main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Yarael Poof?

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by hear+soul, Feb 22, 2011.

1. Grimby

Grimby Technical Consultant & Former Head Admin star 7 Staff Member Administrator

Apr 22, 2000
    I am all about seeing Yarael Poof in TCW! Then I'd have an excuse to make an actual Yarael Poof banner instead of just hiding a "Poofism" inside each banner image. :p

2. Humble_Jedi

Humble_Jedi Jedi Master star 4

Oct 14, 2004
    Ah! So you're the one who's doing that! The only times I'm able to read those is when the boards are being extremely slow. :p

I'm all for bringing back Poof... it's not like the other comic doesn't exist any more when they do. If The Clone Wars would include an episode with Nar Shaddaa, making it into something totally different, I'd probably hate it, but it wouldn't change Nar Shaddaa for me.

3. ArrogantJedi

ArrogantJedi Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 11, 2008
    More than likely they won't bring him back because he's already been replaced, but perhaps we can see another of his species being a Jedi Knight or something. On the topic of Jedi Council Members, wondering if they'll bring back Oppo Rancisis or Coleman Kcaj. Well, Kcaj needs to be phased in because he is in ROTS. Plus, would be interesting to see something on him, since he is the most undeveloped Jedi Council member there is.

4. Swashbucklingjedi

Swashbucklingjedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 3, 2010
    because i'm not fan of your opinions?:confused:

5. Jedi_Kenobi32

Jedi_Kenobi32 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 24, 2005
    If he does turn out to be alive then can I watch you sacrifice TPM to the Monkey Lizard Humble?

Hopefully your prediction turns out to be true.

*salutes* Yarael Poof: a real Ameri- er I mean Jedi hero.

6. DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR

DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR Force Ghost star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    I would also like to see Bultar Swan, Yaddle, Pablo Jill, Depa Billaba and Oppo Rancisis. I would like to see all the Jedi Masters, but the more you just see these guys from the movie the more you think there isn't that many Jedi Knights around.

7. Humble_Jedi

Oct 14, 2004
    Agreed, It'd be cool if they added some new faces to the regular Jedi we see. New faces that don't bite the dust in the same episode they were introduced.

8. Swashbucklingjedi

Oct 3, 2010
    They should create characters that can die but they shouldn't do just redshirtjedi some jedi who would be around for few episodes and then die- it's much more emotional end that way- noooo he was my fav new character and he died (or she or anyone) than have guy named "I am gonna die".... wow what's gonna happen to him?:rolleyes:

9. Humble_Jedi

Oct 14, 2004
    Yeah, exactly.

10. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    Tera Sinube strikes me as exactly the sort of character you're describing -- someone introduced who isn't a one-time redshirt, is generally accepted and well-liked by the fans, and then gets the axe in a later episode.

11. Swashbucklingjedi

Oct 3, 2010
    Well Sinube hasn't made even cameos since well... since Lightsaber Lost even though it's prequel to Grievous Intrigue where he has cameo[face_laugh] - but if he is not going fieldmissions anymore[face_thinking] his death needs to have some peaceful reason - sickness or well... age... or then he is slain by Anakin during ROTS like his younglings:p.....

I think Yarael and Yaddle can be just dead- Bultar Swan, Agen Kolar, Stass Allie, Pablo-Jill, Coleman Kcaj, Oppo Rancissis, Rahm Kota.... there is plenty of jedi we need to see others than those two dead jedi.... and Yarael needs his own series of course;) maybe they announce "Adventures of Yarael Poof" when last episode of this season airs on Cartoon Network[face_laugh]

12. SaeseeJim

SaeseeJim Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 21, 2003
    Poof was killed off by Lucas because of the striking resemblance to the Kaminoans

13. Kualan

Kualan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 4, 2008
    ^ That, and concerns over the difficulty/budget of showing him in combat during the arena scene.

Personally, I wouldn't mind either way if they brought Poof back or not, but I might find it hard to take him seriously after watching the third Robot Chicken Star Wars special :p

14. SaeseeJim

SaeseeJim Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 21, 2003
    It would be sweet however to see a different Quermian Jedi in action though now that they can. Quermia would be a sweet planet to see in TCW

15. Swashbucklingjedi

Oct 3, 2010
    What happened to Even Piell proofs that there is nothing that would prevent adding Yarael to series but they don't have to.... IMO- he has EU-death so no need to further EU-conflicts if you ask me they should let the EU be if there is no need to contradict with it- but i think Bultar Swan, Oppo Rancisis etc. moviejedi need to appear in this series- not necessarily die though..... but Yarael can remain dead if you ask me....

Blacked out recent spoilers. -BC

16. TaradosGon

TaradosGon Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 28, 2003
    They always can bring Yarael and Yaddle back if they wanted to. They could have just retired their seats on the Council or something. I know of their fates in the EU, but that doesn't stop Lucas too often.

I would highly doubt seeing them though, Yaddle especially.

I had heard that Lucas didn't like Yaddle that much because he didn't like the concept of "another Yoda." If that's true, and if he just doesn't like the character, I can't see him wanting to through the character back into the story.

Yarael could always come back, and they could make him one of the Jedi like suggested that gets introduced, maybe features prominently in one episode, makes a supporting role appearance in another, and then is killed off.

As for Oppo (as someone brought up in an earlier post). He pretty much has to show up. Unless I'm mistaken, the Jedi Council roster has been:

1. Yoda
    2. Mace
    3. Plo
    4. Obi-Wan
    5. Shaak Ti
    6. Adi Gallia
    7. Eeth Koth
    8. Kit Fisto
    9. Ki-Adi-Mundi
    10. Saesee Tiin
    11. Even Piell
    12. ? (Rancicis? Kcaj?)

I always assumed that Anakin took Piell's vacant seat, but given that Piell has died so soon, perhaps Kcaj takes Piell's seat (and hopefully we see Kcaj), and then Oppo Rancicis will die closer to ROTJ and Anakin can take his seat.

And if they did something like have Kcaj already as the missing 12th member, then I hope they get someone else to replace Piell until ROTS. For instance, I had heard that Tsu Choi from the EU was originally going to make an appearance in ROTS as a council member. They can kind of go with him as a temporary member to fill the seat of Piell until the Jedi go along with Palpatine's appointment of Anakin.

Also, if they do introduce Coleman Kcaj, I hope they drop Coleman out of his name and just call him "Master Kcaj" or something. Coleman just sounds so bad to me as an alien name.

17. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

ImNotAStarWarsFanboy Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 25, 2011
    Coleman Kcaj always makes me think of this guy:
    [image=http://www.simpsonstrivia.com.ar/simpsons-photos/wallpapers/hans-moleman-wallpaper.gif]

According to Wookieepedia though, his name comes from Rob Coleman's son Jack. Explains the terrible name pretty well.

Hmm, he also has no confirmed or established death yet [face_thinking]...
    [image=http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lan0a0G5pp1qdmv0so1_400.gif]
    [face_laugh][face_laugh][face_laugh]

18. EstarGuars

EstarGuars Jedi Padawan star 2

Mar 20, 2011
    We need Coleman Kcaj in the series, and Pablo-Jill, they can be BBF :p But really, we need them and Oppo Rancissis and a new Sith Acolyte... Darth Jub Jub (please... [face_praying])

whostheBossk likes this.