Yard Sale May 3rd

Discussion in 'Paducah, KY' started by Valhalla, Apr 22, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Valhalla Jedi Knight

star 2
    I just received an email back from the lady organizing the yard sale for Lighthouse ministries. We do have a spot reserved for us. She said so far there are about 20 groups.

The yard sale is being advertised to begin at 6am and go til 1pm. She mentioned her group usually shows up around 5 to set up and there are people going through things as they are pulling them off the truck. They've had a huge turn out each year. I hope to get there around 4:30.

Payment for the "booth" is paid the day of the sale.

She seemed excited "about as excited as you can seem in an email" about the prospect of our trooping. I'm not sure were everyone would change, but I guess our troops have done with less.

As far as Hot Dogs and such, they have Bear on the Air scheduled to be there selling burgers, dogs, ribs and such for the Lighthouse so they think us doing it also would be a conflict of interest. However if we can get power <electricity is not provided, we need a gonk> the Popcorn idea is ok.

We need some volunteers to be there at 5 Sat morning. Anyone who has anything to donate, please have it to KMart by 6am with a price tag. Another set of volunteers to come in about 9am to releave those that braved the dawn to set up would be great also. Troopers would be great about 6 or 7.

So trying to compile an unofficial list.

Who can be there at 5 to help setup and take first shift?

Who can be there about 9 to to second shift and do break down?

Who can troop for us that day?

Who has items to donate to the cause?

Each yard sale our club has been part of has brought in quite a few customers and quite a bit of money for the club. And those yard sales have had not been promoted as this one will be. Also we won't be the only crowd draw there.

Also,

If anyone has quite a lot of items that they wanted to have their own yardsale with. I can get you the info to contact the coordinator of the event to get your own table set up. Yeah it costs $10 but the money goes to a great cause and you won't get traffic like this in your own yard I bet.

:)
  2. DarkLordOsirisPrime1 Jedi Knight

star 2
    I can be there at 5 to help set up. And I'll be more than happy to troop as well. I might have some items but it won't be much. Last year's yard sale cleaned me out.
  3. Valhalla Jedi Knight

star 2

Thank you, thank you and thank you. Anything anyone can give no matter how big or small will help. Clothes you can't wear anymore. Bowls or pans in the cupboard that you never use. Anything can be put to use.

Also, we have always donated our leftovers to goodwill. I will assume this year is no different. If you place anything in the sale that you don't want donated, but won't be there to retrieve yourself. Please let someone know so they can get it for you.

4. LordINVAR Jedi Knight

star 2
    That is my anniversary weekend, and we usually end-up having to referee in the Kentucky Lake Invitiational Soccer Tournament - but I'm going to see if the wife will let me sneak away for a few hours to don some robes and help out there at the Lighthouse sale.

I have an old washer and dryer I'd be happy to donate. The dryer is in perfect working condition, the washer has a broken belt but someone that knows how to fix things might be able to get it working. The only problem would be getting both of them to the sale. I do not own a truck - But perhaps I might ask Silversyder's friend Dennis if he might give some of our junk a lift and maybe troop with us too - depending on his work schedule.
  5. Valhalla Jedi Knight

star 2

Happy Anniversary. How many years? Hopefully the other half will let you out to play. I have the same problem most times.

The washer and dryer are an awesome idea. Thanks. I don't think we will have a problem getting them to sell. If you can't find a way to get them there, let me know. We can probably get something worked out.

6. DarkLordOsirisPrime1 Jedi Knight

star 2
    I'm sorry to say that I won't be able to get to the yard sale early. I found out last night that my wife has to go in to work at 7 in the morning. I'll be there as soon as I can.
  7. Valhalla Jedi Knight

star 2
    Howdy folks,

Now that Cape Con is over, we need to look at the yard sale a little closer. We have less than a week until the event and the only things we have listed for sale are a washer and dryer and a few items I am pitching in. We also have no one that has said they would attend other than Matt.

Is there anyone else with items to donate or anyone who would care to man either of the proposed shifts?

Any troopers coming other than Matt?

8. DarkLordOsirisPrime1 Jedi Knight

star 2
    I'm not sure if I'll be able to come to the yard sale now. My wife's working early, and my in-laws won't be picking my daughter up till later in the afternoon. Trooping is definitely out for me.:_|
  9. BubaFatt Jedi Knight

star 1
    I will be there at 5 am, earlier if needed and can stay til 9 or 9:30. I will also bring some things to sell.
  10. thesilverspyder Jedi Knight

star 1
    I may be there to represent the Jedi, but I'm not a morning person at all. I'll see what I can do. I've definitely got plenty of great clothes I'd like to get rid of. Does anyone have a clothes rack???
  11. MARA-JADED Jedi Padawan

I can be there to help set up and stay till 10ish. I also have a few items I will be donating for the sale.
  12. Nardo Jedi Knight

star 1
    I believe we have two baseball games in the morning at different times. tkytrooper is probably coaching, so probably no trooper and this imperial guard will be taking pics of our jawas playing baseball. Damn, that would be really funny if that actually happened...

Sorry! and most of our crap for a yard sale is still packed up after the move...we are still sorting! Really sorry!
  13. LordINVAR Jedi Knight

star 2
    Still trying to get an okay from the Anniversary Missus to spend some time that morning out there.

We still have the KY Lake Invitiational Soccer Tourney hanging over our heads like a sword of damocles - they have not yet called and scheduled our reffing of games, but I am told they can call us as late as Friday to require that we are there.

Checking with Dennis about getting the Washer and Dryer there and a few other items we are willing to donate to the sale.

14. pacervader Founder & CR of the Paducah Imperials

Chapter Rep
    star 3
    I will be there at 5 to help set up and I have several items including furniture to donate. pv
  15. TheSimi Jedi Knight

star 1
    I can be there in the morning for first shift and trooping if needed. As for sale stuff we don't really have anything this year. Are the ISO doing any baked goods? If so, I can bring stuff for that.
  16. LordINVAR Jedi Knight

star 2
    Well, I talked to Dennis, and he is unsure if he has to work that morning.

If SilverSpyder is going, Dennis said he might try to come if he does not have to work. I unfortunately - am not going to make it.

I had my workhorse computer crash on me last night, and I will need to meet an associate at Grand Rivers at 10 AM Saturday to pick up software for my crashed system as well as my extended warranty, so it appears that not only is my trooping with y'all going to be shot but I'm unsure how to get my donations to you.

The Washer and Dryer are on my carport (like a good Hillbilly) and anyone from the PIMPS is welcome to come pick them up for transport along with the other box of stuff I was donating. Dennis is the only guy I know with access to a pickup truck, so if anyone has a truck or access to one you are welcome to pick up the washer and dryer anytime for the Yard Sale. Remember the Dryer works fine, but the Wash Machine has a broken belt.
  17. Valhalla Jedi Knight

star 2
    Lord Invar. Where do you live?

18. pacervader Founder & CR of the Paducah Imperials

Chapter Rep
    star 3
    I know where he lives, we can work something out when you pick the club stuff up from me tomorrow. pv
  19. TKchris Jedi Padawan

i'll be there tomorrow morning and i will be trooping.
  20. Valhalla Jedi Knight

star 2
    I would just like to thank everyone that came out to support the Yard Sale on Sat. We had a great time hanging out with everyone. If you weren't there you missed a heck of time. I don't have an exact amount but we raised enough to pay for the supplies for the Indy weekend.

Thanks again to all who came out to support the club.
  21. SithMonger Jedi Knight

star 2
    Sounds good. Wish I could have been there, but something come up. In fact, if I would have had two more weeks to prepare, I have enough stuff to get rid of that I definitely could have had my own table. But it's all packed up and I just haven't had time to go through it. In fact, I really need about two more months. If there is another one of these please let me know because I can't go on with all this stuff in my house. Glad we got enough money to do Indy. I hope there were fliers to pass out.
  22. Valhalla Jedi Knight

star 2
    Nope no fliers. I could see another yard sale in our future.
  23. LordINVAR Jedi Knight

star 2
    Well, I'm partly responsible for Sithmonger not making an appearance at all. With my system going down late last week, he was busy Friday night and Saturday at my place trying to rig up a lifeboat for me until my new hard drive comes in mid-week.

Dennis had to work and was unable to get his Dad's truck so we could donate the Washer and Dryer.

Then we had that bad rain on Friday Night - and I understand TPTB decided to pass on stopping by to lug it down in the middle of a cloudburst.

Maybe next time. But glad you all had fun and raised some cashola.
  24. Valhalla Jedi Knight

star 2
    Yeah rain rain everywhere. It was actually pretty comical getting the tables. Picture 2 full grown men each carrying a small umbrella in one hand while carrying a table in another. Chris and I go soaked. Sorry we didn't come for the washer and dryer.
  25. SithMonger Jedi Knight

star 2
    Well, all I did was design the fliers. I wasn't in charge of distribution. I was told get them done before the yard sale so they could be handed out then. Hmmm....ball droppeth?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.