main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SWRPF Archive "Yes, Father." [The Empire Strikes Back alternative]

Discussion in 'Star Wars Role Playing Archive' started by SaberGiiett7, Apr 30, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SaberGiiett7

SaberGiiett7 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 2, 2002
    "I am your father."

Shocked, Luke looks at Vader in utter disbelief.

"No. No. That's not true! That's impossible!"

"Search your feelings. You know it to be true."

"No! No! No!"

"Luke. You can destroy the Emperor. He has forseen this. It is your destiny. Join me, and together we can rule the Galaxy as father and son."

Luke is at a crossroads.

"Come with me. It is the only way."

"I... I... Yes, father."

This is the story of what would happend if Luke Skywalker had chosen an altogether different fate for his life. If Luke had embraced the dark side of the Force.

You will enter the game as the main players of the STAR WARS saga. What would happen if Luke and Darth Vader had killed the Emperor? used the Death Star? Yoda had trained Leia in the Force?

Available Characters:

Emperor Palpatine, Lord Darth Vader, Leia Organa, Jedi Master Yoda, Obi-Wan Kenobi's ghost, General Han Solo, The Emperor's Hand Mara Jade, Lando Calrissian, Chewbacca, Mon Mothma, C-3PO, and R2-D2.

Any and all additional characters that you would like to assume the role of should be cleared first by me. I am positive there are a few more key players that I failed to mention.

I reserve the right to play as Luke Skywalker.

Character Sheet:

Name:
    Bio:
    Description:
    Affiliation:

Good luck, and may the Force be with you. :)

<[-]> Saber

2. Master_Burhead

Master_Burhead Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 1, 2005
    Name: Yoda
    Bio: You should know
    Description: small and green
    Affiliation: Jedi

3. darthnick11

darthnick11 Guest

Name: Darth Vader

Bio: Click Here

Description: Darth Vader wears a black cape and has entirely black armor. He is tall, menacing, and terrifies anyone who is near him. Vader's mask makes him breath strangely,and it just makes him even more terrible. Even though he is terribly weakend, Vader's muscular arms and legs make him strong and fast, and not easy to defeat. He has a small plate on his chest that helps control his breathing, sight, and other bodily functions.

Affiliation: The Empire, Sith

4. SaberGiiett7

Jul 2, 2002
    Welcome, Master_Burhead. I have received a message from Squishy_Vic that he plans on assuming the role of Lando Calrissian. Just a note: Listed characters don't need my approval. Just grab 'em. :D

Edit: Welcome, darthnick11.

<[-]> Saber

5. Squishy_Vic

Squishy_Vic Jedi Master star 4

Dec 18, 2004
    Character Sheet:

Name: Lando Calrissian

Bio: Cardplayer. Scoundrel. You'll like him. That was Han Solo's hurried precis on his old pal, Lando Calrissian. While the description is accurate, it barely scratches the surface of this complicated rogue. Calrissian is at home in the shadowy reaches of the fringe, the underworld culture that permeates the galaxy. While he has rubbed elbows with hunters, mercs, outlaws and gangsters, Lando's main difference is that his elbows were covered by some of the most expensive and fashionable clothes this side of the Core. Lando has style and class; some would say in excess. He is a man of sophisticated tastes, and settles for nothing short of the best in his surroundings, his belongings, his look, and his female companionship. Han and Lando go way back, you'll hear them say, but it hasn't always been friendship and camaraderie. Solo and Calrissian have been rivals in the past. A bitter point of contention between the two has been the ownership of the Millennium Falcon. The deceptively dilapidated freighter once belonged to Calrissian, and much to the gambler's chagrin, he lost it to Solo in a heated game of sabacc. Though Solo insists he won fair and square, Calrissian still questions Solo's victory, if only to goad the Corellian. Lando was the first of the two friends to go "respectable," a fate worse than death to some smugglers. He distanced himself from the life on the run, and settled down in the floating metropolis of Cloud City, on the gas planet Bespin. Lando became baron-administrator of the city and its lucrative Tibanna gas mining operation. Where once he had only looked out for himself, Lando now found himself responsible for the lives of millions of Cloud City residents. Despite himself, Lando found that he had a knack for administrative duties, and enjoyed being a businessman and community leader as much as a cardshark. Lando's new world came crashing down around him when the Empire arrived at Cloud City. It was shortly after the Battle of Hoth when the Dark Lord, Darth Vader, and the masked bounty hunter Boba Fett came before him. They had tracked down the Falcon and its crew heading to Cloud City, and forced Calrissian to agree to turn Solo over to the Empire. In exchange, the Empire would not interfere with Cloud City, and allow it to remain an independent colony. Calrissian was torn -- was a friend's life worth more than the lives of his people? Reluctantly, Calrissian agreed to the Empire's plan and lured Solo into a trap. Throughout the ordeal, Vader kept altering his end of the bargain, and Calrissian was powerless to stop him. The gambler learned an important lesson: never deal with a Dark Lord. With all the cards on the table, Lando realized that he was set up to lose. Although Solo was captured, frozen in carbonite, and taken to the vile gangster Jabba the Hutt, Calrissian seized the initiative to redeem himself. He freed Solo's friends, Leia Organa and Chewbacca, and warned Cloud City's populace of the impending Imperial takeover. Calrissian, aboard the Millennium Falcon, led the escape from the city.

Description:
    [image=http://swg.stratics.com/content/lore/personas/images/lando_calrissian.jpg]

Affiliation: The Rebellion

6. darth_nemisis

darth_nemisis Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 15, 2004
    This has already been done before...by me...but I didn't go very far with it. So, I am going to sign up with this one. I reserve Palpatine if that is alright.

darth_nemisis

7. Darth_Vaders_cousin

Darth_Vaders_cousin Jedi Knight star 5

Nov 12, 2004
    OOC: If its alright, I'd like to take both Han and Chewy...

IC:
    Name: Han Solo
    Bio: Han Solo a Coriellian space smuggler that began working for Jabba the Hutt. Han Solo won a modified Coriellian Corvette the Millennium Falcon from Lando Calrassian. After working for Jabba the Hutt for a while Han Solo got into debt with Jabba and one day in a cantina in Mos Eisly meet Ben Kenobi and Luke Skywalker.

Han Solo agree to take Ben, Luke, R2-D2, and C-3PO to Alderaan for 17,000 credits, enough to pay for Jabba the Hutt before bounty hunters came after him. When arriving to the Alderaan System they discover that Alderaan was destroyed. They end up in a small moon size base which is the Death Star and they soon discover that Princess Leia of Alderaan is on the Death Star, too. Luke with Han Solo and Chewbacca make a plan to rescue Leia. They rescue Leia and escape on the Milennium, without Ben who died fighting Darth Vader.

After escaping from the Death Star the docked at Yavin 4 the secret rebel base and Han left Luke, Leia, and the droid on Yavin 4 to fight the Death Star. Han fell off somewhere until turning and helping Luke destroy the Death Star. Later Han and Luke was awarded medals by Princess Leia.

Han Solo later helped the rebel move their base to Hoth which was soon discovered. Han Solo with Leia and C-3PO escaped in the Falcon to an asteroid field with the Empire tailing them into the field. The Millenium Falcon escaped the asteroid field and after a chase by the Empire tricked them into thinking he hyperspaced out, even enough the Falcon's hyperdrive was down. Han then after the Empire's Star Destroyers left went to Bespin to a city in the clouds that mines the gas on the planet.

There Han met his old buddy Lando Calrassian and asked for his help in fixing the hyperdrive, but little did Han know that the Empire was wait in the city. The Darth Vader capture Han, Leia and Chewbacca and tortured Han. Later Vader froze Han in city carbonite freezer and Han was shiped to Jabba the Hutt. (Will we be playing that he IS frozen in carbonite?)

Description: Uhh if you don't know....
    Affiliation: Rebleion

Name: Chewy
    BioAn immense, fur covered warrior of great strength and loyalty, Chewbacca the Wookiee was a well known figure in both the underworld and in the Rebel Alliance. Born on Kashyyyk over two centuries before the Battle of Yavin, Chewbacca was a wise, sophisticated being with exceptional skills in starship piloting and repair. For their brutish strength and technological savvy, Wookiees were enslaved by the Empire for use as labor. For a time, Chewbacca was a slave, toiling away for the betterment of the Empire until an impudent Imperial cadet named Han Solo freed him.
    Drummed out of the military, Solo had few options but to return to the fringe lifestyle he knew so well. Chewbacca swore loyalty to Han, and became his partner in crime. The two of them became a well known smuggling duo. When they came into ownership of the freighter Millennium Falcon, their exploits became legendary.

Chewbacca and Solo spent hours modifying and tinkering on their beloved Falcon, souping it up far beyond its original performance specs. Although the Falcon's upkeep was a labor of love, many a time Chewie unleashed his legendary temper on the recalcitrant freighter, banging his massive furry hands against delicate components that refused to behave.

Chewbacca became Solo's conscience of sorts. Though the smuggler maintained a mercenary air of bravado that refused to adhere to any ideals other than self-preservation, Chewie was openly the more compassionate of the two. Perhaps it was the ordeal suffered by his people at the hands of the Empire that caused Chewie to feel this way. Although Solo steered clear of any allegiance during the Galactic Civil War, Chewbacca definitely supported the Rebel cause, though the two of them tried to avoid the struggle altogether.

Ironically, a simple steerage assignment landed them in the heart of the Rebel Alliance. Desperate for cash, Chewie and Han

8. Darth_wanderguard

Darth_wanderguard Game Host star 6 VIP - Game Host

Apr 26, 2005
    Well, Vader was my first choice, and Han was my second, but they're both taken, so I'll go with obi-wan's ghost.

Name: Obi-Wan Kenobi
    bio: Obi-Wan kenobi was originally trained by jedi master Qui-Gon Jinn, who was killed during a battle with a sith. Obi went on to train Anakin Skywalker, who would be the future dark lord of the sith. After the jedi were killed, and the republic dismantled, Obi-Wan went into hiding on the planet Tatooine, where he eventually trained Anakin's son in the ways of the force. He and Luke were captured by the empire, on their way to Alderaan, which had been just destroyed. They were taken aboard the death star, where Obi faced off against Anakin for one last time, allowing Luke and the others to escape. Obi-Wan was killed that day, but remained in spirit form to guide Luke.

description: ... Please...
    affiliation: Good

9. SaberGiiett7

Jul 2, 2002
    Four more characters to add: Jabba the Hutt, Admiral Ackbar, Wedge Antilles, and Boba Fett. :cool:

<[-]> Saber

10. Darth_wanderguard

Darth_wanderguard Game Host star 6 VIP - Game Host

Apr 26, 2005
    Oh crap, how could I forget Boba!? If it's okay with you, can I change my character to Boba Fett?

11. Darth-Leahmic

Darth-Leahmic Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 21, 2005
    Man...I guess I gotta take Ackbar. Ackbar is one of my favs any ways.

12. Darth_Patton00

Darth_Patton00 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 9, 2005
    okay I'm taking Wedge

name:Wedge Antilles
    bio:click here
    description:human, has black hair
    affiliation:rebellion

13. LeiaHair

LeiaHair Jedi Master star 4

Aug 9, 2003
    Name: Leia Organa
    Bio: (I did one for up to Empire)Leia Organa had accomplished much at a young age: a leader in the Alliance to Restore the Republic, a former member of the Imperial Senate, and a member of the Royal Family of Alderaan. Yet despite her stature, for many years, Leia herself was not privy to much of her true heritage.
    It was common knowledge throughout the court that Leia was adopted into the Royal Family. What wasn't common knowledge was that Leia was born to Anakin Skywalker, a Jedi pupil who succumbed to the dark side and became Darth Vader. She was one of a set of twins, born in secrecy and protected from Vader and the Emperor. The Jedi hero and general, Obi-Wan Kenobi, saw to it that Leia was secretly transported to the planet Alderaan, where she was to be raised by Kenobi's friend Bail Organa. The boy, Luke, was taken to the distant world of Tatooine. Leia has few memories of her true mother, Padmé Amidala. All that Leia can recall is that she was beautiful, but sad.

Leia followed in her adoptive father's footsteps, and entered politics. She became the youngest senator ever in the Imperial Senate, representing Alderaan. As a senator, Princess Leia ran a number of "diplomatic aid missions" that were fronts for Rebel resupply missions. She used her diplomatic immunity and her consular ship to gain access to restricted areas.

One such mission saw Leia's ship intercepting vital Imperial plans stolen by Rebel spies. These plans, the complete technical readouts of the Death Star battle station, could be exploited by the Alliance to secure a sizable victory over the Empire. Armed with the Death Star plans, Leia was given a mission by her father to find one of the Republic's greatest heroes and recruit him into the Alliance. En route to the planet Tatooine to find General Obi-Wan Kenobi, Leia's ship was attacked by Imperial forces, and she was taken prisoner by Lord Darth Vader. She barely had time to hide the stolen plans into the memory systems of an R2 unit, and ordered it to find Obi-Wan on Tatooine.

As a prisoner of Vader, Leia underwent terrible torture aboard the Death Star. In addition to the mind probes, the Imperials forced her to witness the destruction of her home planet of Alderaan. Despite this, she refused to reveal the location of the hidden Rebel base, or the whereabouts of the stolen plans. Shortly thereafter, Luke Skywalker and Han Solo rescued her from the battle station and carried her and the stolen plans to the Rebel base on Yavin's fourth moon. Due to Leia's efforts, and the help of her companions, the Death Star was eventually destroyed.
    Description: Brown eyes, long, brown hair, 1.5 meters tall (that's like 5' 2'' or something).
    Affiliation: Rebel Alliance

I hope this works... I did one similar to this for ANH... but it fell apart...

14. SaberGiiett7

Jul 2, 2002
    Looks good, people. We'll wait until two or three more people take some characters and we'll get started. Obi-Wan Kenobi is now vacant as an option for any prospective players. :)

<[-]> Saber

15. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    I suppose I'll play as His Imperial Majesty--bio forthcoming.

16. Darth_Vaders_cousin

Darth_Vaders_cousin Jedi Knight star 5

Nov 12, 2004
    Palps is already taken by Nemisis

17. darth_nemisis

May 15, 2004
    Name: Emperor Palpatine
    Bio: Palpatine was the supreme ruler of the most powerful tyrannical regime the galaxy had ever witnessed, yet his roots are extremely humble, traced back to the peaceful world of Naboo.
    Before his rise to power, Palpatine was an unassuming yet ambitious Senator in the Galactic Republic. Palpatine saw the Republic crumbling about him, torn apart by partisan bickering and corruption. All too common were those unscrupulous Senators taking advantage of the system, growing fat and wealthy on a bureaucracy too slow to catch them.

Palpatine's moment of opportunity came as a result of a trade embargo. The Trade Federation, in protest of government measures that would tax their outlying trade routes, blockaded and invaded Naboo. Naboo's planetary leader, Queen Amidala, rushed to Coruscant for Palpatine's aid. Together, the two pleaded to the Senate for intervention, only to see their request stalemated by Trade Federation filibustering. Frustrated by the government's inability to do anything, Queen Amidala acted upon Palpatine's suggestion, and called for a Vote of No Confidence in the Republic's leadership.

Chancellor Valorum was voted out of office, and Palpatine was soon nominated to succeed him. The crisis on Naboo prompted a strong sympathy vote, and Palpatine became Chancellor. He promised to reunite the disaffected, and bring order and justice to the government.

Despite his promises, the Republic continued to be mired in strife and chaos. A decade after his nomination, Palpatine's Chancellery was faced with the challenge of a popular Separatist movement led by the charismatic leader, Count Dooku. Many in the galaxy feared that the conflict would escalate to full-scale warfare, but Palpatine was adamant that the crisis could be resolved by negotiation.

The Separatists didn't agree. Upon the discovery of a secret army of droids, it became apparent that the Separatists were on the verge of declaring war against the Republic. To counter this, the Republic needed a military, and Palpatine required the authority to activate the Republic's newly forged army of clones. To that end, Senators loyal to Palpatine motioned that the Chancellor be given emergency powers to deal with the Separatist threat.

With spoken regrets, Palpatine accepted the new mantle of power. He promised to return his absolute authority to the Senate after emergency subsided. What no one realized was that the galaxy would undergo further upheaval, and that a state of crisis would ensure Palpatine's authority for decades.

The indications of his future regime were subtle at first. Palpatine's term as Chancellor ended during the rise of the Separatists, but that crisis allowed him to extend his stay in office. Once the Clone Wars erupted, the Senate's inability to efficiently wage war on scattered fronts forced him to enact executive decree after executive decree. He added amendments to the constitution funneling more power to him, effectively circumventing the bureaucracy of the Senate.

The Jedi Council was among the wary. As an instrument of the Senate and the people, the Jedi order resisted Palpatine's direct control. This tension grew as the war escalated. Some in the Senate also quietly whispered their misgiving. Palpatine knew of a delegation of concerned Senators, and he would deal with them in time.

Palpatine instituted a military build-up unprecedented in galactic history. He created the New Order, a Galactic Empire that ruled by tyranny. The Jedi Knights, his biggest threat, were extinguished by his greatest dark side pupil: Anakin Skywalker, who had become Darth Vader.

During the Galactic Civil War, Palpatine ruled with an iron fist. He disbanded the Imperial Senate, and passed control down to the regional governors and the military. During the Hoth campaign, Palpatine expressed to Vader his concerns over Luke Skywalker, a young Rebel powerful in the Force. Vader suggested that the two convert the youth to the dark side of the Force, an idea the Emperor seconded.

The Em

18. DarkSithDrew

DarkSithDrew Jedi Master star 4

Apr 24, 2004
    hey, Nem. I remember that RP you tried. Dont you have a fanfic on it?

19. darth_nemisis

May 15, 2004
    I did, but I stopped writing in it so I locked it. I may start doing it again once summer start.

darth_nemisis

20. DarkSithDrew

DarkSithDrew Jedi Master star 4

Apr 24, 2004
    awesome, if you do send me a PM and I'll check it out :).

~May join RP 2morrow go to go.

21. SaberGiiett7

Jul 2, 2002
    To broaden the Imperial numbers a bit I will also add Moff Jejerrod, Admiral Piett, and Captain Pellaeon has possible characters. I received a PM inquiring about this and I'm sure GrandAdmiralJello would settle for one. ;)

Remember, Thrawn is still up for grabs. :)

<[-]> Saber

22. Imperial_Hammer

Imperial_Hammer Manager Emeritus: RPFs star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 25, 2004
    I call Piett. Character Sheet up later today.

23. SaberGiiett7

Jul 2, 2002
    OOC: I feel we have plenty of people to get started. I will assume the role of Obi-Wan's ghost as well as Luke Skywalker for the time being. If anyone joins who would like to be Obi-Wan, it's OK. :)

Ben, why didn't you tell me?

Vader spoke in his booming voice, attempted to persuade Luke to give up the way of the Jedi, to become not a servant of the Force but its master. To wield the Force as a weapon.

His emotions, his anger, his hatred would be the hands of that weapon. The dark side, the counduit by which it was channeled. Luke began to reason that he could use this to his advantage.

What if the dark side could be used judiciously?

Manipulation was of the dark side. But through manipulation was the only path by which the Force could be mastered as a vessel for the intentions of its user. Luke could not do this with the light side.

What if what his father - and he felt that Vader was indeed his father - was right about the galaxy? What if the entire cause, the entire foundation on which the Alliance was founded was in vain?

The dark side may be the only way to structure the galaxy, to maintain order as Darth Vader had said.

"Come with me. It is the only way," Vader calmy reminded him.

Vader's black-gloved hand remained extended invitingly. All Luke had to do was inch foward to clasp it. Then this nightmare would be all over.

Not only would Luke survive, but he would tap into power beyond what he could fathom. The vast power of the dark side. It beckoned him. He struggled between its allure and consternation of what he was contemplating.

Luke was about to make the most important decision of his free will. Ben had warned him about this. Ben had told him about the draw of the dark side. Both he and Master Yoda had known he would face this predicament.

But they had lied to Luke.

Perhaps it was not so much that they had worried about Luke being consumed by the dark side as it was they feared of the power he would acquire. That he would be powerful. More powerful than them.

He had been a pawn in their agenda. They used him to destroy Vader and Palpatine without an inkling of care for Luke as person. Vader cared. Vader was his father. His blood.

Vader told him the truth when those who made lofty claims of allegiance to the "light" had lied and told him Vader had betrayed and murdered his father.

Luke peered up at the skeletal iron mask of Lord Darth Vader through wind-blown hair.

Vader sensed Luke's ambivalence. "Make the right choice, Luke. For your friends. They would not want you to be weak. They would want you to be strong. For them. To help them."

Pain filled Luke's heart as stinging tears flowed freely from his blood-shot eyes. It all made sense! It was all so clear! Ben, Yoda, they cared nothing for his suffering.

He was used to restore their legacy selfishly.

He had to be strong.

"I... I... Yes, father. I accept your offer. I will join you. I will join the dark side."

Luke spoke in a tremulous but firm voice.

He clasped the hand of the Dark Lord.

TAG: darthnick11

Obi-Wan Kenobi, one with the Force, yet restless nonethless felt it at that very instance. The radiance of the light he was basking in dimmed momentarily. The very fabric of the Force wavered.

Luke Skywalker, son of Anakin Skywalker, had fell to the dark side of the Force. Obi-Wan was heartbroken. He had felt this before... And now, it hurt almost as much, if not more.

Yoda and his warnings were not heeded. The result was disasterious. The galaxy would never be the same because Luke had failed. Obi-Wan manifested himself on Dagobah.

Hope was not something he felt.

TAG: Master_Burhead

<[-]> Saber

24. Handmaiden_Rabe

Handmaiden_Rabe Jedi Master star 5

Nov 2, 2003
    MARA MARA MARA MARA MARA! Here's her charrie sheet.

Name: Mara Jade
    Bio: Mara's Bio
    Description: green eyes, red hair, you should know the rest
    Affiliation: the Empire

25. Master_Burhead

Master_Burhead Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 1, 2005
    IC:Yoda

The old jedi master was eating when a powerful shot went though the force and Yoda's long time friend appeared before him."Obi-Wan you know what has happend as I have.Our last hope had given into his anger and fear.I thought you and my teachings and advice would have made him resist the darkside.But I fear we were both wrong,now the sith have an even greater force wielder on there side.Even I could not hope to defeat all three of them.But Anakin had another child,she could be strong in the force like the others.Maybe she will heed our teachings while her brother didn't,we could train her in the ways of the jedi.But now I would like to hear your advice my old friend,now we must plan ahead." said Yoda to Obi-wan's ghost.Reaching out with the force he could sense the anger and hatered flowing from the galaxy.These are truely the dark times thought yoda.

Tag:SaberGiiet7

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.