compatibility with the older Atari generations. The only system that seems to have picked up on this and survived since then is the PS2. This was cool about the 7800 b/c my buddy had an older 2600 and I could borrow games from him and play them, but he could only borrow them from me if I happened to buy a 2600 game. Worked out beautifully for me. Unfortunately my Atari is currently hidden somewhere at my parents house and is currently inoperable :(

7. sideshow212

sideshow212 Former RSA star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 3, 2002
    currently, i'm playing soul calibur II for PS2...

but i'm eagerly awaiting final fantasy X-2...

even though it has a certain girly feel to it, i can't help myself! :eek:

damn you final fantasy! why must i buy everything you make! ;)

8. JediDragon

Mar 11, 2002
    admit it josh...the girly feeling you get from it is the REASON you're buying it! Let your inner feminine side free!

*explativedeletedb/coftermsofservice*

[face_devil]

9. MoD-Sith

Aug 28, 2003
    the rougue squadron three is way to easy. i beat it in less than a day as with clone wars. but they are both worth it for the multiplayer. and clone wars is very cheap, its like 25 bucks. and i really want return of the king. and the fps games should be left to gamecube because they all egt multiplayer*cough* medal of honor*cough*

10. JediDragon

Mar 11, 2002
    lol, you don't think there are any medal of honor games on pc? You don't think you can play multiplayer on pc? The thing about playing others online w/ FPS is that you get to see everything FULLSCREEN instead of just half of it. the controls for FPS is better on PC...hands down.

I agree about the multiplayer for Clonewars though...it's like Twisted Metal Star Wars edition, it kicks arse!

11. Darth-Horax

Darth-Horax Force Ghost star 6

Aug 22, 2001
    XBox takes all...especially the sports games, which are basically all I play. My bro in law has the game cube, but it doesn't hold a candle to the xbox, and the game play is so weird...it keeps changing views on me while running, so you can never see what you're looking at. I'd rather see where I'm going than what I look like...crazy game cube.

12. Moka

Moka Jedi Padawan star 4

May 16, 2002
    X-Box is a great system, don't get me wrong, but I hate, I HATE, the X-Box controllers. I've gotta say that PS2 is my fav, for the controllers and the sheer volume of great games. Two I'm looking forward to are: Baldurs Gate: Dark Alliance 2 (the first one was awesome, with two player cooperative gameplay), and The Return of the King.

13. Jyro-Kyrn

Nov 26, 2002
    I agree on the XBOX controllers. Not the most comfortable. I need to get one that has the fans in it too.

14. Imperial_Birrer

Imperial_Birrer Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 10, 2003
    I have a personal prefernce for the N64 controler dur to my large hands.My hands cramp up with smaller controllers.

15. JediDragon

Mar 11, 2002
    I don't like the 64's controller either *shrug*

16. MoD-Sith

Aug 28, 2003
    pc games are fun. i was hinting about meadal of honor frontline for ps2. it has no multiplayer. which is super homeosexual

17. JediDragon

Mar 11, 2002
    ah, gotcha. didn't understand because you responded to me saying that FPS should be left to PC...

18. MoD-Sith

Aug 28, 2003
    i am terribly sorry bout that. i do that alot. pc multiplayer games are fun, such as halo, age of empires, starcraft, and jedi-outcast.

19. JediDragon

Mar 11, 2002
    I'm crossing over to the GameCube side (well, not really, I'm keeping my PS2) saturday...going to get Mario Kart and Rebel Strike. After that probably Zelda or something.

20. MoD-Sith

Aug 28, 2003
    GAMECUBE RULES!!!! rebel strike is not all that good when you are on the ground, but the flying is awesome, especially when you get to use the jedi starfighter. and i have yet to play mario kart

EDIT: you also need to get bounty hunter and metroid prime.

21. Jedi_Knight_Birr

Jun 27, 2002
    Im thinking of getting that thing for the game cube that lets you play gameboy games. i want to play mario three on TV again.

22. MoD-Sith

Aug 28, 2003
    doesn't that come free with gamecubes now. if it does i am really pissed, but it would be cool to have.

23. JediDragon

Mar 11, 2002
    no, it doesn't. it's like $50

JKB: I still have Mario 3 on NES... :D

also, I suck at flight sims, so this Rogue Squadron II: Rogue Leader isn't that fun yet :( Maybe once I get better...then when I beat that I'll move on to Rebel Strike.

24. Jedi_Knight_Birr

Jun 27, 2002
    you still have the NES?? i want to get one of those so bad. i miss playing games on that system.

25. JediDragon

Mar 11, 2002
    oh yeah, I have every generation of Nintendo system now except the NES toploader! :D

er, I guess I don't have the original gameboy, but if a system is backward compatible, there's no point (I have the GBA).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.