Yes, yes, I'm a guitar player.

Discussion in 'Archive: The Amphitheatre' started by Padawan_John, Aug 27, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Padawan_John Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Part of being an artist is sharing with others. Oddly enough, I'm a little timid of letting my friends and family listen to my "work," so I've decided to put it on-line. I've got two songs on [link=http://www.vradio.com/cfm-enduser/artistprofile.cfm?id=695]my VRadio page[/link], and I'd really appreciate some feedback on them, ya'll.

Neither "Mellow" nor "Heavy Jam" are perfect, but I'm relatively happy with them. Now that I'm working with a real bassist, I want to revisit the "Mellow" concept, with a little more depth and clarity.

In regards to "Heavy Jam," the drums are computer generated. I programmed them myself with [link=http://www.deelong.com]The Dee Sampler[/link], and played both guitar parts. Each guitar is one straight take - no edits, no cut-and-paste. There was only one other take of the rhythm (right) guitar, and well, I forgot to turn the mic on.

Anyway, let me know what ya'll think, please.

And be brutal. I need it. :D
  2. pennywisdom Jedi Youngling

star 1
    I think you're way too needy and you're just fishing for compliments. :D

All jokes aside, you should go rock out. No matter how much you post online, you have to be in a band to get laid.
  3. Padawan_John Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Yeah, the band thing . . . I've got a committed bassist and a computer for a drummer. Once I get the rhythm guitarist properly trained, and one of us takes vocal lessons . . . yes, yes, the laying shall begin mightily.

:D
  4. pennywisdom Jedi Youngling

star 1
    I'd love to listen to them, but the download isn't really working so well for me.

Maybe it's my computer?
  5. Devilanse Jedi Knight

star 5
    For some reason, I can't download them. Perhaps if you converted them to MP3's and posted them here?
  6. Kerr_Plunk Jedi Grand Master

star 6

hey Padawan_John... you're songs are cool, mostly because they are so unique, and, dare i say, experimental.. i can really dig that! of the two, Mellow is the one that really struck me as particularly wonderful.

thanks for sharing! :)
  7. Padawan_John Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Thanks, Kerr_Plunk! :D

I had a friend of mine check it out, and he managed to download the files without any difficulty. Maybe the host had a processor fart (comparable to the human "brain fart").
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.