main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Yes, yes, I'm a guitar player.

Discussion in 'Archive: The Amphitheatre' started by Padawan_John, Aug 27, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Padawan_John

Padawan_John Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 10, 2002
    Part of being an artist is sharing with others. Oddly enough, I'm a little timid of letting my friends and family listen to my "work," so I've decided to put it on-line. I've got two songs on my VRadio page, and I'd really appreciate some feedback on them, ya'll.

Neither "Mellow" nor "Heavy Jam" are perfect, but I'm relatively happy with them. Now that I'm working with a real bassist, I want to revisit the "Mellow" concept, with a little more depth and clarity.

In regards to "Heavy Jam," the drums are computer generated. I programmed them myself with The Dee Sampler, and played both guitar parts. Each guitar is one straight take - no edits, no cut-and-paste. There was only one other take of the rhythm (right) guitar, and well, I forgot to turn the mic on.

Anyway, let me know what ya'll think, please.

And be brutal. I need it. :D

2. pennywisdom

pennywisdom Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 10, 2002
    I think you're way too needy and you're just fishing for compliments. :D

All jokes aside, you should go rock out. No matter how much you post online, you have to be in a band to get laid.

3. Padawan_John

Mar 10, 2002
    Yeah, the band thing . . . I've got a committed bassist and a computer for a drummer. Once I get the rhythm guitarist properly trained, and one of us takes vocal lessons . . . yes, yes, the laying shall begin mightily.

:D

4. pennywisdom

pennywisdom Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 10, 2002
    I'd love to listen to them, but the download isn't really working so well for me.

Maybe it's my computer?

5. Devilanse

Devilanse Jedi Knight star 5

May 11, 2002
    For some reason, I can't download them. Perhaps if you converted them to MP3's and posted them here?

6. Kerr_Plunk

Kerr_Plunk Jedi Grand Master star 6

Apr 2, 2002

hey Padawan_John... you're songs are cool, mostly because they are so unique, and, dare i say, experimental.. i can really dig that! of the two, Mellow is the one that really struck me as particularly wonderful.

thanks for sharing! :)

7. Padawan_John

Mar 10, 2002
    Thanks, Kerr_Plunk! :D

I had a friend of mine check it out, and he managed to download the files without any difficulty. Maybe the host had a processor fart (comparable to the human "brain fart").

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.