main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Yay! New Revell Model Kits!

Discussion in 'Collecting' started by JediMasterGuff, Jan 16, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediMasterGuff

JediMasterGuff Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 18, 2002
    TOS just announced new model kits by Revell.

Their ROTS line was fantastic (I've got both Anakin and Obi-Wan's starfighters - love them) and I'll be sure to pick up the new X-Wing and Millennium Falcon kits.

2. SithAboveAll

SithAboveAll Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 8, 2005
    "Easykit snap kits"

word....my kind of models

3. Juke Skywalker

Juke Skywalker Force Ghost star 5

Mar 27, 2004
    Sweet. Models are cool.

4. Rebel_Spook

Rebel_Spook Jedi Master star 4

May 14, 2002
    First, I hate the fact that all the good sets came out overseas in 2005 (and looks like that will continue for the future). Second, all of these sets are SNAP! Not very interested in prepainted, non-glue kits. Third, these are all ships that have been done to death!

5. JEDI_MISFIT138

JEDI_MISFIT138 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 6, 2003
    Awesome, this is great news to me. These are perfect for someone like me who doesn't have the patience, skill or desire to bulid a model but has always drooled over how good they look when finished. I'll definitely be getting some of these. Hopefully they'll make a B-Wing and an A-Wing.

6. CrazyMike

CrazyMike Former Mod & RSA star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 4, 2000
    I am looking forward to be picking up these sets when they come available in my neck of the woods :)

7. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    I picked up a couple of the RoTS ones when Entertainer had a 'buy one get the second half-price' sale. They were all the 'Easy' ones since I am hopeless with paint and glue. I will probably pass on these though. If they were doing a Slave I then I might be interested!

8. JediMasterGuff

JediMasterGuff Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 18, 2002
    The only regular ROTS model kit (unpainted, glue needed) was the Republic Crusier, costing £20. I'm hopeless with the regular kits too, but it looks so good, I reckon I'll give it a shot sometime.

LAJ, do you have the ARC-170 and a Jedi Starfighter? Do you know if they are in scale with each other?

9. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    I've got the ARC but the other one I got is the AT-RT. I believe the box sizes are the same on the ARC and Starfighter. I think all of the boxes were the same size except the Cruiser. If Entertainer has any left I will check when I am there tomorrow.

10. skywalker_1982

skywalker_1982 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 25, 2004
    Well I have the obi wan starfighter and the droid tri-fighter passed on the arc-170 and the crusier, they are very decieving cause even though they are in the same size boxes the scale of the crusier and the arc-170 are very small and makes the droid tri-fighter look like a death star so all the scales are wrong.

11. IncomT65

IncomT65 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 28, 1999
    Well, i.m.o. Revell kits are scavenger material compared to the kits from Finemolds. I have built quite a few F-1 racing cars and sportscars and always bought Tamiya (another great Japanese firm) models. Bought a few Revell kits, but quickly stopped doing that.

12. Gul-Dak-Herann

Gul-Dak-Herann Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 12, 2005
    I'm a modeller/mini painter, so I'm a fan of model kits (not so much the easy snap-fit crappily pre-painted models), and I've recently expanded my knowledge on painting minis (I'm the kind of guy who'd buy those Star Wars Mini's there are, and then deciding on giving them a repaint cos they don't look right), so I may take this onto building model kits.

13. Juke Skywalker

Juke Skywalker Force Ghost star 5

Mar 27, 2004
    Snap-together? Hmmmmmmm, not a big fan of those. I'll wait to see what the box artwork looks like.

14. The_Seto

The_Seto Jedi Youngling

May 31, 2005
    I cannot agree more. Have any of you seen the new Millenium Falcon or Slave I by FineMolds? Now those are models, not these lame snap together kits that Revell puts out.

15. Pumpkin_King

Pumpkin_King Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 27, 2003
    Darn! I was hoping for something I could use with my Unleashed Battlepacks like an AT-AT or something.

16. SithAboveAll

SithAboveAll Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 8, 2005

links dont work...

17. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    I know they were working. Maybe the site had to remove the information.

18. JEDI_MISFIT138

JEDI_MISFIT138 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 6, 2003
    Darn! I was hoping for something I could use with my Unleashed Battlepacks like an AT-AT or something.

You should check out the AT-AT by Wizards, Roland. It's $50, but it looks really good and would be great for the battle packs. They have some at the comic shop I go to and I'm gonna get one in the next few weeks to have ready for the Hoth Battle Packs.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.