ON Y.J.N. wins best group in the SFX EXPO masquerade contest!!!

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by YoungJediNiagara, Aug 25, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. YoungJediNiagara RSA Emeritus FF Canada

star 4
    What a long night!!! But it paid off in the end. With a total of 66 costumed entries in the masquerade, Y.J.N. is proud to announce, "We walked away with the Best Group award."
    I would also like to thank The Toronto Long Line,and the 501st Squadron, for being there to meet us, and for making us feel welcome. (Sorry we missed the dinner!) Send me your email addresses and I'll forward all the pictures we took to you.
    We had more people taking pictures of the 15-20 of us, than the actors themselves. Great costumes everyone, Y.J.N. hopes to meet with you again, real soon.
  2. Han_YoungJediNiagara Jedi Master

star 3
    That was sooo fun. I got it on tape. It was real cool when Boba Fett came on stage and there was a huge applause.

Now what to do next year?
  3. BobaFett_YJN Jedi Master

star 4
    Yes it was cool when everyone cheered for ME! I'll be sure to post tons of photos as soon as I get them developed.
  4. TragicLad Jedi Master

star 4
    Nice to see you again Chris and to meet some of the others. Don't worry 'bout the dinner. Dinner comes every night, masquerade is but once per con. But congrats on winning! It was well deserved, you had great costumes.

Looking forward to seeing those pics. :)
  5. THEREALSHMII Jedi Master

star 4
    So much to do in one day...It was nice to be able to put faces to all the names. I hope to see you soon. I really wish it hadn't been so busy soi we could have gotten to know you better. Definetely come up next time we do something. September is going to be quieter as a lot of our members are going away to school, but surely we'll have a night out.

Congrats on the group award. Can you post your pic to the net? Or maybe put them on your webpage for prestige?

It's too bad you couldn't make it for dinner. A couple of the actors did show up by the way. Thanks for coming with us to deliver the invite. I saw Chris out of the corner of my eye snatch up Peter Mayhew's card. I could believe he was giving them out! I'll post the pics in the next couple of days.
  6. BobaFett_YJN Jedi Master

star 4
    It was great to meet you too, Shmi. Be sure to check the Past Events section of our site to see all the photos http://fan.starwars.com/youngjediniagara/pastevents.html There are also a few pics of the 501st there. We have quite a few more coming! I have my work cut out for me...
  7. Mert_Skywalker Jedi Master

star 4
    Hey hey! Congrats guys! Sorry I couldn't go due to uncontrollable circumstances, but you all have worked real hard on those costumes, and deserved to take home the prize.
  8. YoungJediNiagara RSA Emeritus FF Canada

star 4
    That's OK "Mert"!!!
    Have you found out if you're coming to Darien Lake with us on the 8th of September?
  9. Mert_Skywalker Jedi Master

star 4
    Well, I can't make any promises, but I'll do my best to get back to ya by Monday.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.