Yahoo article: 'Star Wars' universe revolves around Vader

Discussion in 'Star Wars Saga In-Depth' started by weezer, Apr 22, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. weezer Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Its actually a USA today article but its still very interesting and refreshing.

None of the usual jabs at SW fans. None of the cracks about how bad the PT is. Just a nice little background on Vader and his place in pop culture.

Here is the link: http://beta.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=680&e=20&u=/usatoday/20050422/en_usatoday/starwarsuniverserevolvesaroundvader
  2. Tokio_Drifter Jedi Youngling

star 2
    Working link: http://beta.news.yahoo.com/s/usatoday/starwarsuniverserevolvesaroundvader;_ylt=AoOs9pP190LffXJXphlqjMWs0NUE;_ylu=X3oDMTA2bm5xNHVjBHNlYwNtcA--

Awesome report, thanks!

"I hope it will make a dent at least in the young people," Lucas says. "Their minds are more open and more willing to accept the fact that maybe beating everyone else isn't the right idea. Maybe helping someone else is more important. Being (Star Wars' heroic pilot) Han Solo, coming in at the end and saying, 'Go for it, kid,' is a better way than being No. 1 or owning your own Death Star."

=D=

3. Darth-Seldon Jedi Master

star 6
    A very good article, thank you for sharing.

"How could this obsidian-caped character press on, prepared to kill sandy-haired Luke, knowing that Luke was his son? And how could a cherubic boy (Jake Lloyd in The Phantom Menace) metamorphose into this monster?'

Fantastic!
    Seldon

4. BauconBatista Jedi Padawan

star 4
  5. DarthMyBoy Jedi Youngling

star 1
    Yup, the Saga could be called, "Anakin's Story"
  6. Obladi_Oblada Jedi Youngling

star 2
    Just one geeky nitpick about the article. Vader's famous revelation is mis-quoted yet again. It's, "No. I am your father," people! Not, "Luke, I am your father."
  7. Avid_Prequels_Fan Jedi Youngling

star 2
    Finally a great article that, like the original author of this thread also stated, doesn't make fun of the fandom and doesn't snipe at the PT. Truly refreshing!
  8. weezer Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Glad you all liked it.

I think it also illustrates the diffrence in how this new movies is being recieved.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.