main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Yarael Poof is STILL My Dad

Discussion in 'Archive: Attack of the Clones' started by Saber_Master, Feb 23, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Watto

Watto Force Ghost star 4

Dec 13, 1998
    Does Mace Windu use Poof's head as one of those small punching bags in episode II? You know, the ones you hit and they come swinging right back at you.

2. DarthSapient

DarthSapient Jedi Youngling star 10

Jun 26, 2001
    Lucas:

"I thought when I created him, Poof would be recognized as the intimidating warrior I imagined he would be. But he thought of himself as more of comic relief. You know, kind of like Jar-Jar. You'd see Poof on the set throwing the mashed potatoes on the ground from lunch. When I stepped in it he'd laugh uncontrollably and say stuff like icky goo or how I stepped in poodu. That didn't bother me though as much as the fuzzball and scruffy-looking nerfherder comments did. Those comments cut pretty deep."

Sapient

3. smallpaul

smallpaul Jedi Master star 3

Aug 15, 2001
    Hayden on the set of AOTC: "I had a great time on the set. I could hardly call it work. The cast was great. That Yarael fellow gives me the creeps though. He told me this morning that I truly belonged with him amongst the clouds. I just smilled and backed away...slowly"

4. DarthSapient

Jun 26, 2001
    Do you think Poof gets knocked in the head by low-flying planes?

5. Grilled-Sarlacc

Grilled-Sarlacc Former Head Admin star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 19, 2001
    LOL @ The Mighty DSapient and smallpaul!

Poof rulz!

6. Lobot_Omy

Lobot_Omy Moderator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 9, 2001
    Remember that UFO crash at Roswell and how the military explained it to be a weather balloon? Well they were wrong it was Yarael Poof, who was walking down the sidewalks of New York city, lost his balance because of the wind and keeled over with his head hitting the ground in New Mexico.

7. DarthSapient

Jun 26, 2001
    Lucas: Alright quiet on the set. Why don't we take it right where we left off.

Poof: (interrupts) We don't have time to discuss this in a committee. Chewie, take the professor in the back and plug him into the hyperdrive.

Lucas: That's enough. Can someone get him out of here? He's ruining the actor's concentrations.

Poof: That face you make, look I so old to your eyes?

Lucas: Alright, that's it. You're not in EP2 anymore.

Poof: Awwwww....cannot get your ship out. Maybe you outta cool off with a brisky mornin' munchin'. (falls on the ground laughing hysterically)

Sapient

8. Lobot_Omy

Jul 9, 2001
    Rick McCallum:

"Ever since Lucas fired Yarael Poof, Poof has been acting rather strangely. He still hung around the set and when people told him to leave he waved all of his 4 arms in the air and claimed that he was the one that made EPI work.

The studio had to get a resraining order against Poof, but he still tried to sneak in pretending to be a lamp, or a broom, or something and then try to run in front of the camera so he could still appear in EPII.

Ha, just yesterday when we were filming inside of Palpatines quarters we found out that Poof has desguised himself as one of the silver statues. George Lucas went crazy! He grabed Poof, dragged him out of the studio, then he jumped into a studio scooter and proceded to chase Poof out of the studio grounds.

Poof ran out yelling and cursing. He yelled something like, "You want me to stay, because of the way you fell about me!.."

He didn't seem to make any sence."

9. smallpaul

Aug 15, 2001
    LOL!!!! DarthSapient&Lobot_omy

10. RainyDayJedi

RainyDayJedi Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 2, 2001
    Robin Gurland:
    "When we first started casting for the Jedi Council scenes I got a ton of hopeful fans sent in by their agents. All kinds of people. But this one guy, Poof, he stood out. No, no, not because he was especially talented. He literally stood out. We'd try to line up all the actors and see how they'd look in a room together, and that irritating freak kept stepping forward and saying stuff like, 'How feel you?' and 'No. He is too old,' like he was Yoda or something. He would pretend to be a coatrack and 'subtly' give me hints about my job. I tried to cast him as a bit part playing a landing pad guide light or something, but he would have nothing of it. I finally put him in the Council just to shut up him. That failed miserably, as I'm sure the other folks have told you."

EDIT: i'd just like to add that i, too, am among yarael poof's progeny.

11. Lobot_Omy

Jul 9, 2001
    Carrie Fisher:

"Yeah, that Poof character is a real oddball. He keeps calling me and saying that we should band together against George Lucas, because George didn't let him come back after EPI and didn't let me come back after A New Hope. I keep telling him that he did let me come back for both Empire and Jedi, but Poof just yells out "Liar".

Then there was that time when he tried to get a date with me. His pick up line was "Hello, what have we here." I went with him since I was bored, but that was the weirdest date I've ever had."

12. Grilled-Sarlacc

Jul 19, 2001
    LOL!!! Poof!!!!!

13. Happy_Sith

Happy_Sith Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 4, 2001
    //sheds a tear...

Im so proud to see this guy still up and running...

Yarael Poof is my dad, i testify! [face_devil]

14. smallpaul

Aug 15, 2001
    John Williams: When I was scoring Episode 1
    Yarael snuck into the studio and hid behind the oboes. He jumped out and stole my conductor's wand right in the middle of rehersal. He held it up beyond my reach and kept saying things like, "You want this...Take it from me ...Strike me down with it." I had him fired the next day.

15. Grilled-Sarlacc

Jul 19, 2001
    Kenny Baker: "Well, I always enjoy playing R2-D2, so of course I accepted the offer to return to the character for Ep1. That is, unil that mean Poof guy showed up. One day I lost my script which listed the movements for R2 in a scene. Poof screamed, 'It's the one you've been carrying inside your rusty innards.' I tried to plead with him and asked if he thought George would forgive me. He said, 'No. I don't think he likes you at all. No, I don't like you either.'"

Portman: "Poof is just misunderstood. I like him, I guess. But the time I asked him to help me go over my lines he yelled at me, 'Negotiations? We've lost all communications!' And the time I offered to help shine his head, he pushed me to the ground quite harshly and screamed to Sabe', 'You are in command now, Admiral Piett!'"

Warwick Davis: "I hate him. Someone asked him who I was one day and he said, 'A local. Come on let's get out of here before more droids show up.' And the last day of shooting, someone asked if he could help me carry my costumes to wardrobe. He simply answered, 'He deserves better than a slave's life.'"

16. BobTheGoon

BobTheGoon Moderator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 21, 2000
    HAHAHHAHAHAHA. Classic, grilled.

17. Mister Darth Taffy

Mister Darth Taffy Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 27, 1999
    Liam Neeson: "I was very pleased to have gotten the role of Qui-Gon Jinn in Episode I, and was telling everyone this on the first day of shooting. I saw this guy Poof standing over in the corner looking sullen, and felt pity for him. I walked up to him and tried to make conversation, by telling him that I had been cast as Qui-Gon. He said 'your powers serve you well young Neeson... but you are not a Jedi yet'. When I pointed out that, in fact, I *was* a Jedi now, he turned to Ewan, who was standing nearby, and said 'why do I get the feeling we've picked up *another* pathetic lifeform?'

I tried to stay away from him for thr rest of shooting time..."

18. DarthSapient

Jun 26, 2001
    Warwick Davis:

"I was thrilled to be asked back to the Star Wars saga. I feel like I'm part of this bigger family. Because it had been a number of years, I thought I would go around and meet some of the new faces. That's when I came across Yarael Poof. You know, the guy with the ping-pong head? Well anyway, I said something like, 'Hey, I'm Warwick Davis. I love being a part of these films again. It's so exciting.' He looked down at me and in a nasty voice asked, 'Aren't you a little short for a stormtrooper.' That just hurt me bad. It cut pretty deep."

Sapient

19. DarthSapient

Jun 26, 2001
    Natalie Portman: "One poignant moment I will never forget was back when we were shooting TPM. I was introduced to Yarael Poof. You know, golf ball head? Anyway, we had just finished lunch. It was spaghetti with a side of garlic bread. Poof came up to me and said, 'How you get so big eating food like this?' I politely smiled and pretended to ignore him. And then as if from nowhere, he put his beak on my mouth and give me an open kiss. I didn't know what to do. Poof responded with, 'And I thought they smelled bad on the outside.' That was the last time we talked."

Sapient

20. smallpaul

Aug 15, 2001
    Natalie Portman: The first time I went on the set in full costume I was very nervous. The Queen's costume was so heavy but elegant. I felt very beautiful. Then yarael said, "You came in that thing? Your braver than I thought." He made me cry. I had to go have my make up redone.

21. Grilled-Sarlacc

Jul 19, 2001
    LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

22. DarthSapient

Jun 26, 2001
    Ewan McGregor: One day at lunch I had a life-altering experience. I remember eating some peanuts when I realized I was choking. My airway went tight and I saw in the mirror my face was turning colors. Then I looked up...way up...and couldn't quite make out who it was. The voice said, 'It's someone who loves you.' I recognized immediately it was Yarael Poof. He looked down at me and laughed as I choked. And then all he said as he walked away laughing was, 'Patience my blue friend.' After that, our relationship was only a working one."

Sapient

23. Grilled-Sarlacc

Jul 19, 2001
    Ben Burtt: "One day I came into the office to preview the Gungan Battle scene for George. What we didn't know was Poof had decided to play a practical joke - he's quite the effects guru! Anyway, I ran the footage of the battle and as the droid tanks came to a halt, they opened and revealed the racks of folded droids...only now they were folded Poof's! Yes, each one folded and identical. Then, like clockwork, they all rise and do a left-face and draw their rifles. We were all laughing so hard. Then they all start marching - imagine 1000 Poof's! Yes, we all laughed a good one, waiting for the inevitable clash with the Gungans...only they weren't there. It was 1000 Poofs attacking Sabe'. We shut off the reel and George left the room.

24. Lobot_Omy

Jul 9, 2001
    Jake Lloyd:

"Yeah, I really enjoyed being in EpI! I had a lot of fun with all the actors and they were really nice to me, except this one guy who looks light a dried up cactus. I think his name was Yarael Poof. When I first met him he looked me over and said, "He is too old. He is too old to play this role." I didn't understand what he was talking about and then he said something that really hurt, "When 9 years old you reach, look as good you will not."

When the staff of LucasFilm decided to buy me all the EPI action figures, I asked them not to buy the Yarael Poof one."

25. smallpaul

Aug 15, 2001
    Hayden Christensen : I thought that my troubles with Yarael were over until the last week of shooting. Yarael came up behind me and said, "Why are you following me? Afraid I'd leave without giving you a goodbye Kiss?". I filed a restrainng order but he sends me letters now that read, "No matter what happens my carring for you will remain the same.". I haven't slept well lately.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.