main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Yesterday (Completed 8/5)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by KADI-WAN_KENOBI, Jun 11, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KADI-WAN_KENOBI

KADI-WAN_KENOBI Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 9, 2000
    Hi Borme! :)

I'm not going to say if Obi-Wan's alive or not. Like Senni_Arava said, this is an AU.

Chapter 6

Qui-Gon set the small box on the table, slowly opening it and laying out its contents. Every few seconds, he glanced over his shoulder at the door to his Padawan's room. Kadi had disappeared inside several hours before and hadn't come out since.

'Come on Jinn. You can't put it off forever.'

Sighing, he stood up. "Kadi-Wan, please come here." He called, turning towards the closed door. A few minutes later, it slid open and she slowly walked out.

"Yes Master Jinn?" She asked softly, already knowing what he wanted.

He tried to smile reassuringly as he motioned for her to come and kneel on the floor. She obeyed instantly, keeping her eyes on the floor. He knelt down beside her, gently taking her Padawan braid in his hands. Kadi visibly flinched, biting her lip so hard it drew blood.

Qui-Gon began to unbraid it, slipping off the black bead of mourning in the process. Reaching behind his head, he used a small pair of scissors to cut off a small strand of hair. His face was a mask of calm as he braided his strands into her hair, but inside he was crying. Now, Kadi was his official Padawan, not Obi-Wan. He had to move on.

Tying the end of the braid, he let it drop onto Kadi's shoulder.

Her head was still bowed, her hands clutching her robe in a death grip. She wore an expression that reminded him too much of Obi-Wan when he was sad. Qui-Gon fought back his emotions as they threatened to take control. He would not lose control in front of her. She needed him to be the strong one during this. After all, he was the Master. The Master that was forced on her.

Qui-Gon opened his mouth to comfort her in some way, but no words came. He didn't know what to say to her.

The door chime broke through the silence, making them both jump. Before Qui-Gon could answer the door, it opened and Yoda hobbled in. Kadi stood up and bowed to the old Master. She moved to leave, then stopped.

"You can go." He said. She didn't need to be told twice. He watched sadly as she fled out of the room, still he couldn't help but feel relieved.

Yoda's ears were drooping as he turned back to his former Padawan. Qui-Gon knelt down so he didn't tower over his old Master quite so much.

"It's too soon Master." Qui-Gon said, closing his eyes. "Too soon for both of us."

Yoda sighed as he leaned against his gimer stick. "For the best, it is. Heal one another, you will."

"Master, no disrespect, but how can we heal if we can't stand to be with one another? I can't even look at her without something reminding me of Obi-Wan. Everytime I think of...Obi-Wan...it feels like I have...lost him...all over again." He covered his face with his hands, fighting the rising emotions.

"Many a Padawan, I have lost." Yoda said sadly. "Not the only one to know this pain, you are. Hurts, it does. Meditate on your feelings, you will. Release emotions, you should. Duty to new Padawan, you have." He turned to leave. "Watch her, I will, until ready, you are."

2. Broken-Sabre

Broken-Sabre Jedi Youngling star 2

May 13, 2001
    This is sooo sad Kadi :( Great work, but sad... Please can we have some more. :)

3. anya Skywalker

anya Skywalker Jedi Master star 4

Jun 14, 2000
    Yoda is totally rigth, though that doesn't make things easier..

Good post, Kadi!

4. KADI-WAN_KENOBI

Aug 9, 2000
    Here's tonights post...

Chapter 7

I sat on the top of the tallest hill in the Stable gardens, my head in my hands. Why did the Council have to do this? I couldn't handle it!

My hand drifted to my Padawan braid. Looking down at it, I felt the tears swell up in my eyes. I could pick out the strands of Qui-Gon's hair braided with mine. Normally, the Master would use the Force to bond the hair together, as a symbol of the bond they shared. Nothing like that had happened this time.

'Why should it?' I thought bitterly. 'It's not like we share a bond. I doubt we ever will. He doesn't even want me.'

"Why so sad, are you?" A gentle voice came from behind me. I spun around to see Master Yoda standing there.

"It doesn't matter." I said, turning away. I did not want to talk with him. He was one of the Masters who had made me become a Padawan again so soon.

"Matter it does." Yoda said sharply. "To the dark side, these feelings will lead."

I didn't say anything, just looked down at my hands. Yoda moved to stand beside me. He let out a sigh as he looked around the garden.

"Peaceful, this place is. Full of the Living Force, it is. Know it well, I do. Many a time to find a troubled Padawan, I came."

I glanced over at him. What did that have to do with anything? Either the troll had lost it or he had finally learned the meaning of small talk.

"Get to know your master, you should." Yoda finally said. "Belong together, you do."

"How can I get to know him if he doesn't want to have anything to do with me? When neither of us want to be together?" I paused, taking a deep breath. "He's a complete stranger to me. The only time I've seen him is when I was with Obi..."

He lay a hand on my shoulder. "Strangers Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan were when first they met. Many Masters and Padawans, strangers they are. Form strong bonds, they do."

"But they want to be together!" I snapped angrily before I could think.

Yoda remained silent, just shook his head sadly. I closed my eyes, feeling like I had just failed some sort of test. I could just see Master Ava, my REAL Master, looking at me in disappointment.

"Come. Stay with me for the day, you will." He turned and began to hobble down the hill. Standing up, I followed him, feeling worse than when I first came into the gardens.

5. Jedi_Borme

Jedi_Borme Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 17, 2000
    I feel bad for Kadi. Can't wait to read more. I like this story.

6. ThatJediGirl

ThatJediGirl Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 11, 2001
    I feel real bad for Kadi. Up! Post soon please!

7. anya Skywalker

Jun 14, 2000
    I too feel bad for Kadi... :( Poor girl... :(

8. EMPRESS

EMPRESS Jedi Grand Master star 3

Jul 10, 2000
    what everybody else said.

I love Yoda, too [face_love]

9. KADI-WAN_KENOBI

Aug 9, 2000
    Here's tonights post. It didn't turn out exactly like I wanted it to. 'sigh' Oh well.

Chapter 8

Qui-Gon slowly knelt down in the middle of the floor. He began to use the calming breath technique he had learned as an initiate. He felt his body begin to relax as he cleared his mind of all troubling thoughts. The Force wrapped around him like a living blanket. He could see his force signature, a single thread of bright light combined with thousands of others, some brighter than others, creating a large, intricate web in the Force.

Finally, he pulled himself away. It was time for him to focus on his problems. He had a duty to his new Padawan. Kadi. Why had the Council forced them together? He searched the Force, but it remained mysteriously silent. No answer came.

Was it punishment for all the times he had defied the Council? No, they would never do this to Kadi just to punish him. The Force still offered no answers. He'd just have to put it off for the time being. Maybe in the future, things would be clearer.

Just then, something caught his attention, interrupting his line of thought. A pang of sadness ran through him.

The bond, or what was left of his side of the bond. Almost instinctively, he reached across it, only to stop. Where Obi-Wan's mind should have been, there was only a black void. The bond had been torn apart so fast, Qui-Gon was just beginning to feel the affects. The pain was almost physical. As he felt that empty void, it suddenly hit home.

Obi-Wan wasn't coming back.

The past week, part of him had secretly been hoping this was all some sort of mistake.

He couldn't do that anymore. If he did, he would not only hurt himself, but Kadi as well.

It didn't matter if he didn't like it, she was his responsibility now.

Suddenly, he felt someone reach out and warmly touch his mind briefly, before pulling back. It happened too fast for Qui-Gon to identify who it was. Someone not of the living. There was only one person in his mind of who it could be.

Obi-Wan.

Saying goodbye. Urging him to move on.

Qui-Gon opened his eyes, tears filling them. Slowly, he stood up, stretching his stiff muscles. Looking outside, he found it was dark out. Grabbing his robe, he headed out of his quarters. It was time for him to act like a Master.

I sat on the floor of Yoda's house, looking out the window at the lights of the ships flying by. Suddenly, the door chimed. I looked over at Master Yoda, who was meditating. He didn't move.

Sighing, I stood up and went to open the door. To my surprise, Qui-Gon stood there.

He looked down at me, smiling slightly. There seemed to be a peace around him that hadn't been there before.

"I've come to take you home." He said gently.

10. Broken-Sabre

May 13, 2001
    Poor Qui and Kadi, I hope things get better for them. Great work again, still sad. :(

11. anya Skywalker

Jun 14, 2000
    *sad sigh*

That was good Kadi. Sad, but good.

I'm waitting for the next post... :D

12. Senni_Arava

Senni_Arava Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 22, 2000
    are we gonna get to see how Obi-Wan died? Okay, that sounded wrong. I mean, no one's mentioned it yet, and I would think Kadi would ask at some point....

up :D

13. ThatJediGirl

Mar 11, 2001
    Sad. Very sad. Sad sad sad.

14. KADI-WAN_KENOBI

Aug 9, 2000
    Thanks guys. :)

Chapter 9

I was standing in the middle of a bright, white room. I frowned, looking around. How had I gotten here?

"Hello Padawan."

Spinning around, I gasped at what I saw. "Master?"

Ava smiled. "Yes, it's me." Without another word, I ran into her waiting arms, tears of joy in my eyes.

"Master, I've missed you so much." I whispered, burying my face in her tunic. She hugged me even tighter.

"I know." Suddenly, she let out a pained gasp. I jumped back and stared in horror as red began to cover the front of her tunic. She reached down and touched it in shock, her fingers covered in blood as she pulled them back.

"Kadi." Ava whispered, collapsing to the ground.

"Master!" I screamed, throwing myself down beside her and pressing my hands against the wound, trying to slow the bleeding. The blood only came faster, covering my hands. She reached up, brushing back a lock of my hair that had fallen in my face with her hand, leaving a bloody streak on my cheek.

"I'll always be with you." She whispered, then her head fell back, her eyes sightless. I looked down at her in horror, tears streaming down my face.

"No master." I whispered between sobs. "No. Not again."

"Kadi." I looked up through tear filled eyes to see another figure standing where my master had lay only seconds before.

"Obi-Wan?" I whispered, trying to clear the tears from my eyes so I could completely focus on him.

"Yes." He said, walking up and embracing me. "It's going to be ok."

I hugged him tightly, only able to nod in response. He just held me as my sobs slowly quieted. Finally, I was able to stop. I stepped back so I could look at him.

A scream of horror escaped my throat.

Obi-Wan touched his face, his face, or what was left of his face, mirroring my horror. "Kadi, what's happening to me?!" I took a step back, not able to tear my gaze away from his face, from the bright red eyes and the bloody gashes that covered his whole head.

A red mist seemed to come out of the wall behind him. Slowly, it formed into a giant, clawed hand. It shot out and grabbed Obi-Wan, pulling him.

"Kadi!" He screamed. "Kadi, help me! KADI!!!"

"OBI-WAN!!!"

A scream jolted Qui-Gon awake.

He was instantly out of bed and running for Kadi's room. Bursting through the door, he found Kadi thrashing around her bed wildly, tears running down her cheeks.

Qui-Gon shook her arm. "Kadi, wake up now." He said forcefully. She sat straight up, a look of fear on her face. He lay a hand on her shoulder, getting her attention.

"Kadi-" He began, but didn't get a chance to finish. She threw her arms around him, holding onto him with all her might like he was about to disappear. He froze, then slowly enveloped her in his arms, and began rocking her back and forth, humming softly in her ear like he used to do with Obi-Wan.

Questions could wait until morning.

15. ThatJediGirl

Mar 11, 2001
    Sad. That is how each of them died? That is sad. I not only feel bad for Qui and Kadi. but now for Obi and Ava. Good Post.

16. ThatJediGirl

Mar 11, 2001
    I think this needs up!

17. ThatJediGirl

Mar 11, 2001
  18. KADI-WAN_KENOBI

Aug 9, 2000
    Thanks ThatJediGirl :)

Chapter 10

Qui-Gon stopped in the doorway of the kitchen, looking at Kadi. She was sitting on the couch, staring straight ahead. There were bags under her eyes and they were red from crying. Neither of them had gotten much sleep the night before. What sleep Kadi had gotten had been plagued with nightmares, causing her to wake up shaking with fear or crying. He hadn't left her side once, not wanting to leave her alone.

"Kadi?" He said, walking over to her. She looked up at him, then took the cup of tea he offered her.

He sat down across from her, watching as she sipped the tea.

"Would you like to talk about it?" Qui-Gon asked a moment later. She froze, then slowly shook her head. He sighed, closing his eyes.

'Why should she? You're still almost complete strangers Jinn.'

Opening his eyes, he found Kadi staring at him, tears in her eyes once again.

"I saw my..M-m-master...and O-obi-Wan....die..." She whispered, covering her hands with her face. "I c-c-couldn't do a-a-anything."

Qui-Gon stood up and moved to sit by her. He hesitantly wrapped an arm around her shoulders comfortingly. Kadi tensed up, but leaned against him. He could tell she was trying to keep from crying.

"It's allright to mourn." He said gently, absentmindedly pulling her into a hug. "Keeping it inside only makes it worse. But you can't mourn forever."

"It hurts." She sobbed.

"I know. I won't lie, it will hurt for awhile. But if you remember the good times you had, that person will always be with you. Even if they aren't with you in flesh, they'll be with you in spirit." Qui-Gon took a deep breath. "Your brother, Obi-Wan, taught me that. And...and I hope...I look forward to learning what I can from you."

Kadi let out a small gasp, then pulled away, looking up at him. "Really? You..you want me?"

He smiled. "Yes. And I apologise for how I acted."

She wiped away her tears, a smile slowly spreading across her face. Then, she threw her arms around his waist, hugging him as tightly as she could.

Qui-Gon embraced her, feeling the happiest he had since his Padawan died weeks before. Unseen by them, two figures stood in the room, smiling with happiness that the two had finally found one another.

19. ThatJediGirl

Mar 11, 2001
    Are the 2 figures Ava and Obi? Great Post and your welcome!!!!

20. KADI-WAN_KENOBI

Aug 9, 2000
    I knew I forgot something. :)

There won't be another post until Sunday or Monday night. Sorry.

21. ThatJediGirl

Mar 11, 2001
    Well, I like this story, so I will try and up it a lot!!!!

I will so wait Kadi! :)

22. Broken-Sabre

May 13, 2001
    Great work Kadi, can't wait for the next post. Still brings tear to my eyes when I re-read the story, it's really well written. :)

23. ThatJediGirl

Mar 11, 2001
  24. ThatJediGirl

Mar 11, 2001
    UP! Looking for stories where someone has posted...[/i[

25. Jedi_Borme

Jedi_Borme Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 17, 2000
    Can't wait to ead more Kadi. Please post

Thread Status: