main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

New Jersey Yanks-Mets: Round 1

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by Ghosts_Of_Anakin, Jun 21, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ghosts_Of_Anakin

Ghosts_Of_Anakin Jedi Knight star 6

Jul 1, 2002
    Well, it's that time again. Subway Series. When the entire city turns on itself. Time for you to show your true colors! Game 1 was last night and I must say the Yankees did not disappoint. Back-to-back homers in the 3rd by Soriano and Jeter off Traschel and then a 2-run shot by Giambi in the 9th off of Benitez. Traschel actually pitched a pretty good game but Pettitte was better, going 7 shut out innings and giving up only 5 hits. Shinjo robbing Soriano of a homer in the 5th right at the 396 sign was really the only Met highlight.

Game 2 today at 1:10pm, weather permitting. I myself am hoping for a rainout this way we may see another twin-stadium double-hearder next week at the Stadium. Go Yanks baby.

2. Seraph-Skywalker

Seraph-Skywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 5, 2002
    I'm surprised that I actually like the same baseball team as you. Go Yanks... and the Devils for next year :D ;)

3. Ghosts_Of_Anakin

Jul 1, 2002
    It's on next Saturday. Guess what Shawn...we're not watching wrestling...we're watching the Yanks. I'm sure you'll get used to it.

4. Padawan915

Padawan915 Jedi Master star 6

Oct 1, 2002
    I could care less about the Yanks and Mets, I hate them both.

Give me a game winning two run homer by Todd Pratt in the bottom of the 13th and Brett Myers pitching a CG-SHO against the Sox. So in essence you can thank my Phillies for helping the Yanks gain ground. :p

GO PHILLIES!

5. Ghosts_Of_Anakin

Jul 1, 2002
    Please stop posting here Philly boy. We all hate you.

6. Seraph-Skywalker

Seraph-Skywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 5, 2002
    Go back to your own board.. no badmouthing my favorite teams. ;)

But then Mike would have to leave because he doesn't like the Devils..traitor.

7. Padawan915

Padawan915 Jedi Master star 6

Oct 1, 2002
    Philly boy eh? I take pride in that statement, yet I always seem to end up in Jersey somehow. Whether its traveling to school or going to the shore. :p

8. Jedi_Satimber

Jedi_Satimber Jedi Knight star 8

Jul 3, 2002
    Mike...I'll duke it out with you for TV rights. :p

In my dreams here, I have seen the destruction of the Jedi. The death of the Republic. I have seen the Temple in ruins, the Senate smashed, and Coruscant itself shattered by orbital bombardment from immense ships of impossible design. I have seen Coruscant, the seat of galactic culture, become a jungle far more hostile and alien than any on Haruun Kal.
    I have seen the end of civilization.
    -Mace Windu, Shatterpoint

9. Ghosts_Of_Anakin

Jul 1, 2002
    I guess I shoulda started a Round 2 thread huh...oh well. Yanks swept. I'm happy.

10. Jedi_Satimber

Jedi_Satimber Jedi Knight star 8

Jul 3, 2002
    Nah...This would have been fine. :p

~J.Sat~
    co-Prez/NJO

In my dreams here, I have seen the destruction of the Jedi. The death of the Republic. I have seen the Temple in ruins, the Senate smashed, and Coruscant itself shattered by orbital bombardment from immense ships of impossible design. I have seen Coruscant, the seat of galactic culture, become a jungle far more hostile and alien than any on Haruun Kal.
    I have seen the end of civilization.
    -Mace Windu, Shatterpoint

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.