main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Yarael Poof is STILL My Dad

Discussion in 'Archive: Attack of the Clones' started by Saber_Master, Feb 23, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth-Walken

Darth-Walken Jedi Master star 4

Nov 27, 2001
    Where have all the Poofites gone ? Poof is still the one who has already brought balance to the force :)

2. Skywalk272

Skywalk272 Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 16, 2000
    Silly training has had me tied down, why oh why did I get the recessive short neck, a long neck would be som much more helpful in my job . . . (goes back to monitering his radar)

3. wstraka5

wstraka5 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 22, 2002
    NOTICE TO ALL KIDS OF POOF:

Grilled-Sarlacc will not be around for the next few months due to the fact that he was called up. He is currently on the USS Saipan heading over to the Mid-East. We wish you luck, G-S!

4. Skywalk272

Skywalk272 Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 16, 2000
    Great . . and the state-side Air Force jockey has to fill in . . without even his own website to post pics of dad from! :(

5. Jedi_Suzuran

Jedi_Suzuran Jedi Knight star 5

May 22, 2002
    Aw, good luck, Grand Chronicler of Daddy Poof!

I miss Dad!!!!!! :_|

6. Jedi_Suzuran

Jedi_Suzuran Jedi Knight star 5

May 22, 2002
    Upping this for the other Poof children out there. :(

7. Darth_Sprocket

Darth_Sprocket Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2002
    This............................................................................................................................................is a crazy thread..................................................................................................

8. Darth-Walken

Nov 27, 2001
    The Poofster will soon be back :)

9. Grilled-Sarlacc

Grilled-Sarlacc Former Head Admin star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 19, 2001
    [image=http://www.sgtfretsurfer.com/Grilled-Sarlacc/book5.jpg]

10. Darth-Walken

Nov 27, 2001
  11. Grilled-Sarlacc

Jul 19, 2001
    Poof's Saga continues...

Hayden Chistensen: "Working on Ep2 was great. All these cool people who really like the movies. Although, there was this one dude, Yarael Poof...he kept bugging everyone. Didn't bother me as much, but he would always poke me with Yoda's cane and tell me 'the circle is now complete.' Heh, I would always humor him and play along, but he would usually run off through the set and argue that he told everyone to remain on the command ship."

Natalie Portman: (laughing), "Yeah, he always insisted that many things would change after Ep2 was released but that his caring for me would remain."

Rick McCallum: "It is so great to have all these returning characters, but Poof was questionable. He sometimes took over my job and would slam this gavel against the camera and scream "ORDER". I would often ask him to please calm down but his answer was always something like "Rick, will you defer your motion to allow a commission to be sent to the set to assess the validity of your accusations?".

Pernilla August: "I would always try to be friends with Poof but he would make fun of me and insist he was not looking for a friend, he is looking for a Jedi Master."

[image=http://www.sgtfretsurfer.com/Grilled-Sarlacc/tfnpoof.jpg]

12. Grilled-Sarlacc

Jul 19, 2001
    Hugh Quarshie: "Playing the Captain of the royal guards was fantastic. But sometimes it was ruined if Yarael Poof showed up. As I got positioned for a scene, Poof would always tell me 'You'll be a sitting duck!'. And during the Naboo scenes he always reminded me, 'This is not a battle I think you can win'."

Brian Blessed: "Sometimes I would be in the sound studio recording my lines for Boss Nass. Sometimes Poof would show up as well with coffee. He often provided words of encouragement, like 'Your guards demand that your life belongs to me now.'"

Silas Carson: "I actually had two roles in the movie. Yarael Poof always hung around the set to provide support. But he always made fun of my dual roles, saying 'Now there are two of them. This is getting out of hand!'. I would ignore him but when I did my Ki-Ad-Mundi scenes, he always told me I was the clue to unraveling the mystery of the Mundi."

Anthony Daniels: "I found Yarael Poof to be extremely vulgar. Never had nice things to say to me. Both the times we left Australia for Leavesden and from Leavesden to the States, Poof told me, "Hurry up, goldenrod, you're gonna be a permanent resident!". And during the shooting for Ep1 we were on a coffee break and he was holding the parts to my "unfinished" suit and said "I'm standing here holding your pieces and you're having delusions of grandeur!" Very rude."

Ray Park: "One time I had this really difficult stunt to do and Poof told George that the Empire would compensate him if I died."

Frank Oz: "Once on the set, Poof was seated in the Council chair and he was next to Yoda. He stood up, and remarked, 'You want the impossible', and then left the set."

13. YodaJeff

YodaJeff Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 18, 2001
    [face_laugh]

I'm glad to see the return of this thread!

14. Grilled-Sarlacc

Jul 19, 2001
    Kenny Baker: "Well, I always enjoy playing R2-D2, so of course I accepted the offer to return to the character for Ep1. That is, until that mean Poof guy showed up. One day I lost my script which listed the movements for R2 in a scene. Poof screamed, 'It's the one you've been carrying inside your rusty innards.' I tried to plead with him and asked if he thought George would forgive me. He said, 'No. I don't think he likes you at all. No, I don't like you either.'"

Natalie Portman: "Poof is just misunderstood. I like him, I guess. But the time I asked him to help me go over my lines he yelled at me, 'Negotiations? We've lost all communications!' And the time I offered to help shine his head, he pushed me to the ground quite harshly and screamed to Sabé, 'You are in command now, Admiral Piett!'"

Warwick Davis: "I hate him. Someone asked him who I was one day and he said, 'A local. Come on let's get out of here before more droids show up.' And the last day of shooting, someone asked if he could help me carry my costumes to wardrobe. He simply answered, 'He deserves better than a slave's life.'"

15. Lobot_Omy

Lobot_Omy Moderator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 9, 2001
    Good one, G-S. :)

16. topgoalscorer_no11

topgoalscorer_no11 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 23, 2001
    Kudos to Grilled Sarlacc and Darth Walken.

This stuff is mana from heaven for a Star Wars geek.

Ut-ter genius.

Christopher Lee: As you know, I have starred in over two hundred films in my illustious career, many of which involved duelling with swords of some description. I was delighted to have the opportunity to continue this trend in Episode Two. However I must relate one particularly strange on-set incident. Drawing on my experience, I got into quite a debate at one point with Nick Gillard over one particularly difficult move which was required of me.

At one point, I happened to comment that he might be mistaken, only for a bizzare thin-necked creature to appear at the door of my solar sailor and furiosly proclaim in front of the entire crew that it was I who was mistaken, 'about a great many things' and that he hadn't suffered and died so we could discuss this duel 'in a commitee'. Naturally I was left speechless. I shall never forget the look of scorn upon his face as he stormed over to Robin Gurland the casting director and demanded: 'where did you dig up this old fossil?'

Stunned, I asked whether he felt he would be capable of doing a better job, to which he replied 'Fine' indicating that he preffered a straight fight to all 'this sneaking around.' At this point he was dragged off by a group of security guards. But I shall never forget his parting shot, that he'd 'soon be back, and in greater numbers. ut-' I spent the rest of my time on set in a state of constant fear for my life. I have been assured he won't be returning for Episode III.

17. Grilled-Sarlacc

Jul 19, 2001
    Ben Burtt: "One day I came into the office to preview the Gungan Battle scene for George. What we didn't know was Poof had decided to play a practical joke - he's quite the effects guru! Anyway, I ran the footage of the battle and as the droid tanks came to a halt, they opened and revealed the racks of folded droids...only now they were folded Poof's! Yes, each one folded and identical. Then, like clockwork, they all rise and do a left-face and draw their rifles. We were all laughing so hard. Then they all start marching - imagine 1000 Poof's! Yes, we all laughed a good one, waiting for the inevitable clash with the Gungans...only they weren't there. It was 1000 Poofs attacking Sabé. We shut off the reel and George left the room.

Oliver Ford Davies: "Ep1 was great fun. Everyone got along well, except for Yarael Poof. Always annoying. Ask him a question, and it was always "Roger, roger." And if we threatened to cut him from the cast, it was always "They wouldn't dare." He was way too confident. One time he grabbed me by my shoulders and shook me in a violent way, screaming in my face, "You must contact me!".

Ahmed Best: "One day there was a power outage. Of course, Poof had to provide his two cents. "Mynocks...chewing on the power cables. Go on inside, I see if there are any more." So while the technicians fixed the power, we went to the cafe across the street. Poof stops walking in the middle of the road and almost gets hit by a bus. We all look and wonder what they hell he is doing. He just said, "This ground sure feels funny...doesn't feel like rock!"

Trisha Biggar: "We tried various costumes for Poof. He always had something to say. I might suggest a reddish-brown scheme and he would say, "Obi-Wan once thought as you do." Or if I suggested blue, it was, "You're lucky you don't taste very good." And when we decided on the final costume, he showed his appreciation for me by walking on the set and telling the cast that he was very sorry about all this and that after all, I am only a Wookie."

18. Grilled-Sarlacc

Jul 19, 2001
    George Lucas: "Sometimes Poof gets confused, but he is not a bad guy. Contrary to people's knowledge, Poof has been around for quite some time. During the filming of ROTJ, he wasn't aware of the storyline and he thought Jabba's execution skiff was a diving board into a pool, not the sarlacc. We stopped him in time. Probably the biggest problem during ROTJ were his blundering comments on set. He would approach Carrie Fisher and tell her, "Hey, I'm a scoundrel too." The scene where Boba Fett raises his blaster at the threat of the thermal detonator?...Poof had just told Fett his momma was a Bith. Fett, realizing he had no mother, was very upset. And later, he had many scenes as a starpilot for the rebellion. But in all if his scenes, his dialogue was improvised and unacceptable. Things like, "Suck on this, clone!", "Who's your daddy?", and "It's your birthday, Poof gonna fly all over this bit&^h." Very rude. I cut all of his scenes. He may yet appear in Ep3. He has asked for a plaid lightsaber and wants to be involved in a duel against Sabé. We'll see.

Kiera Knightley: "I played Sabé in Ep1. It was easy for the most part because the handmaidens were usually just in the background. Although Yarael Poof made our jobs hell. He always snuck into wardrobe and tried to convince George to let him be a handmaiden. But there is no way he would work because he is 4 feet taller than the rest of us. He was always trying to get close to me in particular. Whispering things to me on set like, "My neck is dirty too, what are you afraid of?", "I think you just can't stand to let a gorgeous neck like mine out of your sight", "Once we get into the throne room, you won't be a problem", and then during the battle scenes, he would back away and tell Padmé, "Sabé is brave, your highness." What is this guy's problem?!

[image=http://www.sgtfretsurfer.com/Grilled-Sarlacc/slowpoof.jpg]

19. KosmicKnine

KosmicKnine Jedi Padawan star 4

May 31, 2002
    G-S, as always, you have a masterful skill with Poof-wit.

I must say, seeing you posting in this thread with regularity again brings warm feelings to my heart.

:p

:)

20. Darth-Walken

Nov 27, 2001
    Great stuff, G-S ! [face_laugh] It's really great to see this thread back. May the poof be with you !

"You don't know the power of the UT ! I muuust obey Master poof !"

21. Grilled-Sarlacc

Jul 19, 2001
    George Lucas: "Episode 2 starts off with a bang. We really wanted to get the audience involved from the start. At first there was a Jedi/Sith battle, but Yarael Poof came up of with a much better idea. He detonated some explosives near the queen's starship after her entourage exited the Nubian. The actors kept their calm and punched out a great scene as Cordé dies in Padmé's arms. Needless to say, we kept it rolling. Real emotions from real action. Poof leapt from the top of the set and, after screaming that "he told Sabé to remain on the command ship", he disappeared with his JAK Productions cap on.

Ewan McGregor: "Filming was fun. But sometimes it was a nightmare. One time Liam fell asleep after a couple of exhausting hours of stunts. Well, that was a bad idea because this Yarael Poof fellow came along and carried him off. We all followed Poof to see what he had done with Liam....he cut open a tauntaun and shoved Liam inside of it! We all were very surprised but he angrily forced us out of the room until he 'got the shelter built'."

Billy Dee Williams: "I was not fond of Poof. I have never been more insulted by another actor. He would often look over my contract with Lucasfilm and mention to me that 'your deal is getting worse all the time'. And other times I would tell him off and curse at him. He only laughed at me and said 'would you get going, you pirate'. It was hopeless."

[image=http://www.sgtfretsurfer.com/Grilled-Sarlacc/crazy1.jpg]

22. Grilled-Sarlacc

Jul 19, 2001
    Veronica Segura: "I was happy to be playing Cordé in Ep2. But some things were not appreciated. Things like that crazy Yarael Poof guy always chasing me. On my first day of shooting, when I walked into the set, Poof dropped his script and turned his head and sniffed the air, He said 'I sense something...a presence I've not felt since...'

And other times, he would have delusions of grandeur. Like when he asked me if I thought we could keep our relationship a secret. I always told him 'what relationship?' And he would say, 'you're right, it would destroy us. I am not ready to fall in love.' I just shook my head and left."

Ian McDiarmid: "Sometimes I would get very frustrated with Yarael Poof. Who plays that guy anyway? I never see him out of character. Anyway, I offered to help him with his lines one day. Of course, his lines were only when to bob his head back and forth. When I said 'your attention to the camera is your weakness' he told me 'and your faith in your friends is yours.'"

23. Grilled-Sarlacc

Jul 19, 2001
    Empire Magazine: "Good to see you again, Mr. McCallum. How have things been going with Ep2?"

Rick McCallum: "Well, I am not going to #@&%$ lie to you. Unfortunately, we have some *&!%# bad news. I just returned from ILM and George has decided we have to re-shoot a large portion of the movie. I...I...can't believe it."

Empire Magazine: "Oh no. You've got to be kidding? Well what happened?"

Rick McCallum: "Well, you know, it's %@&*# ridiculous. (pause) Well, George previewed a rough edit of the final film to some friends and studio executives. He started the film and as it went along...we noticed things were wrong in a few places; things I guess George never caught during shooting; things we didn't realize were in the shots...Yarael Poof. That %#&^$%*&$^$^#*#*@, kept popping up in shots. It was horrible.

First, we found that Poof was peeking into the Coruscant window during the critical reunion scene with Anakin and Padmé. It was such an important scene and...it's &*$%^ ruined.

[image=http://www.sgtfretsurfer.com/fpoof1.jpg]

Second, on the space cruiser with Padmé and Anakin...these scenes were so crucial because Padmé is really opening up her emotions, but Poof...he was sitting at a table in the shadows watching Padmé. And...he was drunk. He was throwing dollars at Padmé.

[image=http://www.sgtfretsurfer.com/fpoof5.jpg]

Third, During the Naboo scenes, Anakin gives Padmé a passionate kiss and they had such good chemistry in that scene. Well, it's ruined because Poof was apparently hiding in the flower pot and he pops his head out of the flowers and smiles at Padmé before they kiss. That horny bast^%$&!

[image=http://www.sgtfretsurfer.com/fpoof2.jpg]

Fourth, during the picnic scenes on Naboo, which ILM worked really hard on to get the water just right, anyway, I guess Poof climbed up the rock face on the other side of the cliff and was watching Padmé and Anakin as they joked around. I can't read lips, but it sure looked like Poof spoke the words, "I told you to remain on the command ship!".

[image=http://www.sgtfretsurfer.com/fpoof6.jpg]

Fifth, there was another reunion scene when Anakin meets Watto for the first time in 10 years. There was so much riding on this scene to illustrate the time that has passed and how things have changed on Tatooine. Well, Poof popped his head over the wall in the background and I am not sure, but I think he threw Yoda's cane over the wall towards Padmé. I really hope this is not the case because that means somewhere Yoda is on the floor and cannot get up.

[image=http://www.sgtfretsurfer.com/fpoof4.jpg]

Sixth, In a huge scene, one which really shows us Anakin's dark side, Poof popped his head out the skyhopper ship and started smiling at Padmé's backside. It was horrible. George was so angry when he saw this. &*%$@$#!!

[image=http://www.sgtfretsurfer.com/fpoof3.jpg]

But, perhaps worst of all was that fact that when we showed up for the arena battle scenes during shooting last year, Padmé was already chained to a pillar and unconscious. Her shirt was torn and she was badly bruised. (sniff) I guess...we all thought she was getting into her character and trying to help speed the shooting along...(sniff) Well, when the camera shifts to a shot of Obi-Wan, we saw Poof sitting in the crowd among the Geonosians and he was wearing a piece of Padmé's shirt. He had popcorn and was spinning a pinwheel, like it was entertainment. He had a flag that said "Go Reek!". I swear to ^%$@*, I am gonna get him!!!"

[image=http://www.sgtfretsurfer.com/fpoof7.jpg]

:D

24. Grilled-Sarlacc

Jul 19, 2001
    Rick McCallum: "Well, you know that there are good number of shots that were cut from Episode 2, shots that people may never know about. Lots of them had to deal with Yarael Poof and his intolerable behavior."

Vanity Fair: "Yes, we have heard through the grapevine about Poof taunting Obi-Wan Kenobi in the movie..."

Rick McCallum: "There is a line when Obi-Wan says "You are using her as bait", referring to Padmé. Well ironically, it was Poof who was doing the baiting. You see, Poof had his remote control probe droid enter Padmé's window which forced Obi-Wan to jump out after it. This was bait for Poof's trap...

[image=http://www.sgtfretsurfer.com/Grilled-Sarlacc/poof3.jpg]

Poor Obi-Wan really thought he had caught a probe droid red-handed in an assassination attempt on senator Padmé's life. But Poof had tricked him. And he chased Obi-Wan in his ship and fired blasters at him while screaming "Now this is pod racing.". Poof laughed about it later in the screening room saying "I thought Kenobi wanted to face the trials."...

[image=http://www.sgtfretsurfer.com/Grilled-Sarlacc/poof1.jpg]

And poor Zam. You know, in the beginning, she wasn't going to be a villain, but George had to work it into the story. You see, Poof gave his pistol to Zam and told her to walk over to Obi-Wan and give it to him, but to walk real slow because Kenobi gets startled easily. Well, that was not true and Kenobi turned around and cut off Zam's arm as Poof watched on while drunk on blue milk. Zam ran out of the night club in tears and Kenobi felt terrible. Poof just threw a nickel at the cameraman and said "Sorry for the mess." and walked away."

[image=http://www.sgtfretsurfer.com/poof2.jpg]

Vanity Fair: "Well Yarael Poof said there is nothing you can do about it because he is your dad."

Rick McCallum: "I know...somehow I have always known..."

25. KosmicKnine

KosmicKnine Jedi Padawan star 4

May 31, 2002
    <applauds>

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.