main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Yavin Academy - Very AU J/J, J/TK, A/T. NJO characters in High School Update and Important Note 7/31

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by darkladypurplepencil, May 8, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. darkladypurplepencil

darkladypurplepencil Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 16, 2006
    Alright, so I've had this really twisted plot in my mind for a while now, and I can't seem to shake it, so I'm just going to post the first chapter. If anyone thinks I should continue, please say so.

Since this is an AU story that takes place, not only in our galaxy, but our world as well, I should probably explain some thing first. This takes place in the New Republic of the South Pacific Island Cluster (really bad name, I know). Just think of the Star Wars Galactic Republic and put it into the form of a lot of little islands instead of big planets. Everything else should be explain in the story. The characters are based off the NJO characters starting with YJK and going up through DN, but mostly their charateristics were taken from NJO.

Title: Yavin Academy
    Author: DL Puple Pencil
    Characters: Mainly Jag, Jaina, Jacen, Anikan, Zekk, Lowie, Tenel Ka, and Kyp, but many other characters are involved.
    Summery: She despised him; he loathed her. It was obvious they were meant to be...
    Genre: Romance mostly, but some angst, humor, and drama (aka life) thrown in
    Pairings: as I have already said, J/J, A/T, J/TK are definite, but not necessarily constant (it will make sense later)
    Note for future chapters: I don't hate Zekk, but I did hate his actions in DN, so I've drawn a lot from that.

Chapter 1: First Day

Jag Fel took a deep breath to calm his nerves and walked up the stairs to the giant open doors and into the classy, famous school. His family had just moved to Coruscant in his senior year, and now he would be attending Yavin Academy, one of the most prestigious school in the Islands. He looked around cautiously at the students who milled about in the mall area. They were all dressed similar to him the grey and blue uniforms of the Academy. The dress code, however, seemed to be much more lax than in his previous school on the island of Csilla.

No one looked his way, instead focusing on their already defined cliques, but he observed them. Behind him there was a great wave of girl's excited chatter and giggling coming in from behind him. When Jag looked he saw a light haired boy about a year younger than himself. The boy sported the uniform with a casual flair that no one else had. He had a girl on his right, who wore her uniform conservatively, and a girl on his left, who didn't. Behind them, a long entourage of girls of every grade level followed them, but the leading trio didn't notice.

Jag Fel knew his senior year was definitely going to be far from what his previous years had been.

He felt strange just standing there, but he was told to wait for someone to show him around, and Jag Fel was nothing if not obedient.
    Out of nowhere, Jag was nearly sent sprawling. Three figures zoomed past him on skate boards. From the little he saw of them, he could make out that there were two boys and a girl.

"Jagged Fel?" He turned at the sound of his name. There stood a tall, smiling guy about his age with dark brown hair and eyes. Jag quickly realized that the guy was Jacen Solo, the Cheif of State's eldest son.

"That's me." They shook hands.

"I'm Jacen. Here's your schedule. We have all the same classes, so I guess you're stuck with me."

"Thanks." Jacen smiled and nodded. "And it's Jag, not Jagged."

"Got it. Follow me, first period starts in a few." Jacen was the instantly likeable type.

He chatted jovially about Yavin Academy and the different teachers. He asked Jag if he played any sports. Jag replied "yes" - fencing. Jacen was on the team and encouraged Jag to try out.

They got through the first half of classes rather well. The teachers were nice enough, and Jacen was obviously very popular with them and his peers. It was finally lunch and Jacen led Jag through the cafeteria to his "usual table". the twelve-seater was empty when they got to it. Jacen sat down third from the far end and motioned for Jag to sit across from him. One by one, the table began to fill up. First came a tall, handsome guy who walked around as though something fowl smellin

2. Kidan

Kidan TFN EU Staff star 5 VIP

Jul 20, 2003
    very good start, and I'm interested in where you're heading with this as well.

and did I understand right that you've changed everyone from their respective species into humans?

One suggestion, would be to double space between paragraphs, it makes it easier to read. Thanks!

and if you're going to do a PM list, could I get on that. Thanks!

3. SilSolo

SilSolo Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 5, 2004
    Yeah I suggest double-spacing, too. Very interesting strt and I see a good drama coming up.

4. LeatherNeck

LeatherNeck Jedi Master star 3

Mar 24, 2006
    So every one is human now?

5. JediBettyBug18

JediBettyBug18 Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 13, 2005
    Very interesting so far :)

`anni

6. jedikatie26

jedikatie26 Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 8, 2005
    good story so far
    hope u update soon

7. darkladypurplepencil

Jan 16, 2006
    Hi, all, thanks for reviewing

To Kidan: I can't promise that'll I'll be able to PM you every time (I'm really bad at remembering that sort of thing), but I'll try. Thanks for the advice. Yes, all species have been changed to human, though they still hold similar characteristics to their SW species.

To SilSolo: thanks. Hopefully, it will live up to its potential.

To LeatherNeck: Yes, everyone is human now, but they look similar to their species (i.e. Wookies are very tall with shaggy hair)

To JediBettyBug18: thanks.

To: JediKatie26: thanks.

Expect an update by Saturday.

DL Purple Pencil

8. darkladypurplepencil

Jan 16, 2006
    Chapter 2: Battle of Wills

And that's when he saw her for the first time...

It wasn't love at first sight. In fact, Jag felt slightly revolted by how she looked. Still, Jag found it impossible to look away. Perhaps it was the air of invincibility that hummed all around her, but he doubted it. The girl was... unique was too kind a word. She wore the uniform, but only just. Not that her clothes were a couple sizes to small for her, like Aelma's were, but the regulation jacket sprung from her over stuffed, black messenger bag, and her neck tie was missing entirely. Her sleeves were rolled up to make way for the bangles and bracelets that adorned her arm from wrist to elbow. Unlike everyone else, she wore black military boots and also unlike the other girls, no stockings. Black seemed to be her color of choice. It was the same color as her untamable hair which stood out in stark contrast to her naturally pale, unsmiling features. She walked with both indifference and determination. In one hand, she carried her tray, in the other, a skateboard. Her companion, who Jag noticed slightly belatedly, dwarfed the petite girl with his height which was, most definitely, over 6 foot 2", Jag's own commanding height. The guy seemed less of a friend and more of a bodyguard, with his eyes mysteriously hidden by his shaggy brown hair that was so long it reached to nearly the tip of his nose.

"Hey, Jaina; hey, Lowie," Jacen called as the two approached their table. Jag did a double take. No, it couldn't be. The girl approaching them with an onyx stud in her nose and loops up and down her ears could not be Jaina Solo. This gothic/skater or whatever she was trying to pull off could not be the smiling girl in sundresses with elaborate hair-do's and professionally done make-up that graced the covers of magazines and newspapers and was often shown on television with her family. This... thing could not be the sister of kind hearted Jacen and cool, calm, and collected Anikan. His shock was cut short by her sharp address to him.

"Who the hell are you?" Jag was sure storms in Antartica were less harsh than her voice.

Jacen tried to restrain her. "Jaya, don't worry, this is a friend of mine-"

"Jag Fel." There had been a challenge in her voice, and Jag Fel always rose to a challenge - this time, literally. At his height of over six feet, he felt he would easily be able to stare down her diminutive figure which could not be more than 5'6". But she looked up at him and locked eyes with fierce determination.

Suddenly it occured to Jag that he was... shrinking - for lack of a better word - under her cold, calculated gaze. Within a few minutes of meeting glares, he was at her eye level; then slowly, it became aparent that she was the one staring him down with her hard browm eyes. Unable to stand it any longer, Jag had to look away from her hateful, destrcutive stare. When he did so, he finally noticed his surroundings. No one ate; no one moved; no one talked; event the teachers sat in silence, watching the battle of wills.

"Sit down." Jag followed the acrimonious command without thought. He looked up at her now towering figure. She smirked in triumph but with no pleasure in her eyes, before taking her seat beside Zekk. Jag shakingly turned around in his seat to face the rest of the table. No one moved; everyone stared. Jag looked at Jacen, his new found friend, for help from his malicious sister, but Jacen refused to meet his pleading eyes.

He caught a movement out of the corner of his eye and turned to look. Jaina took a bite from her meal. En masse, the rest of the table and cafeteria began to eat, slowly turning back to their previous conversations.

"Oh, and by the way," Jag once again looked at the frightening young woman who looked at him with an imperious glare and spoke with complete seriousness, "You will address me as Goddess."

9. Kidan

Kidan TFN EU Staff star 5 VIP

Jul 20, 2003
    "Oh, and by the way," Jag once again looked at the frightening young woman who looked at him with an imperious glare and spoke with complete seriousness, "You will address me as Goddess."

[face_laugh] That was really a great line...

great post!

10. Valley_Lord

Valley_Lord Jedi Master star 4

Dec 2, 2005
    She sounds like she's into S&M, as the dominant.

11. ruinevil

ruinevil Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 12, 2005
    [face_thinking] Mistress Solo the Dominatrix

12. Chimpo_the_Sith

Chimpo_the_Sith Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 15, 2003
    I must say that this is quite original AU story :eek: I wonder what will happen next.

Good start :)

BTW Jaina looks and sounds a little bit like Avril Lavigne :D

13. darkladypurplepencil

Jan 16, 2006
    Hi, thanks again for the great reviews!

To Kidan: Thanks; I really liked that line. I wanted to incorporate as much NJO in it as I could without actually having the same conflicts. So I decided that Jaina having this "Goddess complex" would get the Yun-Harla bits in.

To Valley Lord: I don't know about that...

To Ruinevil: not really how I was trying to pull her off as, but that does seem to be the general consensus(sp?).

To Chimpo the Sith: Thanks; I didn't figure something like this has ever been done before. SW characters discovering our planet and marvelling at our primitiveness, yeah, but not this. Is Jaina sounding like she looks like Avril Lavigne a compliment in your book or a diss? She's one of those artists that you can never tell how a person feels about them. Personally, I like Avril, and I liked her before she was all "ooh, it's Avril Lavigne the Anti-Brittney" and before you started walking through the mall to see tons of maniquins(sp?) with loose ties around their necks, so if I subconciously made her seem "Avril-like", it was definitely not meant to make her seem like some sort of clone. She's just a hard ass, and is trying to rebel against everything that she sees her mother as. More about Jaina will come later though, and hopefully you'll see that Jag has a serious prejudice against her that is no where close to the truth.

So, um, yeah, thanks again.

DL Purple Pencil

14. Valley_Lord

Dec 2, 2005
    Use an actual rocker not the corporate poser please, like Sean Yseult. That chick can play some serious bass.

15. Chimpo_the_Sith

Mar 15, 2003
    Yes I like Avril because she's not another Britney Spears or other showing tits star :)

Waiting patiently for another post :)

16. SilSolo

SilSolo Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 5, 2004
    Oh poor Jag.

17. darkladypurplepencil

Jan 16, 2006
    To Valley Lord: ok, I did not mean to make Jaina seem like any person in particular; trust me when I tell you that she's not meant to be Avril Lavigne (who I like simply because though she's popular, like Chimpo said, she's not a slutty idiot like many other pop artists are or act like). I have extremely varied tastes; trust me when I say that one of my favorite mixed CD's has jazz whixh leads into Irish punk rock which leads into Christian rock which leads into AFI (one of my favorite bands of all time) with a bit of country thrown in at the end. Jaina is seen through the Jag filter (his POV is all that I'll be writing with), and he hates (and is slightly terrified of) her as of now. But Jaina is more or less the "real deal," she doesn't dress like she does because she thinks she looks cool, but more on that in later chapters.

To Chimpo the Sith: well thank you then. The post will be coming soon.

To SilSolo: it gets worse.

Hopefully I'll be able to post tonight, but I don't know if I'll still be standing (or sane) after my babysitting job tonight. Dora the Explorer and Disney Princesses dressup - Fun!

The soon-to-be-harrassed-by-small-children Dark Lady,
    Purple Pencil

18. Darkwriter

Darkwriter Jedi Master star 4

Jan 28, 2006
    LOVELY! I loved it. Especially the last line.

So is Jaina like the Girl of the School? Or is she more like a bully?

19. darkladypurplepencil

Jan 16, 2006
    To Dark Writer: you'll see. I can't give to much away about Jaina, honestly I think I've already sadi to much about her.

NOTE: all aliens have been turned to humans, as have droids (mostly)

Chapter 3: Staring

After Jaina's horrible defeat of him, thinkgs didn't tend to improve for Jag. Jacen stayed his friend and with him, most of the group accepted him into their circle at lunch, but it seemed that was only at lunch.

It was two weeks since Jag's first day, and he had heard time after time about the group's awesome parties after they happened, even the carzy girl, Malinza, that was always forming protests and had a different petition to sign everyday was invited, but not Jag. He figured Jaina was a major part of the decision making process.

Jacen was always nice, though, and tried to include Jag as much as possible. With his lead, Tenel Ka and Tekli also accepted him without consideration of Jaina's icy attitude toward him. Alema seemed happy just to have another guy to flirt with, and Raynar was aloof with everyone, so Jag didn't expect much. Anakin was nice enough, but, honestly, too cool to care. He and Tahiri sat at the table, but that was about it. Zekk hated Jad just as much as Jag hated Zekk, so no loss there. But Tesar and Lowie were pretty cool; unfortuately, they were more inclined to follow Jaina than Jacen.

The lunch table seats stayed exactly the same with Jag stuck between cold Jaina and snobby Raynar. The only people who switched seats were Zekk, Lowie, and Tesar. They seemed to be competing to see who would be the one to sit next to Jaina. Honestly, Jag wondered why the guys were crazy enough to compete for the monster in black.

Now, two weeks after making friends with Jacen, he was on his way to hang out with Jacen and the others outside of school on a mid Friday afternoon. He'd been invited for dinner and to stay possibly overnight. Jag didn't know what to expect, but Jacen assured him everything would be casual - his mother wasn't hosting a state dinner or anything that night. They'd just hand, swim, maybe party (Jacen's words, not his).

Jag took his personal speed boat down the canal that led to the Presidential Palace. The canals were one of the things Jag loved about the Islands, few streets and mostly canals.

He finally reached the gate and made it through security.

The monstrous front door was opened before Jag could even knock by a rather prim and stiff butler.

"Ah, you must be Master Jagged. Master Jacen is expecting you. Please come in."

"Thank you." Jag was welcomed into an enormous foyer. He was hardly uncomfortable - his father was a baron, this was the type of home Jag was used to.

"You must be Jag," a petite woman came towards him with a warm smile on her face. The streaks od grey in her thick brunette hair highlighted her classic features.

Jag bent at the waist. "Pres-"

"Leia will do just fine, or, if you must, Mrs. Organa-Solo. There is no need for my sons' friends to be formal." Jag nodded, momentarily stunned by the friendliness of the greatest diplomat on the islands. Jacen obviously took after his mother. "Unfortunately, Jacen had to step out for a moment to bring Tenel Ka to the Hapan Embassy; her grandmother... needs her." Jag again nodded, this time not sure how to respond. "But I'm sure Jai- JAINA SOLO!!"

Leia had turned towards the stairway and was now staring in speechless fury at her daughter. Jag himself was shocked. Jaina stood on the stairway in a bright red bra with nothing but a black fishnet top over it. A black scarf was tied around her hips in a sort of short, pseudo-skirt. Staring up at her, Jag couldn't help but notice her trim figure and toned legs.

"Jaina Solo," Leia's newly returned voice snapped Jag out of his shock. "I certainly hope you were not planning on wearing that in public."

"Gee, Mom, thanks for thinking me that much of a slut. IUt's a bathing suit. I was planning on going swimming, you know, in our private pool. Last time I check tha

20. Chimpo_the_Sith

Mar 15, 2003
    Hehe when I read it for the first time I thought that Jaina got naked in the end :p

And I must say that Jaina and Leia seem to be on two different sides. And I liked how Jag blamed Jaina for everything and that he was cursing himself for looking at her body ;)

21. darkladypurplepencil

Jan 16, 2006
    Chimpo,
    No, definitely not! Jaina was wearing a bikini under the top and scarf!!!! Jaina and Leia definitely are completely different and do NOT under any circumstances get along, an exaggerated version of their relationship during "Rebel" duology before Jaina sort of forgave her and while she was still pretty dark. Jag will continue to blame Jaina for a lot of things as the story progresses, and his cursing himself for being a male in this chapter won't be the last.

DL Purple Pencil

22. darkladypurplepencil

Jan 16, 2006
    hi, all
    thank you for reading and replying. I just reread all of your comments, which really made my day. I just got back from a viewing. My Godmother's mother just passed away, so I went to support her. I'll also be going tomorrow to the funeral. I was going to post today or tomorrow, but now, I don't know when I'm going to be able to. Thanks for waiting.
    DL Purple Pencil

23. Valley_Lord

Dec 2, 2005
    Hmmm. Sounds about right. Hate and distaste are not as strong as sex drive.

(sees responses) Sorry can't respect Someone who has 'help' writing their lyrics. If their not in the band, then they shouldn't be helping with the writing. I'm more of a Rob Zombie/Korn fan.

24. darkladypurplepencil

Jan 16, 2006
    Valley Lord,
    No, they most definitely are not.
    To each his own, I guess. Honestly I'm not a huge fan of either, but whatever.

I'll hopefully be posting this afternoon, so look out for it.

DL Purple Pencil

25. darkladypurplepencil

Jan 16, 2006
    Hi, so here it is, by the way, how do you get the thread line to say when you update. I keep adding it to the end when I post, but it never stays. Anyway... short update, I know, but bear with me; they'll get better.

Chapter 4: Hecate

"Janet Smith, plesae bring me that note now," Mrs. Skywalkler said without turning from the black board. The offender walked slowly from the back of the class and places the note on her front desk. "We'll talk after class."

"Yes, ma'am."

Jag couldn't believe Janet actually thought she'd get away with passing a note in class. Though she left her hair loose, woare casual clothes and was generally easy going, Mrs. Skywalker was one of the strictest teachers at the school. Even jaina Solo pretended to pay attention to her. Were it not for the fact that Mrs. Skywalker was the wife of Headmaster Skywalker (a once rebellion leader against Dictator Palpatine), Jag would believe her to have been a spy for the former dictator because of her unreal ability to know everything that was going on in the classroom - including, Jag thought at times, her students thoughts.

"Today, we will continue reading Act III of MacBeth." Mrs. Skywalker began assigning parts to the class, and Jag couldn't help but smirk when Jaina Solo was assigned Hecate, the Goddess of Witchcraft. "Jaina, since you seem so enthused," Mrs. Skyalker said sarcastically, "You can stnd in front of the class to read your lines."

Jaina got up without hesitation and stood in front of the class and waited for her character's monologue. She seemed unperturbed by having everyone stare at her. didn't she get how foul'looking she was, dressed in black everywhere she could? Jag couldn't believe that just a few days ago he actually considered her somewhat pretty. So, she looked good in a bikini, that didn't change the horrendous visage, destructive behavior, and bitchy attitude she had the rest of the time -

"Have I not reason, beldams as you are, saucy and overbold?" Jaina's harsh words cut through Jag's thoughts.

She continued her monologue, and to Jag's complete confusion, she never once looked at her book. She recited Hecate's speech to the witches without faltering. though she spoke as if she was completely bored by it, Jag could tell it was an act. A few times she slipped up and put inflection in her voice, and thoughout, Jag could hear her accentuate every stressed syllable of the iambic pentameter.

After she was finished, she sat back in her seat, and Mrs. Skywalker had the class continue as if nothing out of the ordinary happened. And Jag had the strangest feeling that he was the only one who thought that it was out of the ordinary.

Next Chapter: "The Captain"

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.