main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Sac, CA XxX: State of the Union, Deadpool's Set Journal.

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by Deadpool, Oct 4, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Deadpool

Deadpool Jedi Youngling star 4

Mar 22, 2002
    Who'd think I'd be in a movie with XXX in the title and get to keep my clothes on (well on screen anyway)?

XxX: State of the union (aka XxX 2)

The Deadpool Set Diary of an Extra:

Saturday Morning:

7am: Left home and headed for Alameda with Franklin in tow. My head is chilly, now shaved down to a ?High and Tight? Military cut.
    Arrived 8:45, nearly a full hour earlier then my 9:30 call time. (I wasn?t sure about the travel time, better to be safe then sorry)
    The location is the USS HORNET aircraft carrier. All I can hear in my mind is Chekov from Star Trek.
    ?Admiral. We have found the nuclear wessel.?
    (the area is full with other shipping vessels as well)
    The ship has fighters on the deck. There is fake tanks around as well (made of wood mostly, but they look real until you get right up on them)

The area is in full movie set mode. Production and Catering trucks, etc.

We get fed a nice breakfast and hang out waiting for it to all start.

10:30: I?m now in my Marine corp wardrobe?and my boots are killing me. (nearly everyone had boot troubles)

I?m sent back to the holding area to await more fun. I somehow become the official Extra?s Photographer and I help every take pics of them and their buddies by the fake tanks and real Military trucks. I was happy to it. I had thought to bring my camera but thought it would be a big no no..as it turns out?more then half the people out there had cameras, not a peep of trouble. (I guess xxx 2 aint a well kept secret) I?ll be bring my camera out there for my next day (which is suppose to be an all night shoot tonight)

11:30: We get marched down to props. I wait in line for 40 minutes and they run out of gear. I get no props. (real life is similar)

We get marched back to holding. I?ve got two big arse blisters on each heal. This is going to be a long day.

12:10: Marched back to the props for weapons. Again I get none. But on the way I see Ethan Embry, which is odd since I haven?t seen his name on the cast list.

We run through drills on how to be Marines from some ex-marines for little while.

1:30: We march onto the USS HORNET (now named the USS ANDREW JACKSON)
    The hanger is full of Humvees, Tanks (fake and real) missles, trucks, all kinds of fun stuff?.oh and camera equipment.

And then we wait some more.

By this time the blisters on my heals are torn and the size of a quarter.
    I get some stuff from the crew medic and patch myself up. Still the painful but better.

2:30: First shot of the day gets ready to roll.

I?m so far in the back I?ll be a little green dot. We film off and on for the next 4 hours. Basically it?s us running back and forth in the back looking like were going to war.

At 6:30 we break for Chow.

7:45: Back on the ship and ready to film.

WE get another scene down and they clal for us to switch places?great now I get some near the camera time in. before lone they re-call us and say ?nope sorry go back the the distant background? ?well being me I decided to play sneak. I stayed upfront and got to kick it with the director (Lee Tamahori)
    and the camera crew as they huddled up around the monitors and talked about the next shot.

I keep playing sneak and I stay in the forground of the shot. Nobody said a word?.So I increased my chances of being seen in the thing at least.

After that was done I snuck to the next foreground shot where they were filming actress Sunny Mabrey. (she seems very nice by the way?oh and hot)

After that I went back to the background (not wanting to push my luck any farther for now), where I can hear the second unit crew blowing stuff up on the deck of the ship (really)

So for the next few hours I ran in circles and waited between shots.

10:00: back in holding area, rumor has it we are filming all night now. My feet are goo now, and my body is sore.

10:30: They decide to let us go home.
    Thank the maker.

I?m off to do more shooting for an all night shoot tonight, and I?m off work tomorrow. So I?ll update this later.

On a side note:

2. Lord_Darth_Vader

Lord_Darth_Vader Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 13, 2001
    No worries bro ... we will hook up on the next gig. Then we will own the set! ;)

Besides the boot troubles, it sounds like you are having fun though. That is great! Keep us posted!

3. crutag-ventor

crutag-ventor Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 29, 2002
    All that work and it?ll probably get cut, oh the movie business.

Glad your having fun! ;)

4. TionneHawk

TionneHawk Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 28, 2002
    Sounds like a great bit of fun,lads! ;)

Guess who's in an internet cafe in Dublin!?!?! ME!!!! Details to follow!

5. Deadpool

Mar 22, 2002
    Deadpool?s set Journal #2

Well I'm home from my tour of duty. I was there to kick arse and chew bubble gum...and I ran outta gum.

Another fun day on the set. My last day me thinks. My feet are hamburger. Complete with toe cheese.

Day 2

Awoke 5am. Went to work (at my normal job not the set) I left work @ 11:00 to head to the set.

Arrived on set @ 1:00pm, it?s freezing out there on the water?brrrrrrrr
    got signed in and into my Marine outfit?.I swear these boots were cursed by a witch.

I get selected for full combat gear today. (that?s a win/lose thing: win because coolness..lose because heavy uncomfortable). I get my gear (which included Helmet with goggles, combat vest with fake hand grenade and various other fake stuff in pockets).

2:00: I?m back in the extras holding tent having a corn-dog Boo YAH! Go Marines!

2:30: were marching to the ship. They are handing out rifles to guys in gear. It?s kinda funny really. They hand you a gun and then you run up the stairs and gangplank to the ship?it?s like ?Here?s a gun boy, go kill something?

The scene is set up with tanks and humvee?s again but none are moving this time. A stack of crates is surrounded by a dolly track and the director and cast are getting ready. I get the nice easy assignment of walking fast behind the actors and around the back of the tank. I?m clearly in shot for a few seconds. (naturally I kept checking to make sure my pants were buttoned?.not ready for that kind of premiere)

They shoot this scene for the next hour and half or so before getting it right. Then they send all the extras to the far end of the ship to hang out. Took the time to take a bunch of pics and kick back in a humvee and a tank for a spell.

About 4:30 they line us up and send us back to the holding tent. On my way out I notice the Apollo Space Capsule under the tarp. (The USS hornet was used to retrieve The Apollo capsules when the splashed down) I didn?t get a chance to go back and get a pic : (

We return to the holding tent and hang out?for hours..and hours?and hours. A bunch of us get bored and start taking some fun pics with the props we?ve got?at least till the real police show up. (boys will be boys) good thing we had to leave the M-16s back on the set.

The place is like a real military unit. Every girl that goes by gets checked out (as if these guys were really out to sea for a long time).

We get served chow at 7:30. (Fish, Roast Beef, Taters, Etc?good food) They tell us to hang tight and we?ll be back on the set soon.

Looks like it?s about to rain. And it?s getting colder.

One of the unit directors pops out with a guitar and a sing along starts. This is getting strange. Inside the tent a guy with a laptop and some speakers is mixing tunes and guys are wrapping.

I?m watching the ship as they lit a tank on fire and drive it around when I look to my left and there a guy doing these stretching exercise that I can only describe as well..he looked like spider-man on angel dust. He was rolling all over the ground.. Skittering around like a spider. I make a joke about the fish being bad.

Hours pass.

There?s nowhere to be comfy. The chairs sucks. The ground is hard. And my feet are hurting bad. (not complaining just makes time pass really slow when you?ve got no happy place)

Even more Hours pass.

10:30: Gunfire can be heard on the ship as they continue to film without us on the deck. Everyone runs out side for a peak.

11:30: The 1st unit director comes in and wants all squad 2 Marines (I?m 3rd Squad) to go to set.

12:00am The Marines are sent back not needed after all.

12:45am: They call all of us to go to the set. I get my gun back and I head on up.

The scene is similar. Round dolly track for the camera, the scene focuses on the main buy guy?s right hand man as he barks orders into a walkie talkie (oh did I mention I?m basically a henchman to the bad guys in this thing?..yup I?m a pawn to evil) for whatever reason the ship is on fire and it?s total chaos. I get the very uber cool assignmen

6. Lord_Darth_Vader

Lord_Darth_Vader Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 13, 2001
    Very cool play by play brother. Sounds like we are going to see you on the silver screen!!

7. Deadpool

Mar 22, 2002
    The release date is so far 05/13/2005. but with a certain other film hitting screens close to that time..who knows.

Oh also I got my hands on a call sheet, and script page set. they are filming at a nearby hospital as well at some point this week as well.

I'll be scanning some stuff and putting it on disc to send to LDV to host for me.

It's been fun, it would have been more fun with LDV or some other Fanforcers on the set. next time.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.