Phx Yahoo! troubles

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by KREATOR, Mar 4, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: DieWompRatDie
  1. KREATOR Jedi Knight

star 1
    Question for you Yahoo people.

Within the last few days Ive had some very weird things occuring with my yahoo account.

First. I've logged into my yahoo mail and it will bring up someone elses email. Usually something like karen_vmxnhauy. This has probably happened a dozen times in the last week. When I log off and log back in it usually brings up my actual account

Second. I entered a chat room the other night and suddenly got bombarded with PM's. later to find out that somehow my yahoo profile had been altered to indicate that I was female, wiped my profile text and replaced all of my links with *adult* links. I logged in immediately and changed my password and also changed my profile back.

Does this indicate that my PC has been hacked or just my yahoo account. Im a computer guy but not into hacking. So Im not sure where the breach occurred. It appears to be on the yahoo side.

Any ideas?
  2. KnightWriter Administrator Emeritus

star 8
    I'd say your account may have been compromised somewhere along the way.
  3. jada_marnew Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Also change your password hint. Someone I know hacked into her ex-husband's account because she guessed the answer to his password hint question.

4. KREATOR Jedi Knight

star 1
    WEll, my password hint wouldnt help much I dont think. But I will look into it. I typically use a very difficult password to hack.

or so I thought

5. jada_marnew Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I'm getting alot of spam over there too, KREATOR. I just check it and click the spam button.

6. Mobius Jedi Master

star 4
    Sounds like someone hacked your Yahoo account. It's possible they did this with a trojan virus or spyware located on your computer. Software like this can record keystrokes and/or passwords, so changing your passwords won't help much, as they'll get the new one right away.

To be on the safe side, scan your computer with a recently updated virus scanner, and get some anti-spyware software.

Good luck.
  7. Ima_princess Jedi Knight

star 2
    I that case, stop the dirty email from your yahoo account. Send it from the hotmail. You sexy lady you. [face_devil] :D
Moderators: DieWompRatDie
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.