main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Yavin IV: War Room (Site needs to be wakened up...)

Discussion in 'Archive: Fan Sites' started by darthbrendon, Aug 8, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. darthbrendon

darthbrendon Jedi Youngling

Jul 9, 2005
    This site has has problem with members who never log back in.. and I've had one person who deleted his account...

I need someone who will be faithful and post, to join.

http://swfansiteforum.proboards39.com/

(Site made by me)

The RP site is: http://sithcommunity.proboards58.com/

~ Darth Brendon

2. YodaJeff

YodaJeff Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 18, 2001
    Why?

Why should I join your site? Why is it worth my effort to register, log in, and visit?

Don't just tell people to register and post, because most people don't respond well to commands. Give them a reason to. Explain what they can find there that they can't get at any one of a number of other similar websites. Explain why they should visit your site instead of the hundreds of similar ones. If you can't come up with a reason for us to visit, then why should we?

3. darthbrendon

Jul 9, 2005
    I'm not commanding, i'm just saying, why register when you aren't going to join?

I have a reason: I have wonderful pics and info scattered all over the web that peaple can't normally find... and it aint Hyperspace Info. It's maps, fan-stories, databank and archives that only members can view.

4. YodaJeff

YodaJeff Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 18, 2001
    Maybe people register, and then realize it's the same as every other site out there, so they don't feel the need to continue visiting. Unless they're related to you or really good friends with you in real life, people aren't going to continue to visit just because it'll make you happy - they want something in return, whether it's good discussion, interesting news, or some sort of other unique content, with at least semi-frequent updates.

If you have all those things that can't be found at other sites, then why didn't you tell us that in the first post, instead of basically saying "visit my site, nobody else is"?

Why have these things only available to members? People are going to glance at the pages, and if they don't see anything new, they aren't going to bother registering. I see a bunch of forums with very few posts. I can't even see what those posts are without registering, and it isn't worth my time, especially when I know there are already other larger, more established forums that I can post at.

5. darthbrendon

Jul 9, 2005
    I'm trying to make it a larger site!

The main page is here: www.starwarsfan.homestead.com

You can read posts, even if you aren't a member. But there are just a few things that can't be seen by guests. My site use to have a LOT of members, and almost everyone posted. Now everyone stopped. But about 2 members recently started going again.

They seem to enjoy it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.