main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Toronto Yay! (possible spoilers for those who still haven't seen it...like Jacqui...)

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by Jedi_Kat, May 19, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_Kat

Jedi_Kat Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 6, 2002
    Okay...so I got to see it tonight! And really really wished I had been able to see it with you guys, mostly for the reason that when the Lucasfilm logo came on the screen, and my friends and I cheered, some stupid girl in front of us said loudly: "Shut up!" I wanted to punch her in the face! But that is not the way of the Jedi.

Anyway, first half licked, but second half was rocking! Yoda kicks booty (of course!) and I was happy with it for the most part! Did enjoy seeing Jeremy Bulloch's name in the credits, and also that "Stand-in for Mr. Christensen" was a chap by the name of "Peter Jackson". :p

Didn't catch George's cameo, and am wondering what happened to Mon Mothma. Was disappointed with General Grievous, and terribly digusted with the silly angsty "Nooooooo" at the end by Vader of all people...but I would still go see it again!

WOOT!

2. jellicle_jedi73

jellicle_jedi73 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 26, 2005
    Yup, noticed Mon Mothma's dissaperance too. And i activley looked for her the second time......

the no was pretty bad, but R2 kicked but sooooo royally it made up for it....... Glad you had a good time.

3. Rabellaka

Rabellaka Jedi Master star 4

Nov 20, 2002
    Yay, my boyfriend said he'd go see it with me this afternoon! Now I can talk to him about it! Artoo was so cool during this, and I love Threepio's reaction to the order to have his memory wiped.

4. Woofer

Woofer Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 27, 2001
    I spotted Mon Mothma on the second showing.

The only time you can see is the very wide shot before the shuttle bearing Palpatine, Obi and Anakin lands, and are greeted by the dignitaries.

She is the only one wearing a long white dress, and in the digital screening you can make out its the costume with the silver headdress.

That was it. According to the Making of book the scene that shows the beginnning of the Rebellion with the dissident Senators was cut last year already. Considering Padme's "peacock" dress worn in the Vanity Fair shoot and featued in a web doc on costumes was worn in that scene, and they made Mon Mothma figures and showed her in several places, the hope is the scene wil be restored in the DVD version. People seem to not mind extended DVDs. I guess because its easy to just hit the pause button.

5. Jedi_Kat

Jedi_Kat Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 6, 2002
    Oooh...I'm ACTUALLY looking forward to this one on DVD!!

6. Rabellaka

Rabellaka Jedi Master star 4

Nov 20, 2002
    I love DVDs, mostly so I can listen to the commentaries....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.