main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

YADDLE!!!!

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by JEDY, Jun 24, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DS615

DS615 Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 30, 2003
    She gets blown up by a missile if I recall correctly.

Maybe she absorbs the missile blast and it kills her.

I forget exactly, but either way, it was a missle that did her in.

2. StarDude

StarDude Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 28, 2001
    GL doesn't look at the EU, except for the comics occasionally.

She was killed off in the EU because she wasn't going to be included in AotC. Not vise versa.

3. GRAND_MOFF_KEVIN

GRAND_MOFF_KEVIN Jedi Master star 5

Jul 4, 2004

Yeah this gang was gonna poison an entire planet wiping out everything in the form of a missle so she has the missle go off and then absorbs the poison saving the planet but also killing her.

4. The-D

The-D Jedi Master star 4

May 18, 2005
    What a trooper. I'm gonna miss that little frog.

5. LukeGroundwalker

LukeGroundwalker Jedi Master star 3

Jun 6, 2005
    "GL doesn't look at the EU, except for the comics occasionally.

She was killed off in the EU because she wasn't going to be included in AotC. Not vise versa."

Why would George get rid of Yaddle? George is more a logical person, so he would probably keep her. Which prooves that George must of look at some EU and he found out that Yaddle died.

6. The-D

The-D Jedi Master star 4

May 18, 2005
    GL could've brought back Yaddle regardless of what anything in the EU says. With SW, his word is gospel.

It wouldn't be the first time he's contradicted the EU.

7. LukeGroundwalker

Jun 6, 2005
    But he didn't.

8. The-D

The-D Jedi Master star 4

May 18, 2005
    True, but anything printed in EU would not keep GL from contradicting it in his films.

Plus, why would he keep Yaddle? What role did she play, other than to let us know, Yoda was not alone in his species?

9. LukeGroundwalker

Jun 6, 2005
    I know but sometimes George takes ideas and characters from the EU. Like FE. Aayla Secura.

10. jedi_master_ousley

jedi_master_ousley Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 14, 2002
    What happened to Yaddle?

There would have been no point in bringing Yaddle back if she had already been established to be dead in the EU. Besides, I'm pretty sure that book was written after the script for AOTC was finished, meaning that they would have already known she wasn't going to be in the film.

11. Bacon164

Bacon164 Chosen One star 8

Mar 22, 2005
    The book was written after AOTC was made, just to explain why Yaddle wasn't there... George wouldn't actually listen to EU. If he wanted to keep her, he would have. Not like EU's gonna keep him from doing what he wants with these films. How absurd! [face_laugh]

And, yeah, he took Aayla Secure from EU because she was a cool Jedi. He wouldn't listen to EU if they killed someone off.

Did I just say 'absurd'? [face_plain]

12. LukeGroundwalker

Jun 6, 2005
    I know, but the point is, is that George does listen to EU, sometimes.

13. StarDude

StarDude Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 28, 2001
    Like I said , the comics occassionally. But really, GL has no reason to pay attention to the EU.

14. WitchKing66

WitchKing66 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 17, 2005

yaddle;s muppet was built originally to be yoda fewyears younger
    then they realise how stupid he looked,they decided to use the Yoda as he was in TESB. So they made the muppet call Yaddle
    Yoda in TPM appeared as CG in the scene he is talking and walking to OB1 at the end of TPM.

yaddle and another jedi master were eliminated from AOTC council because they did not want a muppet yaddle next to CG yoda, THATS they ONLY reason. later on EU explained her fall

the other jedi master was eliminated because he had a very long and thin neck, lucas didnt want people to confuse him with Sio Dyas or a Kameonean,so he was eliminated too

15. captainnorth

captainnorth Jedi Master star 1

May 22, 2005
    is yoda married to yaddle? if not didn't he have a fling with her in the EU?

16. YodaJeff

YodaJeff Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 18, 2001
    Uh, no and no.

17. jedi_master_ousley

jedi_master_ousley Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 14, 2002
    No. As a general rule, the Jedi are against marriage. Anakin and Padmé's relationship should be a clear indication of this. The only exception was Ki-Adi Mundi, but that was because his species was becoming extinct and he was aiding in repopulation.

18. captainnorth

captainnorth Jedi Master star 1

May 22, 2005
    Bollocks. That would explain why yaddle wasn't on the council with yoda in the 2nd and 3rd film cos they all found about his affair with yaddle. all this stuff about her being killed was rubbish just to appease the geeks.

19. DarthJoMyth

DarthJoMyth Jedi Youngling

May 18, 2005
    I see many people looking for the aswer to the question. What is Yaddle, and Yoda? Well there are many rumors surrounding this and I will clear one up. There is a rumor of them being called Wills. This is not true because the Will was the early name for the force. On the SW website Yaddle, and Yoda are classified as "Unkown" but personallly I think GL should of given some hint either in TPM or ROTS one of those not AOTC.

20. YodaJeff

YodaJeff Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 18, 2001
    First, it's spelled Whill, not Will. And you're right, that isn't their species.

I'm quite happy with their species being "Unknown". Does it really matter one way or another what they're called? Will it somehow shed light on the solution to some deep mystery? I don't think so.

21. ROTS_Obi1

ROTS_Obi1 Jedi Master star 4

Mar 16, 2005

I'm quite happy with their species being "Unknown". Does it really matter one way or another what they're called? Will it somehow shed light on the solution to some deep mystery? I don't think so.

Agreed. Some things are better left unknown, or untold in this case.

22. syferdiasisalie

syferdiasisalie Jedi Master star 3

Sep 26, 2004
    If Yaddle had become Sidious's apprentice, then it would have been Yoda vs. Yaddle, and that would have been quite the spectacle.

23. JEDY

JEDY Jedi Knight star 5

May 26, 2005
    yaddle being sidious' apprentice is just too far [face_talk_hand]

24. Crazy_Old_Kermit

Crazy_Old_Kermit Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 18, 2003
    Lucas got rid of Yarael Poof and Yaddle after The Phantom Menace because he felt they were a distraction. Yarael's species is Quermian and he didn't want the audience thinking those are the same as the Kaminoians. So he was killed off in the Zam Wesell comic by explosion I think. I think the deal with Yaddle is Lucas didn't want the same unknown spiecies on the council, especially Yoda's. I wish Yaddle never existed because it makes Yoda's spiecies less of a mystery. Yaddle was based off of a younger Yoda but was made into a differnt character.

"I know but sometimes George takes ideas and characters from the EU. Like FE. Aayla Secura."

To let you know, he created Aayla Secura, not the EU. However, he did something rare and mentioned Quinlan Vos in Ep3 if that's what you mean. Also, he adopted Coruscant be the name of the capital from Zahn's Thrawn Trilogy, but that's about it I think. But The-D is right, Lucas doesn't care what's in the books, he does what he wants to do. EP1-6 are the center and everything branches out from them, not the other way.

25. LukeGroundwalker

Jun 6, 2005
    He didn't create Aayla, he has stated before that he looked in some comics and found her, and he wanted to put her in the movie. And the comics with Aayla was released before AOTC.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.