main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Yes!!!!! Micro Machines will have their glory comeback!

Discussion in 'Collecting' started by Billy_Dee_Binks, Mar 13, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Billy_Dee_Binks

Billy_Dee_Binks Force Ghost star 4

Mar 29, 2002
    There is a god!!!!!!
    The greatest toys of all time ( without any doubt ) will be back with SW!!!!! :D :D :D :D
    :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
    Hasbro told SirStevesguide that they will
    soon bring back the line of small scaled
    ships, figures, creatures, playsets,
    fold-up planets, carry cases and open-up heads to toy stores.

Thought, they said the won`t be adding poseable mini figures with their AFs
    for now. They also have no plans for
    DIE-Cast ships.

Anyway, smile.

Think BIG. Play small! Micro Machines.

2. RogueWompRat

RogueWompRat Jedi Youngling star 4

Feb 15, 2003
    Sweet. They better have little figs, though. Action fleet without them is kinda lame.

3. DarthMak

DarthMak Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 4, 2001
    You mean the real micro machines right? Before the Action Fleet? The real micro machines?!?

YES!

Now you're thinking, Hasbro. :)

4. Master-Fett

Master-Fett Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 25, 2002
    CLONE WAR MICRO MACHINES !
    cool :cool:

5. Billy_Dee_Binks

Mar 29, 2002
    Yes, DarthMak. I was talking about real Micro Machines ( 1987-1999 ).

When I submitted the info to Rebelscum they told me Hasbro only said they`d
    bring back Micro Machines this year.
    So they haven`t really confirmed SW Micro Machines. I still think we`ll be getting them anyway, since Hasbro owns the license to do small scaled SW toys.

Even if they wont bring out SW Micros I will still buy general Micro Machines because I grew up with them.
    My mother always used to buy me them
    because she likes them a lot.

I sure hope Hasbro learned something.
    Those Micro Machines they made till 2001 were pretty cheap looking.
    And if they bring them back then I hope it`s more than war toys and racing cars
    from ( Indie racing, demolition derbies and F1 ).

6. VaderDarkLordofSith

VaderDarkLordofSith Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 3, 2003
    Sweet! I have been wanting some of the Micro Machines from the original trilogy because I didn't buy that many! I hope they will have a SUPER package in 2005 with every single veihcle and star ship in all six of the movies! That would be sweet! OR they could make all the mini charecters and all the starships in one boxed set for each of the six movies! AND Expanded Universe! Heir to the Empire! Shadows of the Empire!

A super Bounty Hunter set with Vader, Boba, Bossk, Ig-88, 4-Lom, Zuckuss, Dengar, Aurra Sing, Jango Fett, Zam Wesell, Jodo Kast, etc. AND Slave I(ep. II and V), Mist Hunter, Ig 2000, etc!

P.S. I hope they make a huge line for all the Indiana Jones things kinda like that one around 1996.

7. DarthMak

Jan 4, 2001
    Sweet! I can't wait for the fold-open playsets. Those were the greatest.

8. DarthMak

Jan 4, 2001
    Under the Lewis Galoob Co., MicroMachine vehicle packs were one of the first toys to usher in a new era of collecting for Star Wars fans. With an eye towards combining each companies Star Wars product line, and reducing competition within the franchise, Hasbro acquired Galoob Toys in 1998. Unfortunately, the onslaught of product released in association with Episode I proved too much for fans and collectors to handle. With an overall line reduction in 2000, and production on these specific toys halted, many were left to wonder what their future might hold.

Beginning last year, the ?MicroMachines: Action Fleet? line was the first of the Galoob alumni to be brought back. In its return, the line offered a combination of old and new vehicles, and is set to offer eleven more exciting Star Wars themed items in 2003.

With news that the MircoMachine product line would return in '03, many Star Wars fans hoped that would include the mini vehicles they began collecting nearly a decade ago. At this time however, the returning MicroMachine line does not include any Star Wars Micro sets. "The only Micro Machine product that is Star Wars themed is under the 'Action Fleet' umbrella" states Hasbro.

While this may come as a disappointment to those buoyed by news the line was making a comeback, it has been suggested that, should this year's Micro toys do well, the door remains open for Star Wars themed sets down the road. We'll be sure to follow the situation closely and bring you any new information as it develops.

I hate you Hasbro. I hate you.

I guess they're too busy working on their underwater adventure Jango Fett action figures.

9. darcphoenyx

darcphoenyx Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 12, 2001
    I see no reason to hate Hasbro DarthMak. (I take that back, see EDIT below.)

The Micro Machines line became bloated after Ep1 and ultimately wasn't making any money. They made too many, didn't sell enough, and so stopped making them. You can't blame a company for not wanting to lose money.

Since it's been awhile and everything's cooled off, they've reintroduced the SW Action Fleet line. Repainted old Micros and Action Fleet figures have popped up over in the G.I. Joe part of the toy aisle. But now, with this most recent announcement we have confirmation that the Micro Machines will definitely be coming back. They're just not getting into the Star Wars line...yet.

Have patience, the Action Fleets are selling well and I think a limited relaunch of Micro Machines will do pretty good too. It's only a matter of time before we see SW Action Fleet again.

We just won't see shelves full of stuff like we did back during Ep1, after all, you don't repeat your mistakes.

EDIT: If you want to hate Hasbro, hate them for oversaturating the market in '99 when TPM came out. Since that's what killed Micro Machines in the first place.

10. Billy_Dee_Binks

Mar 29, 2002
    ****!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Die HASBLOW!
    Burn in hell!!!!!
    :(

DarthMak feels exactly like I do.

If Galoob never joined Hasbro then we
    wouldn`t have to deal with this hole *****.

You know what`s funny?
    I have an article which only a few people ever read about. Before they gone together with Hasbro they bought the rights to do Micro Machines and Action
    Fleet toys till EP III!!!!
    Now that Hasbro bought them up including the prequel license they don`t
    do anything useful with it. SHESH!!!!

P.S.: The Micro Machines in 1999 / 2000
    would have sold great if Hasbro would know how to deal with such things.

11. DarthMak

Jan 4, 2001
    Sure episode 1 products were oversaturated, but that's because the movie was supposed to be the greatest thing in the history of civilization.

We all make mistakes. I guess Hasbeen I mean Hasbro doesn't want to correct them.

12. darcphoenyx

darcphoenyx Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 12, 2001
    They are correcting them, putting Micro Machines back into the market slowly, to see how they do.

If they do well, more Micro Machines. If the increased supply turns into increased sales, they will increase the line again. At some point they'll find a balance where any further increase doesn't sell as quickly, and they'll stop there.

It's a subtle approach, but one that has little risk for Hasbro.

13. DarthMak

Jan 4, 2001
    Well i'm not buying the rereleased Action Fleet vehicles that I already have from 5 years ago.

The original micro machines are better if you ask me. I mean, have you ever tried to stand up any of the Action Fleet figures? That is a pain.

14. Billy_Dee_Binks

Mar 29, 2002
    What do you mean with stand up and of your Action Fleet figures?
    Is it just me of do AF figures fall apart
    in some cases? My Snowtrooper from the
    Radio Controlled AT-AT did. :(

Well, new Micro Machines. That would be nice. Habe you already seen the pics of the new Micro Machines from that 2003 Hasbro show?
    They are still cheap crap. Since
    1999 basic Micro Machines suffer from
    bad ideas and money cutting.
    In 2001 they looked like the did in 1987
    which gives a retro feeling ( stunt trucks )
    but they are also really dumb.
    Only war and new-age racing cars?
    Where are the oldtimers, general cars,
    sport cars, ships, boats, planes, helicopters, trucks, motorcycles and all those other great things? Where are mini figures that brought everything to life?

I was really hoping for some more original stuff. Even repaints would be better. Repaints from 1987 to 1999.

I wish the old Galoob designer team would get re-hired by Hasbro.
    Why don`t they consider how much money the lose on doing crappy toys.
    Hasbro: GOOD toys sell BETTER!
    Think about that.
    Hire Jim Fong. He knows better than Hasbro will ever do.

15. Padawan716

Padawan716 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Feb 7, 2001
    Damn. That sucks :( those were pretty cool, especially the snowspeeder, AT-AT and AT-ST. :(

16. DarthMak

Jan 4, 2001
    I used to collect armed forces Micro Machines, those were great too.

I also collected Zbots. I'm probably the only one who knows about these things but they were released by Galoob. I must have had like 200 of those little guys. They were great.

At least I still have my Darth Vader and Stormtrooper fold open head playsets. And all of the vehicles. I lost all the little figures! Another reason to rerelease them Hasbeen! :_|

17. _Xanatos_

_Xanatos_ Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 18, 2003
    I MMMMMMMMIIIIIIIIIIIIIIISSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS Micro Machines, they made them for TPM what the hey, anyway I think my fav items or the heads, the playsets and the Falcon mm holder and the huge deathstar. What I liked about mm was that yuo could follow the movie better when you played but the figures of course follow movements a lttiel better.

18. DarthMak

Jan 4, 2001
    I remember the first time I saw Star Wars micro machines at Target. I saw a 3-pack with a TIE Fighter, AT-AT, and Jabbas Sail Barge. My jaw dropped to the floor. I bought the things constantly.

19. Billy_Dee_Binks

Mar 29, 2002
    Nope, DathMak. I too remember ZBOTS
    very well. I still have them somewhere.
    I did have a few of them but 200! :eek: WOW!

Do you mean normal of mini scaled ZBOTS that came at the end of the line?

There are so many ideas in my head for a whole new makeover of the
    SW Micro Machines universe. I wish Hasbro would open their ears for the wants of those who know better.

20. icqfreak

icqfreak Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 7, 1999
    Star Wars micromachines are imho the best star wars toys ever made. The action fleet vehicles were pretty cool, but the small little mm ships and playsets were definetly the best. I still remember when I got two of the first 3 sets released for Easter(1994?), I was so happy, if I remember right, the first 3 sets were ANH[face_love]-wing, millenium falcon, star destroyer, TESB:snowspeeder, at-at, tie fighter, and ROTJ:b-wing, at-st, jabba's sail barge. Then they released 3 more sets not too much later, and eventually they started mixing and matching ships together, but I think I got at least one of every vehicle made, although I never got any of the TPM ones, and I had the majority of the fold open "face" playsets, including the large millenium falcon set.

21. DarthMak

Jan 4, 2001
    The best fold open playset was the stormtrooper one that folds out into the Death Star. It had the trash compactor and the chute Han, Leia, Luke, and Chewie jumped down.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.