main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

I.E., CA YARD SALE FOR IEFF

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by jedifan77, Sep 15, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jedifan77

jedifan77 Jedi Master star 5

Mar 19, 2006
    Since I'm having a yard sale October 6 & 7, I thought this might be a good opportunity to earn a little bit of cash for the IEFF petty cash fund. (money to use towards copies, EZ-Up, event entry fees, and such)

Please bring any items you want to get rid of (not necessarily SW stuff, anything that you don't want and were planning on donating to Goodwill anyway) to the September 30 meeting. Any money made from these items at my yard sale goes into the IEFF kitty. That's it. No work for the group (I'm gonna be doing it anyway); you'll get rid of some unwanted clutter, cloths, crap; no money comes out of anybody's pocket. Win-Win-Win!

2. AboutaSith

AboutaSith Jedi Knight star 5

May 13, 2005
    I'll prob have something lying around I could get rid of!

3. jedifan77

Mar 19, 2006
    AaS, ask Mrs. AaS. Not to stereo type us women folk, but we almost always have stuff to get rid of! (gotta make room for the new goodies)

So, come on folks, start cleaning out those closets for the IEFF!

Remember, this is NOT a Star Wars sale, it's a YARD SALE. Your junk is another persons treasure! My friend and I always end up making over $1000 between us at every two day yard sale we have.

Bring me your "stuff" at the September 30 meeting and I'll sell it for the IEFF the following weekend.

4. jangosmom

jangosmom Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 2, 2005
    I might have a couple of things, but in the last 2 months I've cleaned out my storage unit and been working on my garage and I gave so much stuff to good will and a small church here in town, I really have gotten rid of most everything that I didn't have room for or no longer needed.

5. jedifan77

Mar 19, 2006
    Hey Gang, I hope everyone is going through their closets and under the beds to gather things for the yard sale. Remember, you'll need to bring them to the meeting next weekend.

6. AboutaSith

May 13, 2005
    I sorted out the closet at the weekend. I've got a couple of board games to get rid off and now GP is cancelled I have an Alien Costume to throw in too.

Not got much to get rid of cos we throw most stuff to the goodwill usually.

7. jedifan77

Mar 19, 2006
    Please remember to bring anything (and I mean ANYTHING) from your household that you want to get rid of for the yard sale. Bring it to the meeting on Saturday!!! I'm gonna bug ya'll for the next few days! :D

8. AboutaSith

May 13, 2005
    What about old clothes, shoes? What about stuff that doesn't sell?

9. jedifan77

Mar 19, 2006
    Clothes, shoes, toys, books, nick-nacks, furniture... whatever! You'd be amazed what sells at yard sales. If somebody wants something back if it doesn't sell, just let me know (write it down) and I'll save it. Anything that doesn't sell will be donated to a local thrift store that supports mentally challenged adults.

10. AboutaSith

May 13, 2005
    Excellent, i'll bring a bunch of my junk (other people's treasure).

11. jedifan77

Mar 19, 2006
    My friend and I've been having 2 yard sales a year for the past 4 years. Even after all those sales, what people buy still amazes me! If you advertise, they will come. If you put it out, they will buy it![face_money_eyes]

12. han-shot-first

han-shot-first IEFF President & Minister of Propaganda star 4 VIP

May 6, 2006
    I gotta find some stuff for you to sell. maybe we could sell some photos from yesterday...lol

13. jedifan77

Mar 19, 2006
    This is a family friendly yard sale. Those types of pix wouldn't be appropriate. Blackmail might work, though? Who can get to DH first to get the photos? If it's me, get the checkbook ready!! [face_money_eyes]

14. han-shot-first

May 6, 2006
    hey wait one second! You're in the photos too!:p

15. jedifan77

Mar 19, 2006
    You weren't supposed to mention that!! [face_shame_on_you]

16. han-shot-first

May 6, 2006
    if I go down, you go down...[face_dancing]

17. jedifan77

Mar 19, 2006
    I may have been involved, but I'm not the one that got put in the police car! :p

18. han-shot-first

May 6, 2006
    true...true.

and you just stood there with that look of disgust and shame when they put me there.[face_mischief]

19. AboutaSith

May 13, 2005
    [face_thinking] You need to elaborate on this event!

20. han-shot-first

May 6, 2006
    well as soon as DH posts some pics, well the pics speak for themselves.[face_whistling]

21. AboutaSith

May 13, 2005
    DH's PC is currently out of commission. :_|

22. han-shot-first

May 6, 2006
    this would explain why there's no contact from him via posts or PM's i've sent him. AaS...could you PM me his number as I wanted to speak with him about CHOC...thanks

23. jedifan77

Mar 19, 2006
    As of last night, the IEFF officially has credits! [face_dancing] A whole 15 of them!! [face_money_eyes] That's better than a punch in the eye! [face_beatup] There are still 2 more days left for the yard sale so I'm expecting great things. HSF and Delta, I didn't ever hear back from either of you on whether you might have an item or two to donate.

24. AboutaSith

May 13, 2005
    Cool! Good luck for the remainder of the sale! [face_dancing]

25. jedifan77

Mar 19, 2006
    The IEFF has a total of 30 credits to it's name. Not much, but at least now I have some credits to "keep".

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.