main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Phx Xenomorpheus, aka, AZLineUp, aka, Jody, coming back into the light.....

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by Xenomorpheus, Sep 20, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Xenomorpheus

Xenomorpheus Jedi Youngling

Nov 3, 1998
    After several months out of communication I am now coming back to something resembling humanity.

After the event, I felt that I failed everyone because most of the people I relied on for equipment, services, and monies all failed to provide any type of support whatsoever. I tried to manage the best I could but I still failed in that respect. I think that the only reason the event was any type of success is due to the hard work and dedication of our volunteers. And I truly believe in my mind that the only reason we had dedicated volunteers is because of the very long-term dedication of one of your own, Josh, aka sideshow.

I had been out of steady employment for a year before the event and my funds were already wearing thin. During the event I took on the financial burden that our sponsors were supposed to take on. Since I had promised to make the event free I stood by my pormise and ate the debt even though some of you offered to pay some monies.

This, piled on with my bill collectors calling, the lack of a job or any promise of one, and the realization that I may lose everything I own, put me into a depression that I didn't acknowledge until just recently.

I must apologize to everyone because of this and my actions, or lack thereof and hope all of you can forgive me. I take full responsibility for what happened and will continue to pay for the outstanding expenses of the event.

I look forward to becoming a part of this community again as well as the DSG and hope that you will accept me back. I understand if some of you have grievances about anything that happened, and I do want to make ammends.

Again, I would like to thank all of our volunteers, administrators, and most of all sideshow for supporting the event as well as your fellow fans. That speaks a lot about you and am proud to have worked with you all.

Humbly Yours

Jody Stuart
    Xenomorpheus
    AZLineUp

P.S. As of 2 days ago I became gainfully employed as the Systems Administrator by a steadily growing institution. That is how I was able to make peace with my depressiona and the biggest weight has risen off of my chest.

2. Diesel_Dave

Diesel_Dave Jedi Padawan star 4

May 16, 2002
    Hello padawan!

*reads more*

Welcome back to the the land of the living! :p j/k

You are not, check that, where not in an unfamiliar situation. I may be there in a couple weeks. Only time will tell there.

But hey, that's the past and the happy memories shall and must prevail.! :D

Now go to bed so you can get to work! :p

You and Josh are some of the mutlitude of happy memories. (Hey Channel 3 will be here at 7:00!) I have of the event. Your efforts where not in vein and appreciated.

See ya around the boards and at the events.

Dave.

p.s. don't forget to strech out your fingers after typing so much! :p

3. MexChewie

MexChewie Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 19, 2002
    I was not at the line as long as I wanted so from my pov you did not do anything to offend me. I did get the sense you were a bit distant, now I know why. No worries, i was that way 1.5 year ago and unfortunately will be that way in 2 weeks unless the interview I just had provides good results, for which I am hopeful but if not, I have backups.
    Anyway, glad to have you back. If any people had or have difficulties with you, hopefully you can sit down and work out those problems. If not, then let's party!

4. kreleia

kreleia Jedi Knight star 5

Dec 14, 2000
    Welcome back Jody. :) :) **hugs**

5. LORDPARSEC

LORDPARSEC Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 5, 2002
    Good to see you again Jody! Welcome back!

LP :D

6. DarthFeldman

DarthFeldman Jedi Padawan star 4

May 16, 2002
    JODY! JODY! JODY!

Hey, hows Chewie doin?

you didnt eat him during your financial hardships did ya?

7. Ion_Control

Ion_Control Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 23, 2002
    *hugs Xenomorpheus*

People are coming back! :) Yay! :D

8. Jedi_Wench

Jedi_Wench Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 8, 2002
    Can't wait to get to know you! :D

9. sideshow212

sideshow212 Former RSA star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 3, 2002
    bro!

i didnt know what happened to you after the line, although i had some idea of your jobless situation.
    so freaking happy for you that you got a job! right on!~

as for me, i thought that all in all, the line went over pretty well. NO event goes off without a hitch, and i agree 100% that the volunteers did make it work! so, don't sweat it, and lets get ready for episode III!!!

welcome back!

10. Darth_Moridin

Darth_Moridin Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 15, 2002
    Jody, thanks for all you did for the lineup. I had no idea things were as bad as all that. I don't think you'll come accross any hard feelings here (unless you count the ones that think you should have gotten back here sooner) :)

11. aztrooper0013

aztrooper0013 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 27, 2002
    Welcome back, Jedi Bi--...Nah. Welcome back, brother! :)

We really missed you at CopperCon, man!

<whisper> Youse needs ta git these young upstart Jedi in line, eh?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.