main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

XBox Vs. Gamecube.. Which has a better future and current games..

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by Constipated_Cow, Mar 11, 2002.

?

XBox Vs. Gamecube.. Which has a better future and current games..

Poll closed Mar 22, 2012.
  1. XBox

34.1%
  2. Gamecube

58.4%
  3. I'm gay!

7.5%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediMaster22

JediMaster22 Jedi Knight star 8

Oct 15, 1999
    In actuality, some of the games I mentioned above (Daredevil, hidden Dragon) are being planed for GC as well, BUT releases LATER than PS2 does!

2. JediMaster22

Oct 15, 1999
    Ok, you want my opinion on XboX?

It's basically a really Powerful computer, and since most of it's games (Minus a few Dead Or ALive) are on PCs anyways, why do you need it?

My verdict is: PC, PS2 (then Xbox, GameCube), and since PC and Xbox are really similar, I don't need the XboX, just the PC will DO. If they don't make particular XBox games for PCs, just tell them to make it for PS2. Between PS2 and GC, I choose U PS2!

Nothing of that childish Pokemon stuff from GC... Bah

Only if you desperated need GC, then get it.

However, I wonder what games they have for GC are even better than PC, PS2 ones

3. jacensky315

jacensky315 Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 29, 2002
    Gamecube is jsut the best. No qs asked.

4. JediMaster22

Oct 15, 1999
    Based on what? If on System Specs, I think Xbox wins that Dept.

If on #s of Games, as I said PS2 is the MOST, period. And don't fotget PS2 plays PS1 as well. Can GC do that with a G64? NO!!!

Without Offense :) I'd like to poll those who like GameCube's ages Vs. PS2s.

5. trav571

trav571 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 20, 2002
    Game Cube may not play 64 games but game boy advanced can play game boy games and game boy advanced can be used as a Cube controller.

6. trav571

Jun 20, 2002
    And so what if ps2 has more games. Nintendo has less because there developers take there time to make better games. I would rather have less games that r good then more that suck or r just O.K. Game Cube also has tons of mature games and I gave u a whole list on the other page. Thats y I hate x Box fans they think game cubes for little kids when it really for all ages making it the best.

7. trav571

Jun 20, 2002
    Nintendo does have a lot of kids games but it does have a good share of T and M games and some of those little kids games can be fun and thats what counnts, plan and simple.How fun it is! Fun,Fun,Fun and thats what gamecube is fun for all ages

8. JediMaster22

Oct 15, 1999
    Alright, Recommend me some games, that's Adventure like, GREAT graphics, and it can't be a war game/FPS game. And NO kiddie cartoon characters like Link/Mario/Pokemon/, must be well rendered!!!

9. trav571

Jun 20, 2002
    Duke Nukem, turok, star fox, star wars, metroid

10. arabiansanchez

arabiansanchez Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 17, 2001
    PLUS Perfect Dark,
    numerous sports titles,
    1080 2 (It's Nintendo so it gets a special mention),
    Resident Evils,
    Eternal Darkness: Sanitys Requiem,
    New Devil May Cry-esque project from Capcom.

16 here btw JediMaster and a Nintendo nut.

11. portman_is_so_fine

portman_is_so_fine Jedi Master star 4

Apr 28, 2002
    im an xbox fan but i dont think gamecube is for little kids. i have one myself.

12. trav571

Jun 20, 2002
    Thats the kind of x box fan I don't mind

13. JediMaster22

Oct 15, 1999
    >Duke Nukem, turok, star fox, star wars, metroid <

None of these games interestes anyMORE! Expect Star Wars...

Xbox Has more Star Wars games than GC, as far as I know.

14. kniredark87

kniredark87 Jedi Youngling

Jul 5, 2002
    all of x box's games r just remakes of ps2's. so gamecube would have more. XBox:eek:bi-wan Gamecube:rogue leader clone wars bounty hunter

15. Boutros-Boutros

Boutros-Boutros Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 5, 2001
    So when comparing the two system's Star Wars games, for the Xbox you only include console exclusive games that are already out, but for GameCube you include any game, even non-exclusives that haven't yet been released?

A better list might read:

Xbox:
    Star Wars Galaxies: An Empire Divided
    Star Wars Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast
    Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic
    Star Wars Jedi Starfighter
    Star Wars Obi-Wan
    Star Wars Starfighter Special Edition

Gamecube:
    Star Wars Bounty Hunter
    Star Wars Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast
    Star Wars Rogue Squadron II: Rogue Leader
    Star Wars: The Clone Wars

Or if you only want to include console exclusives (current and future):

Gamecube:

Xbox:
    Star Wars Obi-Wan

16. pat-fett

pat-fett Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 17, 2001
    Thought I might add that rumor has it Rogue Squdron 3 is in the works.

17. portman_is_so_fine

portman_is_so_fine Jedi Master star 4

Apr 28, 2002
    also gamecube isn't getting the new indiana jones either.

18. JediMaster22

Oct 15, 1999
    Which GC game has the complicated puzzles?

19. arabiansanchez

Nov 17, 2001
  20. Miin_Bodenna

Miin_Bodenna Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 7, 2002
    I think we are all forgetting the most anticipated realease for Xbox...Halo II!! :)

And then other games like the 2 LotR games, Mech Assault, The Matrix, both Rainbow 6's, Tom Clancys Splinter Cell, KotoR, and Ninja Gaiden...Xbox has an awsome line up in my eyes.

I do like games coming out on PS2 and GC...and i am very jealous that we don't get Bounty Hunter. But i think you have to try the systems and then choose...not just by stats or hardware.

21. darth_melvin

darth_melvin Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 18, 2002
    <<Or if you only want to include console exclusives (current and future):

Gamecube:

Xbox:
    Star Wars Obi-Wan
    >>

Yeah, and if you have a PC, you'll get KOTOR in the Spring 2003. So unless you have a jones for Obi-Wan, there's no reason to get the Xbox.

AND - Xbox also won't get Bounty Hunter or Clone Wars, coming out on the Gamecube. So if your a Star Wars fan, it's Gamecube.

(AND - even if you have a PC, you can't get Metroid, Zelda or Mario - all Gamecube exclusives. All the "kiddie" stuff is rubbish - dark lighting and blood and gore do not a mature game make - It's awesome design and smooth gameplay. Miyamoto rocks - the George Lucas of video games imho.)

22. TheWampas1138

TheWampas1138 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 2, 2002
    No reason to get the X-box if you already have a PC? ... Yeah, unless you want your X-box to still be up to date in six months.

All of this console bashing is rather silly. You can argue which is better, but I think saying that one of them sucks is a rather baseless arguement.

Gamecube has excellent surface mapping, a good quick graphics processor. Other advantages? Strength of first party games, price, capabilities with Gameboy Advanced. Its weaknesses? Small disks mean either multiple disks, or smaller games. No hard drive, no built in modem. The controller lacks two genuine analog sticks. And games are slowly trickling in, but they are coming and they look good.

X-box is a beast of a machine. It has the most powerful of all the console graphics processors, has a built in modem and hard drive. Plus you can store your songs on there and some games will let you use your soundtracks. Also, developers say it is easy to work with. Last, but not least, all online games should go through its server, meaning you don't have to have a separate service for each game, unlike with a PS2. Disadvantages? So far not a very strong first party list. It also hasn't garnered all of the third party support it could have.

Both systems offer a strong future library, and they will probably share a lot of games. But you will never see some of Nintendo's stuff on PC, where you might with X-box. However, you won't be able to play Galaxies on your GC.

23. Kartanym

Kartanym Jedi Knight star 6

May 23, 2002
    To keep the story short, never, ever argue that one console is better then the other. Trust me, I came from the Sega vs Nintendo era, and now I support both. In the same way I support all three major consoles. Why? Because they are all important. Each has a claim to be the best, while each has flaws. But that's no reason to choose a favorite. Just look at some of the titles in the pipeline. Halo 2, Devil May Cry 2, Mario Sunshine, Metroid Prime, Unreal Championship, Splinter Cell, Tekken 4, should I go on? Don't argue over one, get them all and enjoy the best of all worlds. Trust me, you won't regret it :)

24. arabiansanchez

Nov 17, 2001
    Unfortunately we don't all have a constant flow of cash.

25. Kartanym

Kartanym Jedi Knight star 6

May 23, 2002
    to be honest, neither do I.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.