main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

San Fran, CA Yeah baby, YEAH!

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by Jedi_Tenken, Jan 10, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_Tenken

Jedi_Tenken Jedi Master star 4

Aug 11, 2000
    http://www.forbes.com/prnewswire/feeds/prnewswire/2006/01/09/prnewswire200601091014PR_NEWS_B_NWT_SF_SFM079.html

2. skye_solo

skye_solo Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 6, 2004
    Way to go, Ming!

3. Tatooinepadme

Tatooinepadme Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 27, 2005
    That's awsome. The real question now is when is the party. lol Here is a good excuse for a really big ho-ho.

4. Harlock415

Harlock415 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 21, 2003
    Be careful, Cisco was named best company to work for too before they implosed;)

5. Ms_Skywalker

Ms_Skywalker Jedi Knight star 3

Jun 17, 2005
    Impressive ... most impressive

6. Callisto_DAerisian

Callisto_DAerisian Jedi Knight star 2

May 26, 2005
    kewl! maybe i could apply there. my new boss is late with paying employees. kinda sux!!!

help!

7. LeiaAsylum

LeiaAsylum Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 9, 2003
    Congrats Ming, you sure have a great job all around! :)

Now if you can just get Genentech to be the official sponsor of the SFFF ... [face_laugh]

8. elmoizme

elmoizme Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 27, 2005
    Awesome ....

Mings next secret project at work.. cloning himself :D

9. JedHead1

JedHead1 Jedi Master star 5

Feb 20, 1999
    Yeah, if Ming keeps cloning and cloning himself, eventually there'll be a more modest version. ;)

10. TionneHawk

TionneHawk Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 28, 2002
    I don't think that's possible, Matt. Natural law states that as one duplicates oneself, the ego increases exponentially. ;)

Kidding Ming! Much love for you and Genentech. They make the things that keep me in a job. :)

11. Harlock415

Aug 21, 2003
    Actually if we get a strand of Shania's hair......

well, we'd probably never see him again.

12. Jedi_Tenken

Aug 11, 2000
    Funny how the guys want to make fun it first off or say something negative and the ladies are all impressed or think super awesome. Very interesting... [face_thinking]

Regardless I didn't post it to toot my own horn. Having Genentech as #1 in the 100 best places to work does nothing for me at all. I mean, do I get anything out of it? No... I work there and am I'm use to it. We just bust our butts to churn out drugs that save thousands if not millions of lives. I also don't love Genentech because of what it's given me now, I loved Genentech even BEFORE I worked there and totally made it a life goal to get there (I didn't think I'd get it so soon but the impossible is what Rogues do best...). It's not a matter of modesty it's a matter of being passionate about something greater than yourself and being apart of it. Sounds like something else we're all familiar with... So if I do post something concerning Genentech, it's not a matter of bragging, it's a matter of showing a passion for something outside of our normal Star Wars/movie medium. I could care less if you make fun or joke about it or me, but I'd like folks to know about something that I believe deeply in outside of SW.

Anyway, I just got back from my team building with my regular Days 1 crew from Final Recovery Ops. We did a ropes course, rock climbing, and had a nice dinner w/drinks at City Beach in Fremont. Left work at 2pm to do it too! Now that's G-Life baby!

13. Harlock415

Aug 21, 2003
    Dude, don't take it wrong, if we didn't care we would have ignored your post.

14. elmoizme

elmoizme Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 27, 2005
    Teasing is the unwritten rule of guys showing some love bro [face_love] .. oh wait.. maybe it was written on a bathroom wall somewhere? [face_beatup]

15. Jedi_Tenken

Aug 11, 2000
    yeah, I know about the whole male hazzing thing. Happens all the time at work. I just find it interesting... Still I'm just making myself clear. You don't mess with Genentech without messing with me.

Speaking of which I just came back from my old high school because I was visiting the Genentech Master who instructed me. Those kids are gonna be so damned well trained... I ended up talking to the 2nd year biotech class for a little while and got them fired up. I miss being in that class so much... Little jealous of the labs they get to do... Nothing I haven't done before though. ;) Although at their age... dang.

16. SiaLanWezz

SiaLanWezz Jedi Knight star 2

May 8, 2004
    Congrats Ming on you company successes; now are they going to give all you working stiffs a raise or is that strictly reserved just for the top layer? You could use a new car dude or quit having one too many after work.[face_laugh]You know I am just kidding.

17. Jedi_Tenken

Aug 11, 2000
    I'm due for a raise in March. Also I intend to drive my Corolla till it's dust. I don't give a crap about cars or status mind you. So I could care less what you or anyone thinks of what I drive. A car goes from point A to point B it's the journey that's more important and the destination. Even if it is teasing there probably was more than just a grain of opinion in that statement.

18. Tatooinepadme

Apr 27, 2005
    Hell my corolla is 17 years old. As long as you make sure your's is still safe to drive. But given that you drove it once with a broken axle, you can probably drive anything. lol Not that new cars are not nice but then there is all the worrying about getting that first scratch.

19. JedHead1

Feb 20, 1999
    My first car was a Corolla, and I HATED it! It was nothing but problem after problem, and expenses after expenses. Once I and my mom and brother got in two separate accidents in it, that was it. Besides, "ever since the XP-38 came out, they just aren't in demand!" ;)

20. AnasianSkywalker

AnasianSkywalker Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 2, 2003
    Yeah, it's probably too late now, but tonight during the 9pm KRON 4 news broadcast, they should be doing a story on this very company...

So if you're on these boards, or are watching the Golden Globes Instead, go to these spoilers( http://www.hfpa.org/nominations/index.html) then watch the story on Genentech! [face_mischief]

http://kron4.com/

21. Jedi_Tenken

Aug 11, 2000
    Darn... missed it, but maybe our stock will go up tomorrow cos of it! ;)

22. Tatooinepadme

Apr 27, 2005
    They showed the cafeteria. Now I know what you have been talking about Ming.

23. Rogue6

Rogue6 Jedi Master star 2

Mar 12, 2002
    still gotta find the Forbes mag Ming...

I've gotta check this place out. Ming speaks so highly of it.

I have to admit, reading the following replies have been hilarious!

24. JedHead1

Feb 20, 1999
    I actually had an ex-girlfriend who worked for Genentech. I'm glad they didn't clone her!

25. Jedi_Tenken

Aug 11, 2000
    Actually the cafeteria they show is the upper campus cafeteria. It's nicer, which is usually why we try to go there. Unfortunately we don't get to go at the hours we'd like but there is usually free food somewhere thanks to Genencatering it's just a matter of walking around and hunting for it. Thank the Force for our gym.

Case, next time your in town we'll totally go! Hohos every friday at 5pm. That Brazilian BBQ place is hella near by too.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.