main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

YaY! I just Pre-Ordered my DARTH VADER 500th Figure

Discussion in 'Collecting' started by GoG, May 24, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darthforce23

Darthforce23 Jedi Youngling

May 26, 2005
    Has anybody seen these in their local stores? Because I sure haven't. I heard that a Toys R Us in New Jersey had them, and I live in Connecticut, but I haven't seen a thing.

2. k3po

k3po Jedi Knight star 6

Mar 21, 2001
    NOPE

3. weezer

weezer Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 16, 2001
    Yep the plastic seems a bit cloudy. Its much heaver weight then I expected though so I would imagine that is to blame.

I'll have to try opening it up. It does look like it will go back together pretty easy.

I never thought it was possible but I might just have enough vader figures.

4. long_long_ago

long_long_ago Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 14, 2005
    hello, I have just received mine from amazon.co.uk. The package is a bit lame IMO:mad:
    Mine comes with a deformed box-base. The plastic cover looks fine still. but not very clear though. I also found that vader has wrong paint at shoulders, they are supposed to be silver but here is black.am i mistaking something?

vader's arms are bit loos too, but they will stay anyway...
    I like this figure as a special set but not that vader as I believe the evolution version is so far the best vader ever.:cool:

BTW, i have yet to see one of these in any of my local shops by far.

5. weezer

weezer Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 16, 2001
    Silver shoulders :confused:

I don't think I've ever seen that. I definatly don't remeber it from the movies.

6. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Just got my Vaders from Entertainer. I noticed the silver shoulders as well. All I can think of is that whoever designed it took their inspiration from the scene in RoTS where Vader comes upright on the operating table. I saw the film again yesterday and in that scene Vader's shoulder piece does look silver in places due to the overhead operating theater light shining on it.

7. SithAboveAll

SithAboveAll Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 8, 2005
    i think it looks fine

8. DarthRusty

DarthRusty Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 30, 2005
    The new ROTS paint scheme does have the shoulders as silver. I just got my Gentle Giant Vader statue the other day and its shoulders are silver as well. As are the shoulders on the Operating Table Vader from Hasbro.

9. SithAboveAll

Feb 8, 2005
    new hallmark ornament has silver i think as well...

10. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    I just noticed that my Vader Unleashed (1st version) has the silver as well.

11. long_long_ago

Jun 14, 2005
    hi, weezer! I think vader is wearing some sort of shoulder armor which is part of his 'main silver/black body armor'(god, i dont know how to describe this thing:mad: ), well, it's not all silver but partly. and in most time they are hinden by his cape i think that why you didnt see it.O:)

12. SithAboveAll

Feb 8, 2005
    i think weezer just got owned by the chestplate...:D

13. Darth Murph

Darth Murph Jedi Master

Nov 27, 1999
    Just picked this up this morning in a toy shop here in south east Ireland (Wexford to be precise) for 14.99 euro.

Quite surprised to see it really. Finally got a Darth Tater for the same price last week.

14. FRANKTHERABBIT

FRANKTHERABBIT Jedi Padawan star 4

May 31, 2004
    This is a great figure! :) I love the packaging, I love the action figure, and I especially love the meditation chamber control console surrounding Vader and his chair.

Overall this is a very cool figure.

Don't mind the cloudy plastic at all.

The collarbone armour on Vader looks okay - I don't have a problem with it.

This is now one of my all-time favourite action figures!!!!!

Well-done Hasbro!

:) And to think, I wasn't going to purchase one at all - what could I have been thinking!!!!! :oops:

Thank goodness I was converted!!!!!!!!! ;)

15. SithAboveAll

Feb 8, 2005
    i like the addition to my growing collection

16. darcphoenyx

darcphoenyx Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 12, 2001
    I think I'm probably going to pass on this one...though that might change if/when I see one in stores. I passed on the ROTS Vader because I already owned the VOTC Vader which made him look redundant. With the excellent looking Evolutions Vader on the way I sort of have the same feeling about this 300th figure version.

The figure itself looks fine...but the base doesn't do much for me, since it seems to be rather off-scale and ultimately designed for in box display (I prefer my figures loose). So when you consider the extras you're getting for the price the two Anakin figures kind of trump the meditation chamber for me.

Ultimately, I just don't see the need for four nicely detailed and well articulated Darth Vader figures with cloth capes.

Am I missing something here?

17. RolandofGilead

RolandofGilead Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 17, 2001
    I just got mine the other day at K-Mart. Generally I'm a loose figures guy myself, but I guess you could consider this already set for display. It will look nice on a book shelf although the plastic is a little cloudy for my tastes.

My daughter discovered it this morning and decided it was Garth Vader taking a shower. She had a ball putting his helmet on and off.

18. Master_Jedi80

Master_Jedi80 Jedi Youngling star 3

May 27, 2005
    I found a Vader 500th at TRU in Times Sq on 7-19. (someone above asked if any were in stores in the NY/NJ arwa i think)

Question to those who have it...Should i take it out of the package??
    I am normally a definite lose figure collector, but i do liek the look of the encompassing chamber.
    is there stuff inside the package i cant see?? does it look good even when outsid ethe package.. i plan to display it with Vader sitting down as its sold, so should i even bother???

19. long_long_ago

Jun 14, 2005
    The lightsaber, another right hand and Vader's cloak are inside the card base. You need to open it in order to get them out.

20. darcphoenyx

darcphoenyx Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 12, 2001
    I finally saw some of these at retail. They were hiding behind some other, taller items and I almost missed them.

My first reaction..."wow, that thing is tiny!"

I didn't walk out with one because all seeing it did was confirm my opinions from seeing it online. While he's a great looking Vader the base is just too out of scale and the packaging (which was a great idea) is just poorly executed. So unless he grows on me the more I see him (which is possible) I don't think I'll be shelling out the $15 for yet another good looking Vader when I already have some in my collection.

21. Darth_Fenix

Darth_Fenix Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 10, 2005
    I got mine just a few days ago and I have to say it fits really well with my growing Darth Vader collection :D

22. Siths_Revenge

Siths_Revenge Jedi Youngling star 7

Jul 27, 2004
    I got mine from SWShop.com, and I think it's one of the best Vader figures. I wish the Medical Table Vader figure looked this good!

23. KEVINBACON

KEVINBACON Jedi Youngling

Jul 25, 2005
    I just realised that my ROTS delux rebuild vader figure has two left feet!

:) Instead of a right foot boot, he has a two left feet, both inscribed with "copyright 2005 LFL" on the sole.

Anyone else found this on this figure?

24. Darth_Nefar

Darth_Nefar Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 4, 2005
    My Saesee Tiin figure has two left feet as well, though I don't believe the Vader does.

25. MidnightRain

MidnightRain Jedi Master star 4

Jul 16, 2003
    Every time I read this, I get a mental image of Darth Vader singing country music. [face_laugh]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.