main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Yaddle and the Jedi Purge: Who was she and what happened to her?

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Zedd-Vega, Jun 3, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zedd-Vega

Zedd-Vega Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 13, 2003
    A fanfic idea came to me moments ago, thinking over what Jedi Masters were not mentioned or seen during the Jedi Purge itself. One such Jedi, the mysterious Yaddle, the female Yoda-like figure, stood out in my mind.

So I came to thinking, who is Yaddle? And I wanted to know more about her other than what was put on starwars.com.

Does anyone happen to know what happened to her during the Jedi Purge, or who she was before the Jedi Purge?

Thanks in advance.

Zedd-Vega

2. jedi_of_ennth

jedi_of_ennth Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 1, 2005
    Yaddle died in Jedi Quest #6: The Shadow Trap by Jude Watson. It's been a long time since I read that book, so I'm not clear on the details of her death, but the book also includes some background information on her. :)

3. Brant_Flir

Brant_Flir Jedi Padawan star 4

May 30, 2005
    Yaddle link:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yaddle

Wikipedia also has info on lots of other stuff Star Wars if you look around.

4. Drabbo_Fett

Drabbo_Fett Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 5, 2003
    Actually, Yaddle didn't exist. She was just Yoda in a wig. For times when the two of them had to be seen together, she was played by Yoda's pal Bob Zmuda. :p

5. Zedd-Vega

Dec 13, 2003
    I've been around Wikipedia a few times. Didn't think of checking there for Yaddle.

But from what I'm reading there, it says it is unknown whether or not she survived the purge.

What other Jedi Masters/Knights were never mentioned to have died in any form of Star Wars related literature during the Purge? I'd like to know so I could get a Fic going on one of them. It wouldn't matter which one as long as I had some decent informational sources.

6. Brant_Flir

May 30, 2005
    That Wikipedia article might have been written before that book was realeased, or written by someone who hadn't read it. If you want to get the real stuff i would stick with starwars.com, but you said you wanted more info.

7. lazykbys_left

lazykbys_left Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 17, 2005
    What other Jedi Masters/Knights were never mentioned to have died in any form of Star Wars related literature during the Purge?

Well, there's Jedi Purge Survivors: The List over in Literature, but it's just a list of known survivors.

Why not make up your own Jedi? You'd have more freedom that way.

- lazy

8. Zedd-Vega

Dec 13, 2003
    Well, I hope to get it published if I have enough time to start/finish it. I want it to be as canon as possible without any error and bring it up to one of the SW publishers like Del Rey or someone.

9. lazykbys_left

Feb 17, 2005
    Um . . .

You probably know this already, but writing for Star Wars is by invitation only. First you need to become a published author of your own original work, and then maybe they'll ask you to join. By that time, however, there's always the chance that your fic will contradict other publications that have been written in the meantime. Or they might look at your story outline and say, "Sorry, but we're not looking for stories in that era."

That said, why do feel that you are restricted to characters that have already been introduced? I don't remember the numbers, but at the time of AotC there were thousands of Jedi in the GFFA. Any of them might have survived the Purge (heck, most if not all of the EU Purge survivors are non-Lucas creations), and making up a few Jedi won't directly contradict the official continuity. In fact, I would say that there's less chance of contradicting official material if you stick to original characters.

- lazy

10. Zedd-Vega

Dec 13, 2003
    That's right, crush my dreams before they even begin. :_|

No I knew that, I just wanted to get a ground base to expand my writing with Canon characters and move on to originals. Canon characters already have their backgrounds and personalities set, whereas the real work comes with writing something up for an original character (nothing wrong with a little bit of that type of work, but it helps you expand a bit past whats "real")

As I said, just wanted a base. No need to get all evil on me.

11. Brant_Flir

May 30, 2005
    I think you're on the right track Zedd', and if it really is your dream to publish it, i'm sure it's happen someday. Just a question, you don't have to answer it, but what is this story of yours going to be about? A Jedi who escaped the Purges?

12. lazykbys_left

Feb 17, 2005
  13. Zedd-Vega

Dec 13, 2003
    Well, upon further research, it was going to be about escaping the troopers at first during the Purge after Order 66.

I was thinking that Yaddle, or Ranciss or someone had just narrowly escaped the troopers and eventually has to come to terms that the Jedi Order is finished.

Perhaps they run into the Exiled Kenobi or Yoda, or even some iconic characters from the movies like Bail Organa or Jar Jar (let us hope not Jar Jar) who aid them in escaping.

If it was a Jedi who escaped the Purge temporarily, or even for a moment, they would die at the end of the story.

14. ShasaWaterwalker

ShasaWaterwalker Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 18, 2003
    I would check out that Jedi Quest book. Yaddle does die in it and I think Lucas does recongize that series. Along with Jedi Apprentice and the Boba Fett series.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.