main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

NYC, NY Yay for the MTA!!!

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by Benae_Quee, Aug 8, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Benae_Quee

Benae_Quee Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 15, 2002
    Yay, the MTA rules, they are the best organization around...HA! I'm stuck at home because once again, the subway system is flooded, because once again, the MTA isn't smart enough to make the drainage systems better! They'd rather spend their surplus making sure the people up top get paid millions of dollars and benfits rather than making sure they darn thing works properly! A train has a broken door - oh well, lets run it anyway and while we're at it, let's give so-and-so a brand new car paid for by company money! Those peons that take our system don't need both doors to function to get on and off the train! AC broken in the cars, eh - crack a window, they'll be fine. Can't hear the subway announcer, okay, let's get one that doesn't speak english and see if they can understand that one any better!
    That is all, that is my rant, and just my opinion. Our boards are a little quiet and thought we needed some action lol.

2. Dark Lady Mara

Dark Lady Mara Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 19, 1999
    It's insane that an organization that makes as much money as we know the MTA does is able to mismanage it so badly that they're able to go on whining about deficits and how they need fare increases. There are plenty of US cities where fares are significantly lower than ours and ridership is also lower due to the fact that more people own cars, yet the company that runs the subway system is still able to balance its books just fine.

3. JadeSolo

JadeSolo Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 20, 2002
    It would also be great if they could use some of their money to make the Canal Street station smell a little better.

Then again, I don't think any amount of money could accomplish that.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.