Indi, IN #*&$# Yeah!!! LFL asks Indy Convention Center to hold Celebration 3 dates open...

Discussion in 'Mid West Regional Discussion' started by Sebulba-X, May 13, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Club_333 CR Indy Knights Indianapolis, IN

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    well, if they eliminate the marathon people, that gives the center even more space. the dome holds 18,000 or so in the seats, more can fit on the floor. for the people in lines, why not have tv monitors playing fanfilms, star wars documentaries, the pop culture stuff, the stars giving autographs via closed circuit, the programs inside the filled rooms via closed circuit... anything to keep their minds of the droning monotony of the line.

to speed up the mornings, why not do registration at hotels the night before. many other conventions in indy do this.
  2. LovelyLotus Jedi Knight

star 3
    First I want to say Congradulations for being picked for C2, and for the being the repeat for C3. It's a good pick, and you guys did a bang up job! I was really impressed with the Knights, and happy to meet as many as I could. It's great to see that you guys will help be in charge of another great convention. That's very exciting news indeed.

If you need anymore helping hands, please let Cincinnati know, we're here to lend support in any way we can. You came to us with help when we were in need when we first started our group, and offering any help we can would be an honor and a privilage for all the help you've offered us.

Thanks!
    Lotus!
  3. R2-B9 Force Ghost

star 3
    Yes, I'm getting a suite, and there will be festivities.

The dome is a great idea for the huge events. It has a permanent seating capacity for 60,500 people, so that would work out pretty well.

Other ideas.. how about closed-circuit monitors of what is going on the main stage for those who are waiting in autograph lines? That way, people can have their cake, and taste the icing too.

Autograph room? use the entire space where the book giveaway/Hasbro archive was put. With sufficient ropes & stanchions to organize the mayhem.

Oh, we're going to have such a party in 2005.. too bad it may be the last Star Wars event of that size. We'll have to make it super-memorable.

AND THIS TIME, DANGIT, GEORGE LUCAS BETTER SHOW UP! I CAN'T KEEP COVERING FOR HIM!!!
    (j/k) ;)

R2-B9

4. JediKitty Jedi Master

star 1
    Set in stone it may not be...

but still...:::does a quick happy dance while the padawans aren't looking:::

5. Xizor@TheView TFN Collecting, Former IK President

VIP
    star 3
    OK,,

Of course I will be taking volunteer names starting a week from friday. Be sure to have you name, e-mail, bloodtype and next of kins available upon request.

Assuming that the schedule is unsed to it's fullest extent as this time, and given that fact that there will four times the number of people each day (what you DON'T think we could fill the dome eveyday??????) I will need the names fo 1,000 volunteers.

Karen,

I will need these broken down by the following:
    Name
    Phone
    SS#
    Country
    DOB
    collector/non collector
    costumer/non costumer
    Underpant/ non underpants
    and finally

Blood type

I will then take names for shifts in non reverse order of seniority. Special requests will be offered at an addition $5 surcharge to cover Advil costs.

Ron, you want to handle the autograph sked? :)

6. Incom4 Jedi Master

star 4
    Oh no.....here we go again!!!!

Before we start I need a bottle of Aleve, Malox and Corona.

and I also need about tree fiddy

But count me in...its all good :D
  7. Club_333 CR Indy Knights Indianapolis, IN

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    does anyone know what the world record is for "largest audience inside a movie theatre"? first, we get the dome a digital projector, then, we sell tickets to episode 3... then we get the women (o.k., so most of my ideas are from homer simpson).
  8. OriginalBryGuy Jedi Youngling

star 1
    Someone call Texas Instruments....TOMORROW!! haha
  9. Sebulba-X •X C2 C3 MW RSA•

star 6
    Per the universal rules standardized by "Calling Shotgun" *steps outside, in plain view of the convention center* I call whatever room Rick "CENSORED Grimm" McCallum is showing movies in for my volunteering duty.

:p
  10. Shara Jedi Master

star 4
    I have dibs on Ewan, I don't care what you say! [face_devil]
  11. R2-B9 Force Ghost

star 3
    Well,if we're calling out stars, I claim dibs on Bonnie Piesse.. Or Amy Allen...

R2-B9
  12. Qui-John Jedi Knight

star 3
  13. OriginalBryGuy Jedi Youngling

star 1
    I call the "Official Unofficial Star Wars Afterparty"
  14. Lord_Ruthven_00 Jedi Knight

You guys are too funny....

yes, it's the return of everyone's favorite underlining menace, L_R_00.

I'm in this time for whatever. Walking behind banthas...tending bar at the afterparty...putting my jacket down in a puddle for George to step on....whatever. And I'm going to make a more honest effort to be more involved in the Knights. I'm having some computer issues at work and home right now, but it will get better.

well, we've got 3 years to plan, who's bringing the puppy chow? [face_laugh]
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.