Yesterday (Completed 8/5)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by KADI-WAN_KENOBI, Jun 11, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KADI-WAN_KENOBI Jedi Master

star 4
    Yesterday

Prologue
    It had failed.

His plan had failed

Both were still alive.

As long as there were two, he would never win.

The girl, the weaker of the two, should have been simple to get rid of.

He would go after the other. Try again.

And this time he would not fail.

I'll try to get the first chapter up tonight. :)
  2. ThatJediGirl Jedi Master

star 4
    Great start! Post more! Up!
  3. Senni_Arava Jedi Knight

star 3
    What characters are in this fic?
    good start :)
  4. KADI-WAN_KENOBI Jedi Master

star 4
    Thanks. :) Qui-Gon, Calayka Bele, Kadi-Wan Kenobi, and Obi-Wan are in this.

'Yesterday, all my troubles seemed so far away. Now it looks as if they're here to stay. Oh I believe in yesterday.'
    The Beatles

Chapter 1

I kept my eyes on the memorial pyre, trying to keep from crying. I had been crying too much lately. My eyes hadn't been dry for several weeks. Fortunately, my hood was up, shadowing my face. Noone could see the tears that trailed down my cheeks, despite how hard I tried to stop. Beside me, Obi-Wan stood, silently lending me his support. On my other side, Calayka Bele, my best friend, also stood, a hand on my shoulder. Their masters, Qui-Gon Jinn and Healer Mira Aova, stood behind us along with several other masters that had been friends with Master Ava.

My master. No, my former master. I had to keep on reminding myself she was gone. Dead. Never to return. I still hadn't completely accepted it. I was constantly expecting her to walk through the door, asking me if I had done my Astro-physics homework and not fed it to Mokee.

I shook my head, trying to gain control of the tears that now flowed freely. Pushing away the thoughts, I tried to focus on the pyre itself. It wasn't Master Ava's body that was burning. She had never been found. Instead, a pile of wood and flowers from Alderran, Ava's homeworld.

The fire slowly died down, until it was just a hot pile of ash. A flosk of white birds were released, disappearing into the night. The Jedi began to leave, until only I remained with my friends. I pulled down my hood, not caring about my tears any longer. Obi-Wan instantly pulled me into a hug, rubbing my back. I buried my face in his tunic for a moment, allowing myself to calm down, before pulling back. Wiping away my tears, I smiled shakily at Obi-Wan and Cal. They both looked worried.

"I'm ok." I said quietly, my voice shaky.

"You sure?" Cal asked, her eyes searching my face.

"Yes. You've been asking me that for the past two weeks now." I replied, reaching up to touch my braid out of habit, but missing. It had been happening alot lately. Out of tradition, I had cut off half of my braid, burning it with the memorial pyre. A black band had been used to bound the end. A symbol of mourning. Cutting my braid had felt like tearing my heart apart.

Shaking my head, I looked up at Obi-Wan, suddenly noticing his guilty look. "What is it?"

"Kadi, Master Qui-Gon and I have been given a mission. We leave in an hour." He said. "I'm sorry."

"It's ok." I answered, trying to smile again. "I'm ok. Cal will keep me busy."

"Definitely." Cal grinned, slinging an arm over my shoulders. "Files. Mountains of files. Files that will last us until the end of eternity."

Qui-Gon walked up behind us. "Padawan, it's time to go." He looked down at me, the same sympathetic look that everyone else I met had in his eyes. "We will come back as soon as possible."

I nodded. "I know. Thank you."

Master Mira came over, laying her hands on my shoulders. "She'll be fine."

Saying their goodbyes, Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon turned and left. I watched them go, keeping my eyes on the door long after they were gone.

No, no, no, no. This could not be happening! I raced down the hall, towards the docking bay. Please let it be a mistake. Please! I pushed through the doors and ran out into the cold rain. The ship was in front of me. I could see a group of people moving down the ramp. As they neared me, I found myself shaking with fear. No. They approached, closer and closer, a hover stretcher between them. All had their hoods up. Finally, I was able to get my feet to move and I pushed my way through to the stretcher.

"Kadi-Wan" Someone began. I ignored them and pulled away the white sheet covering the body. My heart stopped.

"No." I whispered, as I gazed down at the torn, barely recognizable face of the dead body.

Obi-Wan.

Time seemed to stop. I stood frozen in shock as they disappeared inside, covering him once again. The rain seemed to pour even harder. I
  5. Senni_Arava Jedi Knight

star 3
    hey, um, um, that was mean. Post! Please?!

<calms down> well, anyway, he can't be dead, right?
    :(
  6. ThatJediGirl Jedi Master

star 4
  7. KADI-WAN_KENOBI Jedi Master

star 4
    I'll try to get the next post up ASAP. :)
  8. KADI-WAN_KENOBI Jedi Master

star 4
    Chapter 2
    Master Mira had never seen a sadder day in the Infirmary. Cal couldn't stop crying. None of the healers had smiled. Qui-Gon, who she had insisted to come in, was sitting in one of the empty infirmary rooms, not saying a word. Her heart broke everytime she laid eyes on her old friend. He hadn't moved since sitting down on the bed, just sat hunched over, his hands covering his face. She could tell he hadn't slept or ate in days.

Suddenly, an odd scratching noise came from the door of the Infirmary. Frowning, she walked over and opened it.

A small, pink animal rushed in.

"Mokee!" She exclaimed, instantly recognizing Kadi's pet. It froze at the sound of it's name, looking up at her. Turning, he began to sctrach at the door urgently, constantly looking up at her. Frowning, she opened the door, letting the creature out. Mokee began to run down the hall, then stopped, turning to look at her.

'Follow him.' A voice whispered quietly in the back of her mind. Mira jumped, spinning around. What was that?

Deciding to listen to it, she hurried after Mokee. She'd act now, question later.

To her surprise, she soon found herself at the door leading to the docking bay. Opening the door, she instantly spotted a brown lump several meters away on the ground. The healer was instantly in action, running towards the still figure.

"Get to the docking bay now!" She yelled into her comlink. Kneeling down beside the figure, she gently moved the hair off of the Jedi's face.

"Kadi." She breathed. Feeling her pulse, she felt her heart freeze. 'Please Kadi. Not you too.'

Comments, please? :D
  9. Broken-Sabre Jedi Knight

star 2
    Oh wow, I'm lost for words... Great start, can't wait for some more. :)
  10. ThatJediGirl Jedi Master

star 4
    Eep. They are dying. Why? Someone save the Padawans. Great Post! Up!
  11. KADI-WAN_KENOBI Jedi Master

star 4
    Thanks! :)

Another post should be up this afternoon.
  12. anya Skywalker Jedi Master

star 4
    :eek: :eek: :eek:

And I thought Thomas was the only one that killed every character... :eek:

Still, those were great posts, Kadi, and I can't wait for more! :)
  13. KADI-WAN_KENOBI Jedi Master

star 4
    LOL :)

Sorry this is late. My laptop stopped working yesterday.

Chapter 3
    "Kadi."

I groaned, my head throbbing painfully as I regained consciousness. A cool hand suddenly covered my forehead. Instantly, the pain disappeared.

I opened my eyes, squinting at the bright light. Slowly, I just made out the figure of a black-haired Jedi sitting beside me.

"Wh-where...am I?" I whispered hoarsely.

"In the Infirmary." He answered.

"Who... are you?"

"Master Quegrtan." He said softly, smiling slightly. I frowned. Who was Master Quegrtan? I couldn't remember ever meeting him before. He was a complete stranger to me. So why was he sitting next to me?

I opened my mouth to ask him, but he lay a finger on my lips, stopping me. "I'll answer your questions later. Right now, you need rest."

My eyes began to droop. I tried to keep them open, but they felt strangely heavy. Finally, she gave up, letting herself fall asleep.

"Kadi." Mira whispered, willing the girl to wake up. She lay a hand on her forehead to check her fever, and gasped in shock. It had gone down! Only a few moments ago it had been raging, now she could hardly feel it.

The Padawan turned in her sleep, letting out a soft groan. Slowly, her eyes opened. "Master Quegrtan?" She breathed.

"No dear. It's Master Mira." She said softly, squeezing the Padawan's hand. "You had us worried."

"What happened?" She asked, her voice hoarse.

"I was going to ask you that. I found you out in the rain on the docking bay." She replied. "If it hadn't been for Mokee..."

Kadi's eyes suddenly widened in realization. "Obi-Wan?" Her voice was almost pleading.

Mira could only shake her head.

Kadi looked away.

"Kadi, I-"

"Please, leave me alone." She whispered, closing her eyes once again.

14. ThatJediGirl Jedi Master

star 4
  15. EMPRESS Jedi Knight

star 3
    dang. . .

that was really good!
  16. KADI-WAN_KENOBI Jedi Master

star 4
    Here's tonights sucky post.

Chapter 4

Qui-Gon walked down the hall, headed for the Council Chambers. His movements were robotic, following a memorized path without thinking. Several Jedi moved out of his way, sending him sympathetic looks. He didn't acknowledge them. The order may have lost one of its most promising Padawans, but he had lost more than that. He had lost a son. Obi-Wan may not have been the son of his blood, but he had been the son of his heart. Of his soul. Losing him was like losing a part of himself. Qui-Gon no longer had the will to live. His life was worthless. Noone cared if he lived or died, he certainly didn't. Part of him knew he was running out of time.

"Master Qui-Gon." A voice suddenly said, startling him. Qui-Gon looked around, shocked to find he was in the center of the Council Chambers.

"You requested to see me?" Qui-Gon asked, falling back into his trance-like state. Mace glanced over at Yoda in worry, who nodded once. Qui-Gon needed this.

"Master Jinn, you are being assigned a Padawan."

17. anya Skywalker Jedi Master

star 4
    Oh my! Poor Qui-Gon! :( It's really terrible for him to loose Obi... :(

I'm looking forward for more, though! Keep Qui-Gon alive, pwweeeese! :D
  18. Senni_Arava Jedi Knight

star 3
    is he gonna be assigned Kadi? I think that'd be awful for both of them :( Or it could be good, but....
    Anyway, Obi isn't really dead, is he? Unless this is more AU than just having Kadi in it. Don't mind me. I'm talking to myself again. :D
  19. jedi-thespian Jedi Master

star 3
    this is very unique! post more soon!
  20. KADI-WAN_KENOBI Jedi Master

star 4
    Thanks guys. You're right about one thing, Senni_Arava. :)

Hi jedi-thespian! Glad you like it.

Ok. Here's tonights post.

Chapter 5
    I looked up as Cal walked in, my clothes under her arm. She tossed them to me, a glum look on her face.

"Cal, please tell me your making that face because Master Yoda whacked you on the knee." I pleaded as I stood up.

"You better get dressed." She replied quietly. I didn't move.

"Cal, what's wrong?" I asked, looking her straight in the eyes.

"Nothing."

"Cal..."

She sighed. "Kadi, you're getting a new Master."

I froze, completely shocked. My mouth opened, but no words came out. The clothes fell to the floor, forgotten. Slowly, I sat down, my eyes wide as I stared at Cal. I wished this was a joke, but I knew...I knew my best friend would never joke about this.

Finally, I regained control of myself. "I..I'm not ready." I whispered, covering my face with my hands.

Cal sat down beside me. "I know. My master and I argued with the Council about this, but they are positive this is for the best."

I shook my head, still trying to deny it. "I'm not ready."

Qui-Gon sat on the couch in his quarters, staring at a holo in his hands. It was the Padawan tournament several months before. Obi-Wan had gone against Padawans older than himself and won first place. He had been grinning ear to ear for the rest of the day. The holo showed him and Obi-Wan smiling at the camera.

Mace lay a hand on his shoulder. "This is for the best."

"No, that is where you're wrong." Qui-Gon replied. Before he could continued, there was a knock on the door.

Standing up, Qui-Gon walked over to the door, his hand shaking as he slowly opened it. Looking down, he stopped, letting out a small gasp.

"Excuse me." He said, closing the door behind him, he turned on Mace.

"Kadi-Wan Kenobi! Mace, are you out of your mind?!" He asked angrily.

"Qui, calm down."

"You've gone too far this time. She just lost her Master and her twin brother, who happened to be my Padawan. To force us together will not help either of us."

"That's where you're wrong." Mace stood up. "Now, I suggest you let your Padawan in and help her settle in."

I just stood there, staring at the door. Qui-Gon Jinn. My new master was Qui-Gon Jinn. My brother's master!

"No." I shook my head, stepping back. Cal lay a hand on my shoulder.

"It's going to be fine Kadi."

"No it's not." I said a little more harsh than I had meant. "Qui-Gon is....was Obi-Wan's master. How can he be my master now?! How can I call another person Master?"

Just then, the door opened and Master Windu walked out. He nodded to me, then looked at Cal. "Padawan Bele, will you please come with me."

Cal looked at me in worry, before turning and following him down the hall.

//I'll come by later.// She sent quickly.

I bit my lip, then glanced over to find Qui-Gon watching me. I found he looked just as uncomfortable. Great. I was being forced onto him.

"Kadi-Wan, please come in." He motioned a moment later.

"Thank you Master Jinn." I whispered, keeping my eyes on my feet.

We stood in the common room for what felt like ages, neither sure of what to say.

"You're things have already been delivered to Obi...your room. Would you like help unpacking?" He asked gently.

I shook my head. "No thank you Master Jinn." Turning, I fled into my new room. Closing the door behind me, I flung myself on the bed, wishing the ground would just swallow me up.

21. Senni_Arava Jedi Knight

star 3
    hey, I was right about something!
    hehe :)
  22. Jedi_Borme Jedi Master

star 3
    Kadi this is a sad story. I can't wait to read more.
  23. ThatJediGirl Jedi Master

star 4
    This is.... depressing. I usually don't read JA, but, this has got me hooked. Please write more. Up. Will Obi be back? I miss him. I feel so sorry for Kadi and Qui Gon.
  24. anya Skywalker Jedi Master

star 4
    Good post, Kadi. I'm waitting forward for more, expecially to see how will Kadi and Qui-Gon deal with their losses...
  25. EMPRESS Jedi Knight

star 3
    Noooooo! That's so sad the way Kadi and Qui Gon are being forced upon each other by the council. Really great post!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.