main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Yarael Poof?

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by hear+soul, Feb 22, 2011.

1. hear+soul

hear+soul Jedi Master star 6

Nov 5, 2004
    So Yarael Poof isn't in TCW?

I looked it up and I know he dies at some point, but is this before TCW?

I wanna see Tommy Lee Jones give that tall man some flowers!!!

whostheBossk likes this.
  2. GGrievous

GGrievous Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 6, 2005
    He was killed before the Clone Wars. See the comic Star Wars: Zam Wesell.

Don't give them any ideas, though!

3. hear+soul

hear+soul Jedi Master star 6

Nov 5, 2004
    ah. You never know, though, since TCW seems to be disregarding other EU when it feels like it.

but my bad!

thanks! :)

4. GGrievous

Nov 6, 2005
    Hence, "Don't give them any ideas." :p

5. hanimal

hanimal Jedi Youngling star 1

May 31, 2000
    Yarael has been replaced on the Jedi Council in Episode 2, so, it'd be contradicting movie canonicity to include him in TCW.

6. koonfan

koonfan Jedi Knight star 4

Oct 15, 2008
    The 'serious' answer would go something like "He's already dead, most they'd get in is a flashback or heavy reference".

Apparently, Yarael Poof is to TFN what the Monkey Lizard* is to LACWAC. If that were the case, while I'd laugh at it, I wouldn't be surprised if he returned from the grave. Or Kyle Katarn's blaster-beard punching a hole through time to get him into the show. :p

*By the way, for the uninitiated, the Monkey Lizard is a little in-joke that spiraled beyond our control back in Season 1. What was (and perhaps is) a plothole on how Jedi could have their lightsabers stolen from under their noses laid the groundwork for our very own meme.
    Shortly afterwards, we realised just how awesome the little guys were when they wound up drugging pirates, biting and facehugging Jedi, and piloting tanks. They're even part of a brutal cockfighting style of entertainment. They are no less than the cement which fills up every plot hole, since they seem to be every place you least expect doing something super important. Better still, they come in various exotic flavours! [face_laugh]

7. Swashbucklingjedi

Swashbucklingjedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 3, 2010
    Well i don't still think you have right to decide about giving ideas[face_tired] anyone can give any ideas they want...
    and Deception- TCW is not officially counted to be "EU" so you cannot say "other EU"- that of course is depending on point of view but Expanded or extended universe is term officially used from non-Lucas stuff with official licence and TCW- is Lucas-stuff therefore not EU

Well is it said somewhere that councilmembers are councilmembers until they die- maybe they can left the council if they want and Yarael left the council- we know he is not councilmember in AOTC that's moviecanon but "he is dead" is EU-fact and therefore he could appear in TCW with retcon saying he left the place in council for Coleman Trebor instead of dying- still i see no need for him and his eu-backstory is working -so i agree with others (even GG this time:p) please let it be and focus on living and 'possible' jedi instead;) Eu is not limiting them too much there is plenty of possibilies without EU-problems- but still i'm not really pissed off if Adi Gallia, Bultar Swan or Even Piell will have retconned death- Eeth Koth is now one possible jedi that can die without any further conflicts.... but Yaddle and Yarael are already dead before the war according to EU and it can remain so if you ask me....

8. GGrievous

Nov 6, 2005
    I'm not the only one who's been saying this, Swash, and it's true. I know you're not an EU fan, but you could have some respect toward canon. ;)

9. FistoFan93

FistoFan93 Jedi Knight star 4

Jul 27, 2009
    Don't be afraid, GG. Yarael Poof will not be coming back alive. They don't need him. They just brought back Eeth Koth back from the death because he's much cooler than Agen Kolar.

10. GGrievous

Nov 6, 2005
    No, I'm not worried. :p

I just don't like it when canon gets thrown out.

11. Humble_Jedi

Humble_Jedi Jedi Master star 4

Oct 14, 2004
    NEV4R!!1!1!

Every full moon we should sacrifice a piece of EU to the mighty Monkey Lizard!

BRING FORTH THE SACRIFICIAL COMIC! [face_skull]

START UP THE CEREMONIAL CAN(N)ON STEAMROLLER! [face_skull]

:p

12. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011

Klingon warrior Agen Kolar > Eeth Koth

13. Jedi_Kenobi32

Jedi_Kenobi32 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 24, 2005
    Muhahahahahahahaha! Humble_Jedi and Monkey Lizard are doing my bidding! [face_devil] Now throw that flattened comic into the bonfire!

*Humble_Jedi throws the comic into a giant bonfire and then he and Monkey Lizard proceed to dance around the fire*

In all seriousness though I can understand where GG is coming from. After all its one thing for the TCW to state something like Character A was born on Planet Y instead of Planet Z from [insert EU novel, comic book, or video game here], but it would be another thing for them to bring back a character that is already (not counting flashbacks and-or prequels of course) dead.

But anyways to get on topic as far as I'm concerned if Yarael Poof is brought into the TCW he should only be featured in flashbacks or just mentioned. I'm not big on this show bringing dead characters (Once again not counting prequels) from the EU and the films (I swear there better be a solid explanation regarding the ending in Witches of the Mist in a future episode) back to life.

14. Humble_Jedi

Humble_Jedi Jedi Master star 4

Oct 14, 2004
    If Maul turns out to be alive and kicking, I'll have to sacrifice my copy of TPM to the Monkey Lizard. [face_not_talking] :p

15. whostheBossk

whostheBossk Force Ghost star 4

Apr 16, 2002
    It was just Maul's spirit. I predict anyway.

Eeth Koth is alive? In TCW. What episode?

16. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    Grievous Intrigue

whostheBossk likes this.
  17. FistoFan93

FistoFan93 Jedi Knight star 4

Jul 27, 2009
    I should have said useful instead of cooler. Koth can still die, and we he's about the only jedi in the order to not have a fate yet.

And yes, Eeth Koth is alive, check his databank for information about that. And he's in Season 2 ep.9 Grievous Intrigue.

18. Swashbucklingjedi

Swashbucklingjedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 3, 2010
    You know- you say it wrong- you can say "I don't want this to happen" but you cannot say "you must not want this to happen"- that's not for you or anyone to decide what others are allowed to like or want[face_shame_on_you]

-i'm not fan of entire eu-continuity but sure i'm fan of many eu-products and i respect the c-canon as far as it makes sense with "right canon" which is bit by bit revealed by TCW and other Lucas-stuff- I don't want more big eu-conflicts but little ones are welcome and refreshing eu has some trash there we could get rid of:p

Eeth Koth actually is in old CW because Genndy drew him instead of Kolar to council:p .... also he was in same gunship as Sora Bulq which was very alive in EU afterwards... and Sora may also appear in Grievous Intrigue- since there is unnamed weequay-jedi who is called 'Sora Bulq' in productions notes or something.....

But i agree with majority- dead can remain dead- Maul cannot be alive that would be far too ridiculous at least after Filoni laughed to that idea in commentary... well they did Mortis trilogy so maybe Savage goes to dark side-hell to meet Maul there[face_devil] They can do anything... maybe even Korriban appears in some episode.....

19. Darth_Zandalor

Darth_Zandalor Jedi Master star 4

Aug 2, 2009
    Pshh, you guys are all wrong, Poof is obviously alive! Who else could that have been working at the Death Star cafeteria?

20. GGrievous

Nov 6, 2005
    This is why I don't think you're an EU fan, Swash. ;)

21. Darth_Gamek

Darth_Gamek Jedi Master star 6

Aug 10, 2009
    "Who's not alive? I'm still alive! I just got so upset at the Jedi Council for always sending me out to errands that I left for a while. Me get shot by some bounty hunter? Pfft. Even I'm not that stupid. Now where's that Mon Calamari pizza?"
    - Yarael Poof

Sorry guys, couldn't think of anything better.

22. GGrievous

Nov 6, 2005
    Well, he didn't get shot. Ashaar Khorda, a terrorist, stabbed him from trying to disable an ancient artifact that he planted that was strong enough to destroy Coruscant and every being on the planet. Zam and Jango witnessed this, killed Khorda, and Proof's dying wish was for Zam to put the artifact in his hands. He used the Force/every bit of his strength to render it defunct before he died. Yarael Proof, true hero. :p

whostheBossk likes this.
  23. Darth_Gamek

Aug 10, 2009
    Pfft. I'll take Robot Chicken Yarael Poof over Dark Horse Yarael Poof anyday. :p

24. GGrievous

Nov 6, 2005
    Yarael Poof would be disappointed in you for not liking his heroic death. ;)

25. Darth_Gamek

Aug 10, 2009
    Come on, you don't like the Jedi Council mistreating Yarael Poof and sending him out for pizza? I could relate to him, actually. That's how I feel when I post on these boards sometimes. :p