main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

YaY! I just Pre-Ordered my DARTH VADER 500th Figure

Discussion in 'Collecting' started by GoG, May 24, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Juke Skywalker

Juke Skywalker Force Ghost star 5

Mar 27, 2004
    I was excited about the 500th Vader, until I
    saw that the chamber doesn't come with the top! No
    top, no buy.

2. DruDaJedi

DruDaJedi Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 16, 2002
    I would like to pre-order this figure, but amazon.com is says it is currently unavailable, and i cannot find it on the starwarshop.com website..any suggestions????

3. weezer

weezer Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 16, 2001
    Wait for it to come to stores and pay less for it.

4. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
    Anyone know when this figure is supposed to ship? I've seen everything from June to July listed.

5. Cliodna_ben_Lhee

Cliodna_ben_Lhee Jedi Master star 4

Jul 4, 2003
    vaders, I went in to my amazon orders page and for my pre-order it says: Delivery estimate: June 4, 2005 - June 6, 2005

6. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
    Thanks! So, my weekend will consist of Wal Mart, TRU, and Miejers. :p

7. Odowan

Odowan Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 9, 2004
    Mine says July 28-30!

Forget that! I'll just try to find mine in stores!

8. weezer

May 16, 2001
    You might start looking now then ;)

Rebelscum is reporting that people are finding it in NJ of all places. It was found in TRU with a price tag of $16.99 much lower then the pre-sale (which I caved on and ordered the other day). So start hitting those TRUs if this is something that intrests you ;)

9. weezer

May 16, 2001
    They are in California TRUs too. Now for $15.99. Really kinda wishing I hadn't pre-ordered it at $19.99 + S&H :p

10. Cliodna_ben_Lhee

Jul 4, 2003
    Ugh, now I am wishing I had looked on the stores as well (actually, I did look but they were never there when I went in to the TRU in my town)
    Did anyone receive their 500th Vader they pre-ordered yet?
    After having my status sitting at ?Not Yet shipped? for well past the posted shipped date of June 6th, I emailed customer service to inquire about it. They apologized for not updating me on the back-ordered staus on it, let me know they would be shipping it out on the 23rd and that they were going to, as consolation for my inconvenience, upgrade my shipping to the faster option for free of charge

URRGH! Today I notice that my account was debited for about 6 dollars more than my original invoice. Sure enough, they billed me for the extra shipping that I didn?t even ask for in the first place. I have emailed them about it (after looking for a phone number to call but to no avail). I wonder how long it will take to have the bogus charge refunded?

My Vader is on the way and should arrive monday

11. SithAboveAll

SithAboveAll Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 8, 2005
    i dont care if i paid more by pre-ordering it. at least its one less thing i have to run around looking for

12. masterunico

masterunico Jedi Youngling

Jun 23, 2005
    HERE IN MEXICO CITY, ITS NOW IN THE FAN CLUB STORE SINCE THE TUESDAY, I GOT MINE¡¡ :D

13. My_ScreenName_Sucks

My_ScreenName_Sucks Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 20, 2005
    I pre-ordered mine through SW shop.com. I'll never do that again. It was like 20 bucks. Pricey. I should've waited.

14. weezer

May 16, 2001
    Yep did the same thing. Even after posting here that I wouldn't. Oh well, maybe it will show up, someday.

15. skywalker_1982

skywalker_1982 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 25, 2004
    Haha people paying uk prices for it out the SW shop I bet it would be that price here in the shops

16. Cliodna_ben_Lhee

Jul 4, 2003
    Well, I wrote a big long reply to amazon about the shipping overcharge only to find it had been bounced back since the email addy I replied to could not accept replies. So I found a link in that email addy that sent me to a page on amazon.com where there was a phone number to call. So I called and they are refunding me all of my shipping for my 500th Vader, which means I got him for only 16.99 plus tax as if I had walked into a store and bought him there
    BTW, I did receive him in the mail on Monday. The box was waiting for me when I got home from work. It was in a huge box too! I found that funny, considering the figure isn?t really that big. I had fun for a few minutes popping his helmet off and on for a couple of minutes and now he is sitting on a shelf with the rest of my collection.
    I need some more shelves though, because as small as the figure in the packaging is, He still obscures the Barriss Offee behind him and I had to moe a few other things around as well.

17. robertyodarugenstein

robertyodarugenstein Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 9, 2002
    Mine is on the way from ShopStarWars.com.

18. weezer

May 16, 2001
    Just saw that mine shipped yesterday :D

19. SithAboveAll

SithAboveAll Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 8, 2005
    mine shipped today. cant wait till next week, have that and 2 clone trooper unleashed (red and white) coming in.

20. DarthZemog

DarthZemog Jedi Master star 4

Jan 11, 2002
    Whoo Hoo, apparently it's out for delivery! [face_dancing]

21. Ekkostar

Ekkostar Jedi Youngling star 1

May 25, 2005
    Darn. I'm broke right now and I was hoping that 500th Vader would be my first Darth Vader action figure.
    By the time I am able to afford it, it will probably be gone. :_|

22. evildeadjedi

evildeadjedi Jedi Youngling star 2

May 28, 2005
    I went to 2 TRU's yesterday and they both had them showing(3 at one store and one at the other) the computer but nowhere to be found in the aisles.....I think its only a matter of time they will be everywhere.

23. DarthZemog

Jan 11, 2002
    Oh yeah, this is a very cool figure! I'm so glad that Hasbro made it so that with a small amount of care, and/or a large amount of patience you can open this figure up without destroying the very nice display package it came in.

After seperating the chamber from the base, the hardest part IMHO, things go pretty smooth. A couple of twisty ties and two rubber bands are all that stand in you way.

The figure is sweet. Nice articulation, excellent detail to the costume and the helmet fits perfectly and somewhat secure too! I also like how you can raise and lower the helmet on to him while he's sitting in his chair! His cape, lightsbaer and extra hand to hold the saber are hidden in the front of the base, so becareful getting those out, if you want to still have a nice base display! Overall I'm glad I got this one! I highly recommend picking one up or ordering one online. It's a very nice addition to my collection.

~DZ
    :cool:

24. robertyodarugenstein

robertyodarugenstein Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 9, 2002
    I got mine today. :) Looks great. I was going to leave mine in the package but I may take it out. To me the bubble looks "cloudy". It's not "clear" like all the other bubble's. Is anyones else 500th Vader look like this?

25. DarthZemog

Jan 11, 2002
    Yeah, mine has the foggy cover too. Do they all have this? I havne't seen this fig in stores, I ordered mine from SWshop.com with a gift card I got.

I would recommend taking him out, as I said in my earlier post, the package is designed to be opened and resealed if you take your time. It's totally worth it too! :D

~DZ

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.