main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Xena & Hercules -the tv shows!

Discussion in 'Archive: SF&F: Films and Television' started by EDKRIEG, Jan 4, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ComicDiva

ComicDiva Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 27, 2004
    They were great shows in their day, but they literally butchered the mythology. :(

In season 1 of Xena she goes to troy. In season 2 she meets Caesar. The Trojan war and the roman civil war were thousands of years apart!

2. Drac39

Drac39 Force Ghost star 6

Jul 9, 2002
    Autolycus needed a spin off
    [image=http://www.whoosh.org/issue85/graphics/autolycus.jpg]

Ohh how I love Bruce Campbell

3. Star_Angel

Star_Angel Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 18, 2006
    I love Xena, and Hercules as well, even if I have to admit that I like Young Hercules better then the grown up one.

*Walks away while sinning, ?Joxer the mighty, never get the fever, he?s stronger then a beaver??*

4. JediPrettyBoy

JediPrettyBoy Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 10, 2005
    Both shows sucked.

I like Sam Raimi and he appears to be a talented up and coming director, and these shows are like guilty pleasures/addictive television, but those shows are his "Piranha 2: The Spawning".

I look forward to seeing much more interesting works by him in the future, just as we have seen James Cameron make one of the most ridiculous sequels of all time, and then, turn around a make some very good, interesting, and most memorable movies of all time.

5. ComicDiva

ComicDiva Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 27, 2004
    Hercules and Xena were campy. And you can't be campy if you're not bad, but you can be plenty bad without being campy.

That being said, there is nothing wrong with a bit of campiness. Xena and Hercules never took eachother seriously! They never pretended to be the greatest shows on television. Sam Raimi has a wonderful sense of humor, and I think these shows did well for him. He learned to appreciate television fans.

Hey, anybody else remember this moment?

"You're with her now [referring to Gabrielle], I handled you all wrong, I know that. She knew what you needed - unconditional and unselfish love and I couldn't give that to you. But I appreciated you in ways she never could. Your rage, your violence, your beauty. When you sacrificed yourself for others, you were hers, but when you kicked ass you were mine."

I swear my heart broke right then and there. That Kevin Smith was a great actor, and a great person. Did you know he died a few years ago?
    :(

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.